“First class”

Garvie & Co
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Milngavie
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Garvie & Co comprises of a 130 cover A La Carte restaurant, bakery/coffee shop and 2 bars, including the whisky room. We offer a full Vegan Menu
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Went there the other night for a quick bite to eat on entertaining I was greeted with a friendly member of staff I should have got his name as he was very helpful
I ordered the liver and chicken pate and my partner had the soup both starters were lovely I then had the steak and ale pie with chips this was a really good main course tasted great my partner had the mac and cheese witch she loved.
It really is a good place to go for food or a few drinks I would highly recommend you drop in you won't be disappointed the staff are lovely and the decor is stunning a credit to its owners

TheRGroup, Manager at Garvie & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear John Ferrier F

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Garvie & Co. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and will certainly pass your comments on to the team at Garvie.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I was here on Thursday for something to eat and the service from Darren was fantastic and I couldn't fault anything. However in today and we asked the staff for a couple of minutes to choose from the menu. 15 minutes later no one had come to take our order even though 2/3 waitresses kept looking over at our table and numerous couples served before us who came in after. so we just paid for our drinks and left, so I think it really depends on who's serving your area how good the service is.

Dear Alanna K

Thank-you for taking the time to review Garvie & Co after your recent visits. We are delighted to hear that Darren looked after you well on your first visit and will certainly pass your comments on to him. We sincerely apologise that you did not receive the same efficient service on your second visit however. Please be assured that this will be addressed with the while team at our ext staff meeting.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at info@garvieandco.com if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I went to Garvies on 3rd of January for my birthday lunch with friends and was very disappointed. We stood for at least 10 mins before anyone asked us if we wanted a table despite the fact that there were 3 staff directly beside us . It took ages before our order was taken and we waited for at least 80 minutes before we were served our food. We had fajitas which would not have taken long to cook. The food was okay but the wraps were cold . We got no apology with the delay. We decided to go elsewhere for coffee as couldn't bear the thought of another long wait ! I will definitely not be recommending this restaurant as the service was appalling !

1  Thank Moyra M
TheRGroup, Manager at Garvie & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Hi Moyra

Thank-you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your recent visit to Garvie & Co.

We are sorry that on this occasion we failed to deliver an enjoyable birthday lunch for you. Some of the issues raised are down to having such a busy day on the 3rd of January however some issues can also be addressed with our front of house team as a matter of urgency.

We encourage you to contact us directly by emailing info@garvieandco.com to discuss further.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

It was Boxing Day early evening and there were five of us. I'm always sceptical about eating out at this time, but was very pleasantly surprised at Garvie & Co. The staff were welcoming, the food was absolutely spot-on.
Assorted starters came quickly and were piping hot; same with the mains and then we were too full for more. Soft drinks, beers and a nice bottle of Malbec and the total was £164, which I think was spot-on.

Hi JohnofHalifax

Thank-you for taking the time to review Garvie & Co, we are delighted that you enjoyed your meal on boxing day and look forward to you visiting again in the future!

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Meals excellent - good portions and well displayed. Nice lively atmosphere. Served by young waitress who was very pleasant and attentive. Each course arrived in a timely fashion. Will return very soon.

1  Thank mickk916

Hi mickk916

Thank-you for taking the time to review Garvie & Co, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon!