“My First Resort Experience”

Marcosas Cottages Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Moalboal
“My First Resort Experience”
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Because this was the first resort I've ever been to, my experience was pretty good. The staff were friendly and accommodating. They offer airport transportation which was very convenient. They were always at your beck and call and the hospitality was great. The food was fairly cheap and delicious.
Unfortunately, the pool was being renovated at the time (August 2016) so that was one downside. I enjoyed their spa the most. The massage was exactly what I needed after a full day's activity. However, I wouldn't recommend getting your nails done. The lady that does it is on call and her supplies were very scarce and limited. (She was super sweet though).
The location isn't so bad either. There were a few restaurants minutes away, walking distance. Across from the resort were two scuba diving places you could go to - both about the same price. The closest town is about a 10 min tricycle ride away. They have markets, restaurants, and a few places you could some sightseeing.
Overall, if you're not bougie, and you're looking for a decent and affordable, accommodating place to stay, you should definitely stay here!

• Stayed August 2016, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belle River, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2017

This is a very nice resort. I arrived a day early late at night and the security guard gave me a room and told me to pay in morning which I did. The staff is excellant. The pool is wonderful. The rooms are big and clean. It's very quiet. It's close to all other restaurants. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2017, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Pros
- close to beach
- breakfast included
- nice pool
- nice garden settings
- large rooms

Cons
- lots of bugs and insects in the room
- uncomfy beds ~ thick hard foam
- breakfast staff Michelle rude and ignores asian guests

Stayed March 2017, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VinhBris
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2017

Once you've got the 2.5 hour drive from Cebu behind you, through beautiful mountain and coastal areas, Moalboal's Pagasama beach area where this resort is located is as idyllic a place as you'll find.

This part of the coast is very provincial, not sophisticated city style resorts, but well fitted spacious relaxing environments next to a coast line of white sand and clear crystal waters that is so inviting to indulge in some sea canoe tours to see turtles, swarms of sardines and coral reef fish. The coastal views will melt your stress away in an instant, as will the people.

This resort consists of well maintained and clean cabin accomodation that is air conditioned with fans, king size beds and comfortable fittings. The pool area is superb and the bar/ restaurant there is open from 7am until 10pm.

Service is excellent and the staff ever helpful, ultra polite and friendly.

It's located 10 minutes walk from the coastal Pangasama beach restaurants and bars where you can try a different place each night, or stay for dinner at the resort.

The adjacent beach is quite coarse with viral sand and narrow, but it's so easy to get a tricycle to the nearby white beach where it's perfect white sand.

Transport from Cebu is either a car arranged by the resort costs about 1000 pesos or take one of many coastal buses and grab a trike (motorbike with covered side car) from the bus stop to the resort, which is cheaper. We did the car and we're happy we did as it's no fuss and a faster trip by maybe an hour.

Bottom line ...I'd go back tomorrow again if I could!

Room Tip: All bungalows are quiet and private. No preferences.
  • Stayed February 2017, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Neil M
Castelldefels, Spain
Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

I must admit breakfast was good and the common areas are nice and well maintained, huge swimming pool and the gardens are beautiful.

The room is basic, lacks ventilation, old and expensive for what you pay. I had payed the room online beforehand, otherwise i would have walked away.

But what made me write a negative review is the staff in reception and their attitude throughout our stay.

As a big climax, when i check out, they made me pay extra for an upgrade which apparently i had received without knowing it. I had to make two different reservations for one night each, so on arrival i said if it was possible not to change rooms. They checked the computer and said ok you can stay in this room. But then ask me to pay when i leave?

So when i agree to pay for something i don't have to, they now say i have to pay for some water bottles i took from the minibar. WE DID NOT EVEN OPEN THE MINIBAR! This time i refuse to pay as we didnt take that. They provide two complimentary bottles that we used the first day and THEY DID NOT REPLACE the second day. But those they mention we did not take and they insist we did. So they call housekeeping and make us wait there, accusing us of lying. Twice they went to our room and twice they insisted we have to pay.

Pity they made such a situation out of nothing. I will not come back. I will not recommend

Stayed February 2017, traveled as a couple