42 people are viewing this hotel
US$469
Free cancellation until 25/04/21
US$453
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
eDreamsUS$453
TravelocityUS$469
Agoda.comUS$453
14,843 results
All reviews martini bar health bar santa fe swim up room k team sand bags fuentes pool la isla pool greenhouse tour casitas section wine pairing swing bar outdoor shower culinary theatre jo jos spot restaurant personal concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

After the past year of so many things that may NO logical sense, we were so excited when we had an opportunity to come to this beautiful resort and to help the good people of Mexico. We are here now and I am feeling frustrated. I have been talked down to several times now and told I have to put on a mask to walk to a table, not passing by a single person, at an OUTDOOR restaurant and as soon as I sit down I am then allowed to take it off. As if the virus only operates at a certain height off the ground. We came here to escape this nonsensical crap and enjoy ourselves and were told we didn't have to prior to coming, but that hasn't been the case. The lobby is huge and deserted, by twice I've been told to mask up in there too as if I am a naughty child! Also, "due to Covid" we have been given NO information about anything at this resort. Like printing out information and giving it to us will give people covid ?! There's an app....but it doesn't work well and its hard to navigate. It's also inaccurate. I went to yoga today where the app told me to and waited around and nobody showed up. I heard later it was in a different location than the app says. Supposedly, there's entertainment at night, but when and where? Don't know which restaurants are even open or what they serve, but the food we have eaten has been good. The website mentioned amenities such as bikes and the sauna and steam room at no extra charge but then I was told it would be $35 to go into the steam room when I asked staff ! Nuts! I have no idea where it is anyway. We don't have a menu for room service either...
OR a map or any info whatsoever. The place is truly beautiful but I am feeling very lost and frustrated.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank warriorforkids
Karisma Hotels, General Manager at El Dorado Royale by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Dear warriorforkids,

On behalf of the staff and management at El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a SPA Resort by Karisma we would like to thank you for sharing your review detailing your current experiences with us.

As you are at the hotel, we would like to urge you to contact our chief concierge and guest service at the lobby of the El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a Spa Resort by Karisma as unfortunately, we can not identify you or your reservation from the information shared on this website.

We are truly very sorry to hear of your experiences and challenges encountered to date however we would like the opportunities to change your perceptions and ensure we go above and beyond for you during the remainder of your stay, surpassing all expectations.

We would like to continue our contact with you directly, your feedback is valuable and we would also like to make amends for your experiences; Due to the limited information displayed on this page, we do not have access to your contact details, for this reason, we like to invite you to contact us at customerservice@karismahotels.com - we have a dedicated waiting to hear from you!

Reviewed 5 March 2021

I love this resort!! I went in January and went back in March. The beach is private and very well maintained. The STAFF!! The staff is amazing. Everyone is very accommodating and so friendly. They even remembered who I was when I came back. The required covid test was fast and easy. I will definitely be going back in the coming months.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karisma Hotels, General Manager at El Dorado Royale by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear samanthadavis94,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for sharing your experiences with the Trip advisor community. I’m sure your review will help many with future vacation choices.

It is a pleasure for us to know that your experience exceeded your expectations. Our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and as special as it can be.

We hope that El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a SPA resort by Karisma will be your preferred resort for your next visit to the Riviera Maya and Mexico.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

I spent a memorable week at El Dorado Royale and I cannot wait to go back! I wish I could live there! To start with, the place is beautiful and HUGE! There is plenty of space to enjoy to the fullest. There is space to be with other guests or to be on your own. I really appreciated this. Foremost during these pandemic times!! However, once we go back to normality, there are plenty of options to also enjoy a lot of party if you want to ;) so no worries!
"Gourmet inclusive" really makes a difference too! This is the first time that I go to an all-inclusive resort where the food and beverages are of excellent quality and my expectations are exceeded. You can't miss Kampai (Asian restaurant), Habb (Indian restaurant - super different and delicious!), Santa Fe Grill, La Isla (awesome breakfast and outdoor)!
Further, the staff is AMAZING!!! Everyone always has a big smile on their faces which is super contagious! They really care for their guests' happiness, comfort and they go above and beyond to surprise you! Our concierge Emiliano was the best at this!! Every single request was fulfilled :)!! In this sense, I'd like to thank once more to Emiliano (concierge), Cinthia and Norma (working at la Isla), Marcos (Kampai), Ivan (Sling Bar), Karime (beach butler), Rocío (concierge), Juan (Health Bar), Javier (Santa Fe Grill)... I'm sure I'm missing many more :( I took note of the ones I could because I really wanted to express my appreciation! I wish I could have done this for the whole staff though!!
As for the rooms: they are spacious and super comfortable! I stayed in a Swim-up room which was awesome!! I had the option to wake up and directly swim or go to the beach which was in front as well! The neighbors never bothered or anything.
In regards to the beach: it was super clean, not crowded and there are plenty of bali beds, hammocks, and regular beach beds to enjoy!
In relation to the events: they are awesome! I recommend you to take a look at the events and activities program since day 1 so that you can attend as much as possible because the resort organizes them in a great way and I can ensure you tons of fun! My favorite ones were: Mexican night (a MUST!!), circus show, and all the live bands!
Finally: regarding Corona you don't have to worry since the hotel is taking the best measures! there is hand sanitizer everywhere and as mentioned before, there is a ton of space at the resort so you do not have to worry about being close to many people :) also, there is a lot of distance between tables at restaurants.
Thank you so much El Dorado Royale!!!!! I'll be back ASAP!!! :)

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank anaccarrillo16

Dear anaccarrillo16,

Thank you for your kind words and great feedback. It is a pleasure to read about how much you enjoyed your Gourmet Inclusive experience.

Splendid experiences should begin from the moment you arrive till the moment you depart and we are happy to hear you encountered just this.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to hosting you here at El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a SPA resort by Karisma many times more in the future!

Reviewed 4 March 2021

My husband and I have been to many all inclusive resorts over the years. El Dorado Royale was our all time favorite. Beautiful property, fabulous beach, service was fantastic. We were nervous about traveling when the CDC changed guidelines but the resort handled the testing and everything went smoothly! Heading back to resort in September!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karisma Hotels, General Manager at El Dorado Royale by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DeltaWife,

Reviewed 3 March 2021

My wife and I have been to this resort about 8 times in the last 15 years. The first couple of times it was Amazing!! But the last time we went in 02/21 the food quality has gone down as well as there drinks at the bar. Service is still great but the quality of the overall experience has noticeably declined. I hope they pick it up and claim there excellent status because if they don’t we will not be returning to this resort.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karisma Hotels, General Manager at El Dorado Royale by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Dear arandafrank,

On behalf of all staff and the management team at El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya, a Spa Resort by Karisma, we would like to thank you for sharing your review detailing your most recent experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and kind words; such comments help us to achieve your expectations.

We are truly very sorry for what seems to have been a disappointing stay. Your comments with regards to the food quality and bar service have been discussed in great detail to identify where immediate improvements can be made to perfect our experience.

We would like to continue our communication with you, please do not hesitate to contact the customer service department at customerservice@karismahotels.com so your comments and experiences can be personally attended to.

Kind Regards,