Marcosas Cottages Resort
US$36
Sea Turtle House Moalboal(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$29
  • Beachfront
Bonita Oasis Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$25
  • Pool
Moalboal Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Pool
Mayas Native Garden(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$14
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$18/night.

Moalboal T Breeze Coastal Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$34
  • Beachfront
Savedra Beach Resort(Moalboal)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$27
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

US$87
US$135
US$125
Priceline
All reviewsnice poolsheets changedown cottagebig toilethanging clothesquiet at nightrooms are big and cleanwalking distancegarlic ricestayed here for one nightbars and restaurantspool area isbreakfast was includedair conditionedno wifi in the roomsmango pancakesamerican breakfast
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I must admit breakfast was good and the common areas are nice and well maintained, huge swimming pool and the gardens are beautiful.

The room is basic, lacks ventilation, old and expensive for what you pay. I had payed the room online beforehand, otherwise i would have walked away.

But what made me write a negative review is the staff in reception and their attitude throughout our stay.

As a big climax, when i check out, they made me pay extra for an upgrade which apparently i had received without knowing it. I had to make two different reservations for one night each, so on arrival i said if it was possible not to change rooms. They checked the computer and said ok you can stay in this room. But then ask me to pay when i leave?

So when i agree to pay for something i don't have to, they now say i have to pay for some water bottles i took from the minibar. WE DID NOT EVEN OPEN THE MINIBAR! This time i refuse to pay as we didnt take that. They provide two complimentary bottles that we used the first day and THEY DID NOT REPLACE the second day. But those they mention we did not take and they insist we did. So they call housekeeping and make us wait there, accusing us of lying. Twice they went to our room and twice they insisted we have to pay.

Pity they made such a situation out of nothing. I will not come back. I will not recommend

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adrian A
Reviewed 2 February 2017

I stayed in a double bed room with a friend I travelled with. Conditions are really basic, there was airconditioning, fan. We arrived way past 12am, and found the reception desk was closed. It closes at 7pm. We did not know this, until we arrived. We thought we would not be able to get in, so I went across to Quo Vadis Dive resort and asked and the staff told me to get the security guard to take us to our room.
Eventually we got in, but it was not a good first impression.
There was also a cockroach in our room, and when I asked the staff to take care of it, it took quite a while and I had to remind them a few times. They sprayed our room with repellant but the next day it was back. Not sure if the same one, or different.
The breakfast at the restaurant is included, and you have a choice of filipino style rice and fish etc, or american breakfast of eggs and toast. We had lunch here, around 470 pesos for two people. Food was really salty, way too much butter / cream, my pork was swimming in it! Their garlic rice was really just butter rice.

However, the swimming pool was good, nice deck chairs to hang out on, read, people watch etc. Friendly staff. They were accommodating when I needed to borrow a towel, even after I had checked out, when I went diving next door. They also kept our bags for us safely in a closet when we were gone.
Overall, a decent place to stay at, the atmosphere is nice, feels very tropical, lots of trees etc but I felt it was rather pricey for what I got out of it. We stayed here two nights.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Tucked away in Moalboal right off the beach. Couldn't ask for a more serene location. Stayed at a seaside cottage and it was roomy. Breakfast was also good - had the mango pancakes (delicious!). No fancy frills here, but perfect if you're looking for a reliable, clean and comfortable place to stay. Also, literally right outside the resort are some very chill restaurants/bars - an added bonus.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2017

A very good place to stop for a couple of days. Nice, clean cottages. Very well equipped. Nice terrace in front. Quiet. Nice garden. A short walk to the nearby village and diving clubs. Good breakfast. Nice swimming pool. As for the local condityions, well working WIFI. Pleasant and helpful staff. Worth recommending for a stay in Moalboal.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We stayed here for one night (2 adults 2 children). It's not cheap, it cost 3400pesos a night with breakfast included, but only for three,

The room was quite nice. European style double bed (2 singles pushed together made up seperately) and big day bed. The Aircon worked very well which was good for sleeping that night as we had had a massive day of traveling to get there. The shower was so so, very little pressure and probably the worst we experienced in Philippines.

The swimming pool was beautiful and clean. Due to the location of the resort there is no sea view etc which was a shame.

Unfortunately The Marcosas wasn't really us. Whilst it is lovely we felt quite closed in as pretty much the whole resort is surrounded by walls and the layout of the cottages means that they are very separate from one another. I am sure that many people would enjoy this privacy and exclusive feel. But not for us.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family