Lowest prices for your stay
$59
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Hotels.com$59
Travelocity$59
Priceline
All reviews apo island other guests coral reef dive boat dumaguete airport the resort manager zoe tim coast dives gear sand
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2021 via mobile

I was on a solo day tour and decided to spend my day here. The beach was closed for swimming (town ordinance), so I was looking for a saltwater pool. Good thing they have one, because I’m not fond of traditional chlorinated tank. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The service is good. The place was clean. The food is something that needs to be improved.

I had a breakfast burrito, which was bland. I love the fact that there were a lot of spices on it, but still, the taste can use upgrading. For lunch, I ordered Lechon Kawali, which was a disappointment. The taste was good, however, the serving size was horrible. Imagine a plate with rice, and a few pieces of chopped lechon kawali on the side. Yes, literally few, I even imagined they used scraps from the other guests and the kitchen peeps kept the actual meat for themselves. — just my imagination. Sorry I wasn’t able to take a pic, but really, it looks like a scrap a from the kid next table and was arranged horribly beside the rice and served to me. My small dog has bigger meat servings back home.

I’m not the type of customer who calls for managers because I believe it’s their job to make sure everything is good. So, here goes.

I had a good experience except for food. I have to order Liempo when I got back home to quell my “porkstration”.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2020 via mobile

The place was great and ambiance was amazing. We were able to relax and have some fun. Although the service in food is for improvement especially the time to serve it, it was still a nice experience. Staff was friendly and approachable. Rooms were nice and the pool was also great and well maintained.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2020

We were scheduled to stay at Liquid Dumaguete 03/14 through 03/21. We arrived on the 14th to be greeted promptly at the airport by our van driver. When we arrived at the resort, the check in was quick and a welcome drink was there for us. The rooms are very well laid out and very clean. The staff was amazing and paid attention to every detail. Tom (the manager) kept us up to date with closures and issued that we may experience due to COVID-19. He met us several times each day to provide updates on airport closings and transportation issues. Tom was working with other resort owners to stay abreast of travel situations. On Tuesday, Tom informed us that the local resorts in cooperation with the Philippine Department of Tourism had arranged for us to go to Cebu via a Coast Guard ship and then eventually travel from Cebu to Manila to transfer home before all airports were closed. Tom was amazing in coordination to make sure all his guests made it to Cebu and eventually Manila. We cannot thank him enough. This resort is amazing. The landscaping and groundskeeping are top notch. Everything is so clean and well kept. The food was absolutely delicious. We went diving with them for two days and the dive crew were knowledgeable and attentive. We were scheduled to stay seven nights at Liquid Dumaguete, but were limited to only three nights due to the virus impact. There is no doubt we will return and will be brining more friends with us. Our stay there was one of the best experiences we have ever had, even though it was cut short. Thanks Tom and the Liquid Dumaguete Crew!. See you soon!

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed March 6, 2020 via mobile

Great wifi, clean sheets
However rooms were overpriced, dirty bathroom, someones black hairs in the sink, brown metal smelling water. Bathroom stank badly, toilet didn’t flush at all.
Staff seemed friendly, however some of them didn’t speak english and gave us wrong information in regards the restaurant opening hours and we 9 people left without dinner. My friend also got dead bird fell in her sink, which scared her like crazy!
Tom - person who runs the places wasn’t keen to fix anything, seemed arrogant and didn’t care at all.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 330indrea
Tom Ashford, General Manager at Liquid Dumaguete, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2020

Upon check-out, your group of 9 guests threatened a bad review unless a discount was given. This was refused and thus you have written your review. This has been reported to booking.com and you have been blacklisted there.

Reviewed February 26, 2020

The quality of Customer Service was good and exceeded my expectations. Thanks for your support upfront. Hope come coming November and enjoy Dumaguete and some nice dive-sites around there. All the best for this season.

Date of stay: February 2020