Hovima Santa Maria
  • Restaurant
US$206
US$182
Trip.com
Bahia del Duque(Costa Adeje)
US$1,151
US$139
  • Beachfront
US$192
  • Beachfront
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$107
  • Breakfast included
GF Isabel(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$104
  • Restaurant
H10 Gran Tinerfe(Costa Adeje)
US$169
US$165
Cancelon
1,747 results
All reviewshalf boardprivate apartmentself cateringceiling fanpool areabed apartmentbars and restaurantsthere is no air conditioningslight hillirish bargreat holidaybbq nightbed and breakfastsea viewreception staffbalcony doorthree star
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The front of house staff are very friendly and welcoming. The hotel facilities are fine and the bar tariff is very competitive. The pool area is well laid out. The rooms are adequate and the whole establishment is spotlessly clean. The choice of food in the restaurant is basic, however, what is served is of good quality. We stayed half board, however, we only ate in the restaurant one evening, For being a family restaurant the soup on offer was "fish/seafood with pernod" and this didn't appeal to adults so I foresee this being an issue with children etc. If we were to return, it would have to be on a B&B basis or room only.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
HOVIMAHotels, Manager at Hovima Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Client,
I apologize we did not meet all your expectation on your stay with us. I appreciate the mentions to our friendly staff, the fine hotel facilities, the prices at the bars, the cleanliness, the well laid out pool area, the good food quality. I regret you did not try our buffet more than a day to taste another soups.
Looking forward to welcoming you in a near future in HOVIMA Santa Maria.
Best regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After a holiday from hell in Majorca 2 years ago I was a little worried about what this hotel would be like. I had no need to worry as we had an absolutely excellent holiday at the Santa Maria.

On arrival our room was upgraded to a 2 bed apartment when we had only booked a 1 bed which was lovely. Yes the rooms are dated but it has everything you need in it and was very clean. We stayed in room 1005 and the balcony was huge and got sun in the afternoon. It was above the restaurants below the hotel and facing the Main Street so was very noisy at night although everyone managed to get to sleep fine.

The maids do an excellent job and the staff are all friendly and helpful.

We went half board and the food was pretty decent for buffet meals, great selection of foods for breakfast and dinner. When you arrive you are given a customer card which is what you use to purchase drinks and you pay your tab at the end of your stay or everyday, whatever suits.

Pool bar slushies were delicious and the cocktails were great too, Flynn and Flanagan’s the Irish bar attached to the hotel also did amazing cocktails - the daiquiri I got was so big the barman had to give me a spoon to eat it instead of drink it! (Pic included!)

Pools are good and clean and never too busy, also it was really easy to get sun loungers, we never went out early to get one and always managed to find some no matter what time of the day it was.

Location of the hotel is excellent. 5 min walk to the beach, although I recommend walking on round the corner as the beaches there are better. Loads of shops and restaurants nearby and 2 different supermarkets basically right outside.

We absolute loved our time at the Santa Maria and would love to return.

Also, didn’t see one bug!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Yolanda,
Many thanks for the excellent review on your holidays in HOVIMA Santa Maria. I am glad that the hotel suits everything for you, the location near beaches , the varied food , the pool, the bar etc. It is a pleasure for us to read that we met all your expectations and look forward to welcoming you in a near future. I wish you the best.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from a week at this hotel. In general I cannot fault the hotel, staff or house keeping.
However, the hotel is situated on a very busy noisy cobbled one way street. We requested a pool view via email due to reading other reviews but unfortunately this wasn't granted, we had a fantastic 6th floor sea view, which was extremely noisy due to road traffic, glass bottle banks being filled by local bar staff at all hours and emptied by bin wagons very early mornings, the noise was horrendous and made sleeping very difficult. There was also noise from local bars/restaurants with karaoke, singing etc. As well as drunk revellers singing, swearing and shouting.
The hotel is ideally situated for the beach, it's just a shame about the noise.
The food was average and a tad disappointing that there wasn't a children's section, our 5 year olds lived off bread, sweetcorn and ice cream. Yes they are fussy eaters but we can usually find them something to eat, however here this wasn't the case.
The hotel had nice touches of fruit baskets, bottle of wine mid week and sweets left in the room, as well as bottled water in the fridge. Like I said I cannot fault the hotel apart from kids food, it is the noise from the street that would put me off returning.
A lot of the apartments are private and not owned by the hotel, and by the look of the sun canopies on the pool side, most of them are private, so requesting a pool view is very unlikely to be granted.
I didn't like that money wasn't able to be spent in the hotel restaurant or bar. A tab had to be set up and paid for before departure, you could get a very surprising bill if not careful with spending.
There is a nail/hair salon on site, I had my nails manicured by Anna, who did a fantastic job.
On the whole a great holiday, just a shame about the noise. Even being dropped of by the coach on the main road and pulling suitcases up a hill wasn't a problem (could be for less able bodied people though) I'm not really a complainer but the noise was terrible and I would suggest anyone reading this review think carefully before booking if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Clbb39

Dear Client,
I appreciate your comments to your stay at HOVIMA Santa Maria that help us to improve our services.
I apologize very much the inconveniences with the noise in your apartment. We would have been happy at the Reception to give you another apartment should we have known your suffering.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rooms where fine, bit dated but we spent very little time in the room. We had cava and fruit waiting for us when we arrived which was a lovely little touch. pool is small but sufficient. The man who sings next to the pool is lovely.
Breakfast was really nice. Would visit again

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for your review on your holidays . I am glad that you have enjoyed the nice breakfast , the surprise in room on your arrival and the entertainment man singing every day at the pool " good morning " to all our clients. We wish you the best and look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.
Best regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We would like to share your holiday experiences in Santa Maria, Tenerife. We stay for seven years in a row. The hotel suits everything for us. Rooms, processing schedule, kitchen, food, reception desk. The residents are kindly welcomed by the reception staff, among whom I would like to distinguish Carlos always smiling, in good spirits, always ready to solve the problems for the population. We had no problems at this hotel for seven years. We recommend this hotel for all your friends. We continue to maintain and improve our service level. We will be coming to you next year.
Sincerely, Dr. Richard Dalibogas

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Dalibogas,
Many thanks for sharing your holiday experiences in HOVIMA Santa Maria . Many thanks for your loyalty all those years and your recommendation to other guests. I am glad that the hotel suits everything for you. rooms, food, staff. We agree that Carlos is a credit for our hotel. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in your next visit to Tenerife. I wish you the best.
Kind regards.