““Diamond Diners” deal good value”

The Three Horseshoes Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Allensmore
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Three horseshoes is a country pub and restaurant with three rooms available from £45.00 per night including breakfast. We serve home cooked food from our varied menu from 12.00/9.00 Mon/Saturday, 12.00/8.00 Sunday. We also serve Sunday roast from 12.00 on Sundays. We also have a outside garden area with a barbecue for those sunny days,real ales are available from the bar and a friendly welcome awaits you
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The pub does a “Diamond Diners” over 60s menu. A good selection of dishes served as smaller portions for a fixed price (steak is £1 extra).

Whitebait as a starter was really good - sizeable Small fish well cooked and served with a tasty salad. The fish was rather too small for my liking, but the chips are excellent. The apple pie (again, a bit too small) was excellent.

All told, a decent meal for the price.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Just visited the three horseshoes after a great day out in Hereford. Despite being lost for words on my experience here, I feel compelled to write an honest review of my visit. We’ll forget about the unwelcoming waitress and go straight to the food !!
Prawn cocktail to start, smallest prawns I’ve ever seen and the were so rubbery it felt as though I was chewing on an eraser, it was plonked on lettuce, yes just lettuce , that’s it, was given a knickerbocker glory spoon to eat it with, hilarious . The sauce was like water and I’m sure the lemon wedge had been frozen and defrosted (last week). Under cooked steak, (requested med/rare but was literally swimming with blood and very very rare), pepper corn sauce tasteless and watery. Baked potato with tuna/mayonnaise was the worst I’d ever had. Cheesy garlic bread, limp and cheese just about melted on the undercooked garlic bread. No check back (surprise surprise). Ripped of is an understatement. Avoid this restaurant at all costs. I know I said forget about the waitresses but as I’m from a hospitality background I can’t do it .... Absolutely disgusting!! Draped over the bar not giving a damn about customers at all. There was no customer service ! And to top it all the waitress was very scruffy and unkempt. One observation, the blonde lady behind the bar was working very hard. Disgusting place. Go to Tesco up the road, better service and food by far.

5  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We have eaten at the Three Horse Shoes a few times and overall it is a good average pub but last Sunday was the first time we went there for a roast. Big mistake! I suppose it was because they were very busy and the majority of the customers were having a roast but the turkey was tasteless, the Yorkshire pudding blackened, the cauliflower cheese under cooked, the rest of the veg over cooked and the roast potatoes mass produced. My husband had fish and chips and it was excellent, so my tip is - if you have to eat there on a Sunday - have something different on the menu so that it is cooked to order.

2  Thank Diana T
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Five of us went here for a meal last night good food good company a real good night out will definitely be back

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We visited the Three Horseshoes for a family birthday meal, and we were not left disappointed.
Despite the place being full, we were quickly shown to our pre-booked table and orders taken for drinks. Shortly afterwards our food orders were taken and in what seemed like no time at all, delivered to the table all piping hot. All eight of us agreed that the food was delicious and was money well spent. Prices were very good, and less expensive than many other local restaurants.
We will definitely be returning again in the near future.

3  Thank Ant N