Despotiko Hotel Mykonos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ilio Maris Hotel(Mykonos Town)
Boheme(Mykonos Town)
  • Bar/Lounge
Pelican Hotel(Mykonos Town)
Adonis Hotel(Mykonos Town)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe busbreakfast roompool areasized roomsnice boutique hotelnice poolbusy roadwi figyrosthoroughly enjoyed our staydecent sizesidewalkhilltownmykonosproximityisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2017

we arrived from the port in a bus with about 20 people all ages, and realize the reception area is on the second floor, there were 2 young men and 2 ladies in their 50s, Well, no one made the attempt to carry the luggage upstairs, we could carry ours, but there were elderly people that could have use the help.
Breakfast, the areas are beautifully decorated, but when you select your table, the warden kicks you out "this is for decor", I filled my water bottle from the pitcher and the warden told me "we sell bottled water in the bar", cold breakfast nothing out of the way.
I took a bath and when I took the plug out the water started coming out of the drainage on the floor mixed with sewage water, I plugged the tub and my husband went to the reception, guy says, nobody here, there is nothing I can do, so here have these towels to dry the floor......still dumbfounded.....no tourist oriented skills at all
hotel is on main street, busy and noisy, people on ATV all over town
the good thing is a little patio with furniture outside your room, breezy and nice to enjoy the afternoon

Room Tip: room with a view to the inside patio
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank guerrerocara
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Day 1 Sat down at a nicely set table in breakfast room.I got in line for breakfast buffet (all cold foods) and a stern woman came up to me demanding I give her
"The decorative plate" back that was placed at the table setting.
Day 2 Same Breakfast Warden tried to seat us between 3 beams like in a box in other dining room.I instead walked to nice table facing the Sea and she says "Not for sitting that is the"decorative table!"
So we go sit at another decent table and she glares at us and reluctantly takes away rhe spare setting and we sit down.

Hotel is a foot or two from busy road overun with four wheelers scooters and buses You take your life in their hands walking about a third a mile into town

The pool is nice and room was adequate.
Stern receptionist did not have a Do Not Disturb sign and would not agree to leave room alone.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2017

What an awesome 3 night stay at the despotiko. From the arrival to the departure it was simply a pleasant experience - both owner Ana and employee Irene greeted us with smiles and were available at all times. The hotel is literally a 6 minute walk into Mykonos town which was an A+ for us.
The hotel grounds were just marvelous- it's an old bishop home converted into a hotel. the feel is very European classic- we had the breakfast option so we were able to dine in their breakfast dining room. But the way, Nelly an employee who did it all - always greeted us with a SMILE and very helpful.
I truly have nothing bad to say about this HOTEL.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Stayed in many hotels in Mykonos and this is a good option if you looking for something reasonably priced. It´s in town so short walk to shopping and restaurants. We stayed in a room with patio. Ok beds and clean bathrooms. Good pool area with a big pool you can dive in.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

stayed for 5 days , my family had a great time ,
lovely pool area ,great to enjoy a dip after the beach, beautiful flowers and even a church in the yard, quiet hotel , friendly staff, good wifi,
it was also sheltered from the wind so if the weather is not good you can enjoy the pool area.
will visit again , good prices

Room Tip: ask for view
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family