US$147
US$31
US$74
US$26
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$39/night.

Moalboal Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$26
US$36
US$29
US$68
  • Beachfront
Savedra Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Beachfront
Moalboal T Breeze Coastal Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$30
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe managershoneymoon suitewhite beachthe ownersardineskawasan fallsfishwhale sharksthe kitchen staffother guestslow tideoverlooking the oceanrooms are largescuba divingcoral reefwatching the sunsetmarine sanctuary
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Throughly enjoyed our stay at the blue orchid. After a week in the Philippines eating all local flavors it was nice that the kitchen had a perfect combination of local or other options so that we could choose what we felt like eating. The chicken schnitztel sandwich got from us.

We rented motor bikes/scooter at the hotel to go to the whale sharks, we went on a holiday and it was super hectic but we are so glad we went as that was our only day to go. On the way back we drove ourselves to a waterfall and did a bit of climbing and cliff jumping. Weeeeeeee.

What I would have done differently, stayed longer. Bill does scuba certification and dive lessons. He can have you certified in as little as one day of you have done the online training in advance. If you plan to get dive certified I recommend you email the hotel in advance so they can inform you of what to do in advance.

This place is eco friendly - super accommodating - and they are just great hosts. Thanks for the great break from reality.

* photos - view from our balcony day/night. By the pool and check in area. The inside of our room after we have made a mess in it, sorry forgot to take a before photo - but there is air conditioning and the shower is nice as well, I appreciated the mesh netting over the bed as well - I sleep very soundly, beds are comfy and clean.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Blue O, Manager at The Blue Orchid Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hi Anna M,
Thanks for writing us a great review, we are so pleased you had a fantastic time. Perhaps you will be back soon and you can get to do the scuba lessons. Im currently snacking on a tasty Chicken Schnitzel sandwhich so will not make this too long. Thank you...

Reviewed 23 August 2017

First, let me say that this place is quite off the beaten path, kind of on the outskirts of the island. It's expensive, but not overly so. The grounds are beautiful and they offer a lot of day trips (snorkeling, diving, canyoning, etc.) right from there. The food is eh, but what it lacks there, it makes up for in beauty.

We had a room overlooking the water, right on the end near the dining area - Left the door open at night, no issues, except for two nights where I was woken up to the sounds of a crab walking around the room! We promptly shooed it away, but it was entertaining to say the least!

They earned my respect one morning when our tour operator for canyoning at Kawasan Falls had failed to pick us up and they organized a tour from their operator for us on the fly. When the tour operator finally showed up hours later, they sent them on their way as they didn't feel it was safe to drive my family there (including a young child) on the mopeds they showed up on.

No real complaints other than I wish they had a) provided a life jacket for my 8 year old on the snorkeling trip we booked through them and b) had mentioned the jellyfish! My daughter was a bit traumatized by that experience and didn't leave the boat for the rest of the trip.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

As a couple who is very much used to the city life, we had decided to visit a place that could offer us a chance to experience nature and have a brief adventure of sorts, and boy did the Blue Orchid deliver!

Although we arrived relatively late (about 9pm), Michele was quick to welcome us and give us lot of options and suggestions for what we could do during our time there, with things like canyoning, snorkeling, and diving to pick from.

After enjoying some beer and enjoying the night view (their man-made beach is an excellent spot to do some stargazing), we called it a night and prepared to go snorkeling the following day.

Being first time we went snorkeling, we were given plenty of advice from Bill, Michele, and the crew members from the Blue Orchid ship. And thanks to all of them we had such a wonderful time exploring the diversity of sea life that is right next to the resort, that we decided to do it again the next day (having an even better time and even spotting a sea turtle!)

While they could do a bit better by offering wifi in the rooms, and offering more things in the bathroom (like disposable toothbrushes, toothpaste, and the like), between the great location the resort is in, the helpful and friendly staff, the affordable and tasty food and drinks from the restaurant (and during happy hour cocktails were only about $3 each), and the great views during day and night time, we had a great time in there and definitely plan on going back in the future.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Blue O, Manager at The Blue Orchid Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Andretito,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing us a wonderful review. We are so fortunate to live in such an incredible place, that we love it when our guests enjoy the beauty of the resort and the ocean just in front. You mentioned wifi in the rooms which we are working on. We are starting to build our own wifi tower that we hope by early 2018 will enable guest to pick it up in many other areas. Unfortunately disposable items are forever washing up on our beach and area of coastline. During our monthly beach clean ups and dives against debris we have collected as much as 91 kilos of plastic waste. Stocking throwaway items in a country that struggles with waste management is something we have talked about but find ourselves unable to do yet. Look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed for 2 nites in August, and found myself wanting to stay longer given the unexpectedly long list of things to do! Bill and Michelle as well as the whole staff are very friendly, and find the perfect balance of offering advice/suggestions and letting you do your own thing. My room was simple, but very clean and spacious. I would have loved to see a bit more by way of toiletries (i.e. more shampoo/conditioner, lotion bottle, toothpaste). I met so many people from other countries at this hotel, and really clicked with all of them, and I think part of the reason why is because this hotel really fosters a sense of community via its layout and the warmth of the staff. We would all socialize around the pool or at dinner time. The dining area overlooks the ocean, and there is a lovely, private cabana for dining as well, that is perfect for couples or solo travelers as well. While I was here, I did the Kawasan falls canyoning with a very fun, but safe guide through the hotel. I think this is important to note, because there were some guides who were less attentive and permitted visitors to jump from unsafe cliffs (people's bodies were scraping the sides of huge rocks-not fun). Bill and Michelle had told me in advance about our guide being very prudent but still very adventurous, which he was. I also went snorkeling on my own, and after a while, Bill came out and joined me to show me the truly biodiverse underwater life that is right in front of the hotel! That was a great experience. At low tide, it was also easy to walk over to White Beach. Food was very good and reasonably-priced. I loved this resort, and would gladly stay again to get scuba-certified, see the sunken ship, swim with sardines, get a beachside massage, etc. (as I said, so much to do!)!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Blue O, Manager at The Blue Orchid Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your adventurous trip to leave us this wonderful review. It was great having you here and we are proud of the fantastic things you have said about the resort, the staff, and the food.
We would love to show you a little bit more of the house reef so perhaps we will see you here for your Padi open water course one day.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Although simple and beautiful diving resort, for the price I paid, I am very pleased. The hosts and staff are really friendly & helpful.
Simple air-conditioned rooms with shampoo & bar soap provided. No fridge or TV in the room.

The restaurant food is very good. Just get a bottle of water and you can refill it whenever you want.
All diving/ snorkelling gears available for rent.

Marine Sanctuary is awesome and not crowded. Water & fruits provided for the trip.

Small improvement could be made to the cleanliness of the room. Some spider webs accumulated.

The stand out for me was the staff, Bill and Michelle really made it like we were visiting family and did their best to meet all our request.
If u hate crowds this is the place to be.
I would still give this Resort a rating of 9/10!

1  Thank Mark M

Hi Mark M.
Thanks for staying with us and for your kind words. We are very pleased that you found us all so friendly and helpful. We do really try to give guests what they want and our boat trips always go to places ( not the sardines ) without other boats so you can have the whole place to yourselves. I have just purchased a larger broom to make sure the house keeping crew can reach in all the hard high places. Hope to see you here again.