We stayed at Kasai for a long weekend with some friends recently. Overall, we really enjoyed our trip. We were met at the airport by the hotel representative (this was a little messy but we figured it out) and then had a 3.5 hour journey to the resort. The vehicle that they use for this isn't very high quality - the suspension is almost non-existent, and the seats aren't very comfortable - but it got us there. At USD $180 for a return transfer, I did feel that they should be using a better vehicle.
On arrival at the resort, check-in and registration for the diving was nice and easy. The resort dive centre is well-kept. The rooms were comfortable and the air conditioning was a god-send given how hot it was when we were there (and we live in Singapore, so we're used to the heat!). Just FYI - the shampoo is provided in individiual sachets and there's not shower gel provided so make sure you bring your own. This is the first time in Asia I have experienced this so I was a bit surprised, but it didn't detract, I just wish I had known in advance.
There were 6 of us diving and there were a few different issues with equipment over the few days (a BCD leaking, a tank leaking, a faulty regulator, a faulty hose), but the staff sorted them as and when they came up and the problems didn't repeat themselves. The dive boat is fantastic - really spacious and comfortable with very easy giant stride entry point at the back and two very comfortable ladders for getting back onboard post-dive. The dive guides were good and the crew very friendly. They took care of setting up all our equipment, changing tanks etc. which meant that we could just focus on enjoying the diving. Apparently the resort only had one XL BCD in the whole place (I wasn't informed of this when I provided the sizing information before we arrived, which was disappointing), so I would recommend them sorting that out - there were several people staying in the resort at the same time as us who would have preferred to wear that size BCD, so please buy some more!
We really enjoyed the diving. Visibility was great. A fair bit of current around, but there was plenty to see - we had some great wall dives with lots of soft corals and marine life and interesting critters. We also saw the sardine balls which were just amazing. It's a nice set-up for the diving - 2 boat dives in the morning, back to the resort for lunch and then a boat dive in the afternoon (night dives are available too).
Food in the restaurant was tasty - the Noodle Woks were particularly good. We also really enjoyed the ribs. Oh, and don't miss out on trying the San Miguel - delicious! Alvin in the bar was brilliant at keeping us supplied with them (once the diving was done for the day, of course!).
WiFi was free but pretty rubbish. But honestly, you're basically in the middle of nowhere, so it wasn't surprising and didn't detract.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely return in future. I think there's a few tweaks that could be made to the experience to turn it into a 5* review resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is perfectly suited for diving and other water sporting activities. On exciting excursions with jungle trips, cave exploring, motorcycle riding in the mountains, hill walking to the waterfalls and hot springs and much more, you will get to know the diversity of the amazing Island of Cebu. Alternatively, Kasai Village Resort is equally suited for romantics and those who just want to relax. We believe that YOU deserve to have a great and relaxing vacation with your family or friends. The friendly and luxurious atmosphere of the resort gives you the chance to get away from the everyday stress and get into island time. We will make our best to give you the holiday you deserve and dream of. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kasai Village Dive & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kasai Village Dive Hotel Moalboal
- Kasai Village Dive And Spa Resort