“Clean and spacious”

Marcosas Cottages Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Moalboal
Reviewed September 29, 2016

We stayed for 4 nights and overall the experience was pleasant. The resort arranged for us easy transfer from the to the airport as well as helped out in organizing our trip to Kawasan Falls and Oslob for whale shark watching.

The restaurant by the pool serves delicious food and breakfast included was very nice, I recommend the pancake.

The rooms are serviced everyday and all the ladies were very polite and with a nice smile on their faces.

However, the spa services are very unprofessional and unpleasant. We booked an hour of massage in the spa, the ladies not only did not seem like they were trained properly and the quality of the massage was poor, they talked throughout the whole time they were massaging us. Little tip for you guys, just because we are foreigners it doesn't mean we do not speak your language. Yes, we could understand that you were talking about us and also that you needed go to the bathroom etc. very unprofessional. We did not complain about it at the time as we were in very vulnerable position being on the massage table and it was our last night there. This is the reason for our rating poor for service in this resort.

Room Tip: As stated before I would not recommend going to the spa offered in the resort. Bad experience.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ada L

Reviewed September 20, 2016

The communication with the hotel via email was really great. They were fast to reply. The accommodations were a good value for the money after researching what else was available in the area. If you are arriving to Cebu late at night I would probably avoid taking the buses. I ended up having to negotiate for a ride. If you aren't as concerned about the cost of a airport transfer I would highly recommend you have the resort do it for you so it is not so much of a pain. When I arrived late at night it took some time before I could get someone to let me into the resort, but otherwise they treated me very well! The breakfast was nice in the morning. After that I headed to do the canyoneering and had a blast. Came back and fell asleep. I would recommend Marcosas.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Astroph
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Pros: The room is spacious. Nice bathroom. Good size tv. Good size pool. Cute cottages, love the garden and plants. There are sunbeds if you wanna chill by the pool.

Con: Bed was meh. The receptionist weren't so accommodating when I arrived.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Joanne Marie N
Reviewed September 11, 2016

we stay here for couple nights, good value , friend staffs, fast internet but provide only pool and restaurant area. its close to the bar, restaurant, diving shop by the beach by 5 minute walking . highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2016

A group of us stayed here and it was the best experience. The staff is super helpful, kind and accommodating. They don't try to hoodwink you and the pricing is very fair. Even though the rooms are not very modern, the cleanliness makes up for the outdated style. The bed is super comfortable and I was able to sleep like a baby every night. When we had an issue with our room over the air conditioner, the staff quickly moved us to an even better room with a view! In the mornings, you get a free breakfast and this was actually one of my favorite parts of the resort. They have these mango (banana or orange) filled pancakes with honey that are to die for. The filipino breakfast is scrumptious and filling. They give you fresh orange juice and coffee/tea is available. The pool was under renovation during our stay, but we just took advantage of the spa instead. The massage therapist is very good and we all loved the treatments we had with her. The location is very good. You have Blue Abyss dive shop at the back, a mini mart on the side, a couple of good restaurants down the street and the market is about 15 minutes out. Every morning the staff would help us contact a driver or give suggestions to places we could go. When I go back to Cebu, this will be my home away from home!

Stayed: August 2016