“Great staff!”

Amontillado Beach and Dive Resort
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I really loved how the service staff handled us and provided our requests. We were upgraded to a beach front view because it was my birthday/honeymoon! :)
Food was good but a bit pricey. You can't really swim at the beach but the view is very nice.
Will recommend to my diver friends.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience! Great atmosphere. The Dive Masters were very dedicated and make you fill really safe. Great prices for scuba diving and snurkeling, compare to other Dive resort at Dauin. Big thanks to Inn the dive master:)

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roniy12345
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

We saved money for a Diving holiday to the Philipines! Our goal was to take an other resort than the ones we've been before.
So Amontillado it was. Nice pictures on the advisor, with resonabele reviews.

Arriving there , being the only guests. Booked for a deluxe garden room. Beach front was 50€ more per night in the booking so booked for garden. But allowing us in beachroom for only 10€ more per night because of low amount of guests (none)!
Welcoming in the restaurant. No cocktail, and juist a small talk...... Hospitality? During the holiday, it was getting much better....!

Breakfast was oké, but for standaard only. Additional payments for yoghurt, muesli etc. ,!!
Room was nice. Clean and big enough. Bed looked fine, but after a few nights we both had some backproblems because of the matrasses.
Garden was green, less flowering because of dry season and lack of maintenance.
Pool was very nice, big and clean, but also lack of maintenance.

Diners we very good . Being the only guests allowing us to decide what the menu of the day should be.

Diving was perfect. Ian the Dive guide and Sven the boot captain, did there very best to show us all the Nice spots on negros. A pitty the big banga boot was in drydock, so we went only doing close by dives..... But still very nice.

Staff in the resort was very friendly!

But overall price versus quality ?
NeXT time we will surche for an other resort......!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Brenda-Marco
Reviewed May 5, 2015 via mobile

I may say that the price was a bit high for Dauin's standard and breakfast was kind of poor. Its says breakfast included but what you really get as an inclusive was toast,coffee/tea,fruit juice (whatever is available and only one flavour) eggs (sunny side up,hard/soft boil,scrambled) omelette is consider additional with additional price charge same as bacon sausages etc. and the beach is not inviting at all for the fear of slipping on green algae covered stones and get hurt.
Hotel rooms was nice but toilet was a bit naff. For the price you pay you expect facial tissue on a nice box on the dressing table,basic toiletries in the bath room such as shampoo shower foam shower cap and toothbrush with toothpaste,but instead you got a run down toilet with a shower you cant adjust and no soap holder (as I bought our own shampoo and soap etc)...
The next morning a mice was swimming in the swimming pool (hahaha) and did I mention the birds in the cage? They were cute but listening to their nonstop noise was annoying.

But all that hotels shortcomings can be totally ignored when you are with your family its worth everything seeing my family and the kids having fun.
Also stuff are very sweet and friendly and the owner Silky was very attentive to your request and for me that's enough and regardless the amount we enjoyed our stay.
My husband and I travels a lot and we prefer to stay in a nice if not five star hotels or chalet. Its normal we find mistakes everywhere we go and even in restaurant we criticise either food or service. And for me service always makes me comeback over food. Same as Amontillado resort they can improve there food menu )ie; breakfast) and add some toiletries in their rooms but what makes me wanna come back is how relaxing it is in there and how friendly the owner and the staff are.
Im giving the resort a four stars for staff and the villas and the surroundings

Stayed: May 2015
3  Thank Ilovemymartinidirty
silkedevos, Inhaber at Amontillado Beach and Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2015

Thank you for the feedback and we will of course consider your suggestions for improvements in the future. However, please let me comment on some points: you came without reservation as walk-in guests with 12 people and we had to make everything possible to prepare your rooms within very short time although some staff had to report back for work because they were off because it was a holiday. Usually we have toiletteries in all rooms like shampoo, facial tissues etc but I believe because of the rush that was forgotten. Please accept our appologies for that. Your big family was occupying different room types with more people we usually accept per room. So improvisation and flexibility on both sides was an issue. I believe you were referring to in your review to the rooms in the garden ("no soap holder and the toilet"). Just for your information, we have started to renovate our garden rooms few weeks ago and those critic points will no longer be an issue in the future. Regarding breakfast: included in the room rate is "continental breakfast" only. Any additional orders are at cost. Maybe you were not aware of that when you decided to stay at our resort. Poor mouse that drowned in the pool during the night. Hope you were able to rescue it haha. Honestly, we are in the tropics and things like that can happen. Abut the birds - I do agree, they can be a bit noisy sometimes and we are considering to give them to a nature reserve park, although they are so pretty and most of our guests really enjoy them because in their countries they do not encounter such beautiful birds. Thank you for your nice comments at the end of your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay despite the hickups and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2015 via mobile

I needed a place to unwind... I thought based on the pictures & the location of the place, it's a perfect place for me. I wasn't wrong. This place is pure serenity.

The room was perfect for my needs; the staff were wonderful; the owner is very accommodating; the dives are amazing; food is divine; the massage is purely addicting.

I highly recommend this place to families as well. It's such a relaxing place without a doubt.

I will definitely come back again next year!!!

Stayed: April 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Ifel_tower
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
0.4 km away
Acqua Dive
#1 of 3 in Zamboanguita
1.5 km away
Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete

Been to Amontillado Beach and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!