All reviews private beach understated luxury bedroom villa every morning ionian sea shipwreck beach housekeeping staff kids club worked so hard blue caves salad privacy greece comfort formality pilates relaxation
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

I could easily write a few pages to describe in details one of my most special hospitality experiences of my life !

But I am going to chose the “straight to the point” version !

To the question “why”, the first word that comes up to my mind - after this heavenly week of holidays that just ended two days ago - is : “service” !

But you can get great service in so many hotels you and I have been to ...

Why is the service at Porto Zante Villas & Spa so unique ?

Because it is genuine ...
Because you feel that you are the only guests they are looking after ...
Because it is 24/7 and you don’t understand when they sleep, rest or even eat ...
Because if you could imagine just one second that you had a dozen of AAA staff in your private home who have been employed by you for the last 25 years and who know by now 99,9 % of every single of your habits and preferences, this is what the service feels like in this heavenly resort !

On one of the most beautiful islands of Greece, Zakynthos also known as Zante, in an idyllic property plunging into the clear blue waters of the Ionian Sea, caressing the white sands of its private beach, only nine exclusive private villas - each with its own garden and pool - are discretely and intimately spread out in the most generously luxuriant landscaped garden of your dreams.

The food is extraordinary, mastered by three Chefs all under the supervision of a French Executive Chef !

The ultimate luxury of this one-of-a-kind resort is the unique timeless service. Let me make it simple for you to understand : whatever you desire you can have at whatever time you wish it !

This is what I call luxury : breakfast at 5 pm or full dinner at 3 am, sports coach at the gym or on the beach, spa therapist looking after your skin while listening to the waves, two beautiful motor boats to charter for exclusive swimming experiences in the most secretive coves, ...

Make a wish ... Porto Zante Villas & Spa will make it come true !

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2020

Having just returned from two weeks at Porto Zante we want to go back already. Porto Zante was the holiday find of a lifetime!

After a slightly inauspicious drive from the airport through the tourist resorts of Zakynthos, my family and I pulled up at the double gates of Porto Zante with high hopes and expectations, and boy were these exceeded throughout our holiday.

Porto Zante is the epitome of understated luxury. Nothing is flashy or designed exclusively to impress and yet everything does. Once through the gates we were welcomed by the most lovely team who showed us to our villa which was stunning. The views were breathtaking. The villa and pool perfect and made all the more special by the private steps down to the private beach.

Beyond the villa, the two restaurants are world class. Maya is sublime and the Clubhouse felt just like a haven of great food and awesome service.

Porto Zante is marketed as a small and exclusive escape and that is exactly what it is, but the thing that makes the whole thing sing is the staff. Every single one of the team were the best ever, bar none!

If you want complete escape, relaxation, privacy, subtle luxury, personal service, breathtaking views and Michelin star standard food, then Porto Zante is the place.

We loved it and will be going back for sure!

Thank you to the whole team who worked so hard to ensure our holiday was everything we hoped it would be.

As my wife said “Porto Zante is like a little jewel”, and we hope it never changes!

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

One of the best luxury villas in Greece with excellent staff. Had a great time and for sure I’m going to visit again! One of the things I loved was the way they organized my vacation. What I recommend to anyone who visits is the Asian restaurant Maya. It’s an experience that you will never forget. Didn’t expect that an island in Greece would have a top class Asian restaurant with so high standards. Thanks to everyone working there and hope to see you next year!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2020

What a little gem in the Ionian Islands!!

We had the best of times at Porto Zante with the high quality of accommodation and the 'above and beyond' service we received from the staff.

The food was delicious and the drinks made by the Italian barman were unique. We mostly preferred to go to the restaurants as the atmosphere was so calm.

The views are stunning and our villa was lovely and luxurious. The pool was very clean and the gazebo the perfect spot to relax.

The interior of the villa was to the highest standard, the bed very comfortable and wifi was very fast and reliable.

Could not fault in any way!

Reviewed 6 August 2020

For the cost of this hotel, I was expecting an amazing spot and a fabulous vacation. But my expectations were not met. The area surrounding the hotel is not nice. The nearby streets are littered with trash. And the premises are apparently guarded around the clock by multiple security guards. So guests are basically stuck on a small piece of property with few options for dining or recreation other than the hotel or a 20-minute drive into town. The breakfast included with the room is a continental breakfast. Anything beyond a croissant or a bowl of porridge is extra.

The pictures of the pool look beautiful online. But in reality, the pool is aging, and the grout between the tiles needs maintenance. Similarly, we had mold growing in the corner of our shower. The equipment at the beach (kayaks, stand-up paddles) is not particularly well cared for. And the service at the beach is not what you would expect in this price class.

The website gave us the impression that there was horseback riding and tennis on premises. This is not the case. There is no tennis on premises. And the horseback riding is a tour through a nearby field littered with plastic garbage, rusting rebar, broken asbestos tiles, and a discarded toilet bowl.

On the plus side, most of the food is very good. And the staff is extremely nice, hard-working, friendly, and helpful.

1  Thank rolandsklo