Champagne Castle Hotel
Cathedral Peak Hotel(Giants Castle Game Reserve)
US$234
US$216
Agoda.com
US$83
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
The Nest Hotel(Cathkin Park)
Inkungu Lodge(Drakensberg Region)
Hotels.com
1,022 results
All reviewswellness centrelunch and dinnermorning and afternoon teasconesanimal farmbuffet styledeluxe mountain viewdrakensberg mountainsdeluxe roomhorse ridingself cateringdining roompublic areasguided walkexcellent foodunderfloor heatingstunning views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed for two days at the Champagner Castle and there is nothing to complain. Except the Hadedas which are quite noisy. But that's of course no complaint for the hotel. Food is plenty and quality is very good. Surrounding as expected and lots of activities to choose. I´ll be back...

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booking for the stay was efficient and quick. Upon arriving in the rainy weather, found it to be an absolute challenge for the distance of where the vehicle was parked to getting to the family room allocated to us in the rain and in the dark. Room was comfortable with both a tub and shower facilities. I honestly think that there should be some sort of activities to do with kids when there is rain. There should be a kids pool as well as I only saw 1 pool. The food was ok in that I feel for the money paid, there definitely could be a much more wider range of food to choose from. I have been to a previous resort within the vicinity & they offered a discount to stay on further, which I accepted and enjoyed more time there. Champagnes does not offer any discounts on extended stays. I had asked for a change of pillows, however this did not happen. The location is superb & the views of the mountain was excellent. Found it rather difficult to move with kids in the night from the room to the eating place. Overall my family & I had an average stay & hope that should we visit the resort again, there could be some changes that would make us want to come back. Right now we feel that the resort caters for more of the elderly as compared to a fully fledged family resort. The staff in the dining room was very nice & helped us along with our kids.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had the most amazing three nite stay over the Easter Weekend 2018. The staff were wonderful, food was great, views spectacular and loads to do. We had the privilege of staying in the Suites, which they don't generally let out to families with kids, and rightly so, because it so so beautifully furnished with such attention to detail and luxury,because our kids were older, they indulged us, kids and husband were in awe when we opened the door to this beautiful suite. It was a special long weekend, thank you to Zama, Terry, Damiani and everyone else who gave us such a warm welcome and incredible visit!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a paying customer and in this millennium I cannot believe that I am dictated too that I have to wear long pants to dinner and I have to sit at a table allocated to me.

Another issue I have is that I cannot change the channel on the TV in common area, without asking the Manager on duty - what is this a kindergarden?

I personally will not be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The deluxe mountain facing rooms are an absolute delight - spacious, well decorated with jaw dropping views. We just cannot understand how the chefs can constantly prepare food of such a high quality year in and year out ! This is absolutely the best gem in the Drakensberg !

Room Tip: Deluxe mountain rooms or deluxe garden rooms for exceptional views
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple