Sampaguita is a well run resort and super service oriented, but never in a 'in your face' way. We needed a place that was quiet and serene and this was just perfect. Our room 10 faced the ocean, had a few sofa chairs for reading, lounging and having a drink whilst enjoying the sunset. I did not dive, just snorkeled and house reef was the best along with White Beach.
What makes this place stand out is that all meals are provided and the food is just consistently good. They also have free laundry service and free transfers to Panagsama beach and the local town/mall. There is a supermarket in the Gaisan mall for toiletries, drinks and snacks (but the resort provides free tea time snacks -cakes and fruit)
Caveats and other observations:
1. Rooms do not come with AC (Extra 500 PHP per night)
2. Rooms could do with an extra desk or floor fan as ceiling fans are too weak, too strong, and cannot be directed
3. The resort faces an amazing ocean front, but there is really nothing within walking distance
4. Wi-fi is very unreliable, and largely only available around the restaurant/bar
Thus, whilst this has been great for me, it is not for everyone. It is not the place for shopping, nor really a base for going to restaurants or bars. The way to enjoy Sampaguita is to appreciate nature and serenity. Hope it stays that way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sampaguita is for divers that insist on an overall delightful experience, above and below the surface. The small-scale OCEANFRONT dive resort of 16 traditionally styled bungalows, is nestled in a tropical oasis of calm and ease. Our lush garden is shadowed by gigantic palms, rustling in the marine breeze, lapped by crystal waters. You appreciate sea, nature, good cooking, diving and congenial company? This is your little heaven! Our "Gangga Divers" Diving Center is manned by Excellent and professional dives guides who, as native, know the diving sites as well as their own houses. Non divers are always welcome on the boats during diving excursions free of charge, space permitting. Great swimming and snorkeling also in front of the resort. Unlimited diving on the drop-off! according to the center rules and timings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sampaguita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.