All reviews dive resort muck diving apo island new friends open water other guests dive shop beach front great diving hot water sea view small boat instructor development boat crew ceiling fan laundry service fun dives
Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

We travelled as a family of 4. I did my PADI Open Water and my wife and kids enjoyed the pool and resort facilities. They also joined me for snorkeling while I was diving. My kids enjoyed seeing sea titles in a natural and thriving marine environment.

The staff were very professional and made sure I observed the important training during the PADI course. The dive sites were amazing so I'm glad I picked here to do my course.

Unfortunately the rooms were full when we booked so had to stay in a nearby resort. The rooms do look very nice though.

We ate often at liquid as the food was very good. A selection of international and local dishes, good sized portions (for a European) and very good quality.

We are already planning our next trip to dumaguete and will stay in liquid.
Thanks for the hospitality.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank davidgruar
TomAshfordLiquidDuma, Manager at Liquid Dumaguete, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi David,,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Liquid soon!

Tom and all at Liquid

Reviewed 14 February 2019

I stayed late last year for five nights at Liquid and really didn't want to leave!! The rooms are spacious, clean and facing the sea which is so beautiful at sunrise. I did quite a number of dives and was impressed by the skill of the local dive guides and the friendliness of the boat crew. My guides were amazing at spotting the rare critters that I came hoping to see!

My favourite thing about Liquid though was the overall vibe created by the staff and the excellent and genuinely friendly service they provide.

This was the highlight of my trip to the Philippines and I definitely recommend a stay here if you can!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you for you review, it's great for all the staff here to read comment such as yours and I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team. We hope to welcome you back to Liquid soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

Honeslty, I found most resorts in PH extremely overprices, Liquid beinf no exeption BUT at least here u feel better about paying way to much for a vert basic room.

The resort is UR BEST OPTION on Dumagueta. Look  no further. Extremely neat, clean & well manicured. Rooms are big & comfy but basic for the price.
Reception staff werw amazing. Food not to bad, great vibe by the pool & BAR. Lovely pools. Most staff were extremely friendly but on in particular named Joy Joy was far from a Joy. She was unattentive, rude & seemed unhappy when she had to tAke our order.

We booles a day trip to Apo, and as the only snorklers we felt, unimportant. It was expensive I i was extremely underwhellmed by Apo sea life. We saw amazing coral, very little fish & a good few turtles thanx to our hardworking guide - who made sure we saw turtles, think his name is Abo?

All in all a pleasant stay, and if ever I came back to Dumagueta,, which I wont, i will stay here again

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LiquidDumaguete, Manager at Liquid Dumaguete, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you were happy with most elements of your stay here.

All of our staff undergo frequent training to ensure that the service we provide is of the highest standard, we will take on board your comments and this will inform the focus of our next training sessions.

If you do in fact ever decide to return to the Dumaguete area then we look forward to welcoming you once more.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 29 December 2018

We came here to do one refresher dive and a bunch of dives at Apo Island. The dive team made us feel super safe and looked after, the equipment was great and the dive sites were incredible. Honestly never dived at a place like Apo Island!
From a resort point of view, we loved it! Stayed for 3 nights and loved our room, the gardens and the fact that we were out of the city. All in all a great place to relax & dive! Thank you Tim, Zoe, Jim & Michelle for having us and putting up with the bagpipes!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi Ross,

It was our pleasure to have you here and we're all very happy that you had such a great time.

We hope to see you again next time you're in this part of the world, and please do bring the bagpipes - breakfast time hasn't been the same since!

Best wishes from all of us at Liquid.

Reviewed 24 December 2018

I came to know of Liquid whilst doing research into dive centres that offer TDI certifications in the Philippines. I contacted the resort a few months before arrival, enquiring about the TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures courses offered and Jim, the resort manager took the time to reply promptly and fully with answers to all of my questions. This might not sound like much but things like this matter a whole lot when thinking about making a move into tech diving as you need to understand what you’re getting yourself into. Not many dive centres I’ve contacted in the past have bothered to send much beyond a half assed reply so this was a big thumbs up immediately.

Jim was also my instructor for the courses (this wasn’t a surprise – I’d looked him up beforehand) and I couldn't have been happier with him. Throughout the course, he was extremely approachable, knowledgeable and patient throughout my time there and he never hesitated to go above and beyond expectations. You leave with a clear impression that he is passionate about what he teaches and is keen to stay on top of the latest best practice and changes in the tech diving industry. This means that whilst he makes his feelings clear about not jumping on bandwagons, he will still adopt change where it makes sense to from the point of view of safety and practicality – an attitude that he encourages his students to take with them once they part ways with him at the end of the course.

Jim always advocates the principle of Knowledgeable Thinking Diver throughout the course and you can see that this isn’t just a mindless mantra he says to tick a TDI box somewhere. He is passionate about making better divers and the concept of Knowledgeable Thinking Diver is key to that.

So Jim aside, my experience of the rest of the staff at the resort was that they are attentive, helpful, kind and welcoming.

For example, I brought a full set of my own recreational diving gear with me. After my first dive with doubles and a AL80 deco cylinder however, I quickly realised that my fins were far too positively buoyant for the extra weight of gear. Jim kindly spoke to Tom, another Liquid member of staff and he immediately offered to lend me his personal set of jet fins for the rest of the course. Without this kind offer, I would have had to likely go and buy a new set of fins at the local dive shop (which is very expensive!).

The rest of the resort is kept at a very high standard at all times and is quite frankly beautiful. So much so that after six days at Mikes Dauin Resort (a good place to stay in and of itself!), I decided to move to Liquid. A look through some of the pictures that others have taken of the sea view from the rooms at Liquid should explain why!

The accommodation is quiet, clean and idyllic. Going to sleep and waking up to the sound of nothing but the waves made for great starts and ends to each day and the compressor room is on the complete opposite side of the resort so there’s absolutely no noise from there either.

I could go on but it’d ultimately it’d just be more of the same – me just going on about how great my experience was. I’ll sign off by saying thanks to Jim, Michelle and Tom; I’ll be sure to return next year to get a few more tech fun dives under my belt!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Alex A

Hi Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review!

It was our pleasure to have you here as a guest and we are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay.

Do get in touch directly to arrange your next trip. And do get your own jet fins beforehand ;p

Best Wishes,