Residence Chlorophylle
Hotel Regina(Montrouge)
All reviewstrain stationneighborhoodbedsbathroomparis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2018

10 minutes from the train station. Friendly staff. Cold rooms. No cable TV. Very weak Wifi, browse only. A DIY hotel. Went with a family of 4, was not given the room that we ordered. No bar, restaurant for meals. 5 mins walk to nearest store for food.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 3, 2017

The room was cosy and clean. the beds were very confortable. However, it would be better to consider that there was no internet because it was so slow that It was taking me 20-30 min to open my email account...

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Whilst travelling to the South of France we booked this hotel online a few days before. Having looked at the website it looked like a little oasis on the outskirts of Paris. When we arrived we were slightly taken aback (see photo) BUT once you step inside the main door, you will be absolutely stunned. It is a gorgeous hotel and even though it was close to the road, there was no noise whatsoever. A welcoming person on reception who was extremely friendly. We were given our room (42) which was a family room. On entering you had a kitchen table to your right, double bed and at the far end the kitchen area and bathroom (with a shower). To the left were stairs leading to two single beds. We paid £71 for the four of us and we loved it so much we booked it at the end of our holiday for another night in Paris. LePlace is the nearest tube and took us no more than 12 minutes to get to Notre Dame. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the bathroom was well stocked. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Having looked at the cost of other hotels, some over £300, this was an absolute find.

Room Tip: Room 42 was a family room but I think they have quite a few.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank carslates1971
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel was very charming & accommodating. They held our room for us when we got delayed by a day due to some travel problems which was really comforting and despite some language problems (my problem, not theirs...I don't speak French) the check-in was smooth.
We stayed with two adults and two teens so the little 2-bedroom setup worked really well for us. The rooms are quite small, but oddly feel like home with a little kitchenette, and desk area.
We walked just about 1 block away to the grocery store and bought some supplies so we could try to eat for a little less money than going out every night, so we were really able to use the refrigerator, microwave, etc., and appreciated the dinnerware and silverware in the room. Also there is a washer & dryer available in the basement area which was really nice as were on about day 7 of the vacation and needed some clean cloths badly. You bring the coins and the soap.
The bathroom was almost too small - now granted I am 6' 4" and 290 lbs, so I am not the average European build by any means, but I literally I had to turn sideways to fit out the bathroom door.
Though we had no issues whatsoever, the neighborhood appears a little shady. Lots of graffiti, and a few abandoned buildings, but then you see many business people, families, etc all walking around so maybe it is I who should not judge a book by it's cover. Inside the hotel grounds feels safe & secure and I had no concerns at all for safety or theft or anything like that.
There may be a better route and hopefully future commentors can help out here, but we used the Laplace train station and just had a short walk (10-15 mins) and it worked out great for us. That same train BTW goes right to Notre Dame without having to change trains :-)
Would I stay here again - yes absolutely!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Roger H
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Some friends and I took a trip to France recently and spent two days in Paris. In looking around, we found Chlorophylle online. It's not a luxurious hotel, but it is a wonderful little oasis that's sort of hidden away. Our taxi driver had a hard time finding it as it doesn't look like a typical hotel. It's on a main street, but has a huge old door to enter the courtyard.

We arrived early before check-in time hoping to just leave our bags and go walk around a bit. Our original reservation was for a room that sleeps four as we were two couples. The gentleman at the reception desk was kind enough to offer us separate rooms that were ready then for the same price as our original room!

The rooms are not large, but are perfect for a few days stay. Beds are very comfortable, and the rooms have small bar fridges and a microwave. There is a laundry room on site, though you need to go to a store for soap.

All-in-all, a pleasant little place that's inexpensive and quite restful. Very good restaurant a short walk down the road called Chez Papa.

Room Tip: The two rooms we ended up with were quite nice, though my room at the far end of the second floor (room 47) had difficulty getting a good wifi signal.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends