All reviews the penthouse arrival at the airport dinner table infinity pool apo island relaxing vacation dive master muck diving per day small resort world class camera room dumaguete city beach front other resorts day trip great diving
Reviewed 2 April 2018

hi! we were so overwhelmed with the relaxing place,great food and most especially the staff they are all so accommodating…Salaya Resort is a highly recommended resort for you to enjoy. The resort is not so far away from the city and they have free use of bikes for their guests to go around and other water activity that you can enjoy. The swimming pool is big and they have a great deal for happy hours every afternoon 'til early evening. We are impressed and so satisfied with the service and the place itself and super clean, Penthouse is so nice were you can enjoy the sea view. can't wait to be back soon.Thank you. More power.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Carol_Dauin, General Manager at Salaya Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Wow! Thank you from all of our team for taking the time to review your stay with Salaya Beach Houses.

Yes, all our rooms are right by the beach with ocean views, and some of the Penthouse loft bedrooms have a view of the ocean right from the bed.

Our water sports include snorkelling (some great sights to see right in front of the resort on our house reef), discover scuba diving, fun diving for experienced divers, a big range of dive courses including technical dive training, and stand up paddle boarding. We hope you tried some of these whilst you were here, and look forward to seeing. you back soon. Best wishes, Carol, Marc and all the team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We just returned from a spectacular 3 night stay at Salaya. It was simply perfect from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. We were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary and I had arranged a number of surprises for my husband and the Salaya team was so accommodating with every single one of my requests. We have traveled a fair bit and indulged in some lovely holidays but the personalized service we received from the Salaya team have really made an incredible impression on us and we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you Anne! It was a pleasure for us to help make your special occasion a memorable one for all the right reasons. Being a boutique resort, personalised service is super-important to us, and I'm delighted to hear that this is exactly what you received.

We hope to see you both back here soon. Best wishes, Carol, Marc and all the team at Salaya Beach Houses.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Me and my 8 year old son have been staying in Dumaguete nearly a month now, from which a week at Salaya Beach Houses and we’ve enjoyed every second of it! It was actually very hard to leave and my son Kingston and I can’t wait to come back and see everyone again. Salaya Beach Houses is by far the most welcoming resort I’ve ever seen and I’ve been in many other places around the world. The managers Carol and Marc were very sweet and caring, so was everyone else at the resort. The morning yoga lessons from Laura, sup yoga, the rooms, the diving, the food and so much more. Everywhere I looked, I could just see all these small details that matter. I don’t want to give up all of them but for example the soap in the rooms is amazing, there are no plastic bottles to be found, very environment friendly, which is a huge plus for me. There is a camera room for underwater photographers. Vegan dishes, like the quinoa burger and let’s not forget the pink gin cocktail, both definitely my favorite. Great energy and good vibes. Love! Dumaguete is really a magical place and if you are planning to come and see it for yourself, this is the place to be! I we will be back in April, can’t wait! <3

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Carol_Dauin, General Manager at Salaya Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review - we particularly like that you appreciate our efforts to be environmentally responsible - plastic water bottles are able to be avoided due to the fact that we have our own water filtration plant at the resort which provides great quality drinking water throughout the property, and of course there's flavoured detox water available all day from the bar and restaurant.

Now onto one of our favourite topics - GIN! I remember you had the Pink Cranberry Gin Cocktail - we now have an extensive gin collection, comprising some of the best gin's from around the world. Next time you are nearby, pop in and try the Mombassa Strawberry Gin Cocktail. We look forward to seeing you here again soon - until then, safe travels and best wishes from all at Salaya!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stayed at Salaya Beach houses for 3 nights after a medical mission trip. We booked the penthouse suite and it was absolutely lovely. The accommodations were very well appointed, the food was delicious, the location was beautiful but most of all the staff and customer service was OUTSTANDING!! I can't say enough about how wonderful the people were there. I would highly recommend this resort and hopefully we will be back. Thank you Salaya Beach Houses!!

Room Tip: Penthouse suite was fantastic!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends

Hi Monica, thank you so much for the lovely review and compliments on our service - your compliment has been passed onto our staff, who love to receive this feedback from guests. We would love to welcome you back here anytime, and hope it's not too far away. Best wishes, Carol, Marc and all the crew at Salaya Beach Houses.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I stayed here for a week to scuba dive with a group of friends. Absolutely everything was top of the line. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is delicious, with a great variety and lovely presentation. The portions are so generous that I had to ask for a half order after the first couple of meals. The accommodations are very clean and nice, with views of the ocean and the beautifully kept grounds. I would highly recommend this resort, and hope to go there again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carol_Dauin, General Manager at Salaya Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Lorna, we really appreciate your lovely feedback - thank you!

Yes, some of our meals can be a little on the generous size - great for hungry divers with big appetites, but we're also happy to adjust for petite eaters.

So glad that you enjoyed everything, and we too hope to welcome you back to Salaya again when the time is right - we hope that's soon! Best wishes to all your group, Carol, Marc and all the team at Salaya.