“Grumpy ”

Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Italian, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A really nicely presented restaurant with open kitchen & a chefs table spoilt by grumpy staff. We were greeted (I use the term loosely) and shown to our table and waited 20 minutes before being acknowledged by a member of staff with either a menu or being offered a drink. The food was good, mid priced, nice selection of options on the menu from tuna tartare, prawn cerviche, steak tartare to filet steak. Great selection of wine too. It took 1 hour 15 minutes to get our starter and we were on desert within another hour so timing all out. If they sort the service out then this could be a great place to visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

This place is a must!

Having visited several ‘typical’ restaurants in the area we were desperate to find somewhere special that served high quality and tasty food and boy oh boy did we get it!

We received a warm welcome after our short taxi ride from Anthelia and were quickly settled to our table. Various treats to nibble upon were immediately flowing.

The cheese ravioli I had to start was the best thing I have eaten in my life!

Followed by piglet. My husband had croquettes to start which blew every previous incarnation out of the water followed by a perfectly cooked steak.

To finish white chocolate soup with mojito sorbet topped with tiny colour coordinated meringues for me and raspberry filled meringue work of art for hubby.

A high class restaurant which is clearly the pride and joy of the team and so it should be.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and really look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

An excellent modern looking restaurant with well spaced tables, simple but classy décor and friendly staff. Quite a big menu for a fine dining restaurant plus a number of specials so my normally picky wife had no problems in finding something to enjoy. For me the scallops in champagne sauce starter was the star but to be fair everything we had was beautifully presented and had great flavours. We will certainly return when we get a chance.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

An upmarket spacious restaurant with good ambience, service and food quality. Menu included a variety of dishes that make a break from the standard restaurant fare.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We decided to try Sucas as we were staying at Baobab suites anyway. We arrived for 7.30pm & were shown to our table then proceeded to sit there for the best part of 20 minutes before we were even acknowledged by either of the two waiters. We were given menus and left for a further 10 minutes without even being asked if we wanted drinks. Eventually they came to take our food orders still without a wine list. I asked the waiter ( may have been the manager) about it and he was very abrupt to the point of rudeness in his reply. I also had to summon waiter as my two teenage children hadn’t been offered soft drinks either. Things did improve as the evening went on and the food was absolutely delicious so couldn’t fault with that at all.
Not sure what sort of style the decor was it didn’t tell you anything about the food it served though it had a nice ambiance.
To sum up if you like good food and are not in any hurry then it’s worth a try. Staff seemed like they’d had a personality by pass and were rather cool & aloof.