Lowest prices for your stay
$108
$83
Agoda.com
$81
Free cancellation until 08/20/22
Hotels.com$108
Trip.com$97
Travelocity$108
All reviews sea explorers breakfast was included resort dive boat
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2022 via mobile

Nice gardens, good location, friendly staff. Too much penny pinching and poor decisions by management. Our breakfast was included in the rate but coffee was powdered only. if you want normal coffee you have to pay extra. We were stopped at reception because we had a bottle of Diet Coke on our return. Outside food and drink not allowed on the property. (I am diabetic.) There was no complimentary water in the room (apart from an unsavoury looking plastic jug). Also there was ZERO housekeeping during our 5 day, 4 night stay. Our beachfront villa wasn’t reached by hotel Wi-Fi (though the gave the password for the room Wi-Fi anyway). The safety deposit box / vault didn’t work. Any efforts to have the hotel resolve these issues came to nothing. During this trip we stayed at four other hotels/resorts in the same price range but Pura Vida was massively over priced and was a poor offering.

Room tip: The price may suggest that the resort is of a higher standard than it actually is.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Niall O
Reviewed March 20, 2022

I went with my wife and another couple for dinner on Saturday night. The food and entertainment was excellent. I'd suggest going as it was on the beach and very relaxing! We had Hawiian pizza and my friends had steak and chicken. All our meals were good. We enjoyed some cocktails and listened to the two member music makers! They were excellent!

Room tip: Close your eyes and chose, they are all good. There is also a nice gym if U R so inclined!!!!!
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed August 26, 2021 via mobile

Pura Vida is a good weekender place for sure. They expanded and made the main resort exclusive for stay-in guests and walk-ins or day goers can stay in the newer side where the restaurant and dive bar is way bigger than the old one and also has a huge pool.
Stay-in guests get to enjoy the privacy of the resort, which is great! The food is good, menu hasn't changed for quite sometime , but no issues about it, its still good staff are friendly and attentive... downside is, staff are sometimes nowhere to be found and no way of calling them, reception area is quite far from the beach side restaurant, so no choice but to wait.. all in all Pura Vida is a great place always for weekender getaways.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2021

I booked a family room for three ppl from their official website and made fully payment one month before our arrival, and when we arrived, the reception staff brought us to a deluxe standard room which was originally for two passengers with an extra bed in it.
I was so surprised since the photo in their website shows family room does not look like this. So I asked reception what happened, all staff in reception has no idea. They call the office to find out, I have to wait in the lobby for around 10min for the staff from office come to explain to me.
It turns out that about 3days before my departure that office--sea explorers- send me an email says unfortunately due to a double booking so I don’t get the family room and all family room are booked and I only got a deluxe standard room.
Somehow this email is in my junk box so that I didn’t receive it.
So this was it, after 27days I made my fully payment , 3 days before my departuer they send me an email say oh sorry we don’t have that room any more~

Well I guess that everyone can make mistake , so I accepted the apology of the staff and just took that room. After whole night flight we were all exhausted. At least the view of resort still looks nice.
But after 5 night, I have to say that it is really small, uncomfortable and inappropriate for three adults to live in. No mention the AC sometimes was not working and toilet water tank was leaking from the second day.

Then comes to the story of our fun diving.
When I book the accommodation, I also booked 1 pax OWD course for my friend, and fun dives for me and my husband. I had already told the sea explorers staff that our diving level are professional and with 900+ dives.
The OWD course was good, professional instructor and very happy learning experience.
However, when it comes to fun dive. I don’t know was it because that day the dive center was too busy or what. After signed up, I was waiting in front of the dive center for around 1 hour to meet my dive master.
I could see all local dive guides were running back and forth just coming back from last dive and change gears etc.
But till my diving boat was about to leave, our dive guide didn’t find out that he was missing two of his clients. Because that no one told me who should be my dive guide and when we should go to boat during that one hour!
I used to work in a dive center in Indonesia for one year, in peak season, my dive center can have max 70 divers in a single dive schedule. This dive center can take about max 35 guests in total and I don’t understand how they run their dive business like this . Organization of hotel and dive center is total a mess, and definitely does not match the price.
In the end , I still have to pay that extra bed fee in my room which was originally due to their fault.
I will never recommend this resort to anyone and more people can know this resort better.

At last I was arrive in 2019 Oct, not May 2020 since Trip advisor only gave me this option in the list.

Date of stay: May 2020
4  Thank 604suey
Reviewed February 15, 2021

We recently stayed here and to begin with this is a very nice resort, however...this is an upscale place and you would expect upon arrival someone would help you with your luggage...didn’t happen. Upon check-in we were supposed to receive a welcome drink...we had to ask for it and received a local instant iced tea that was so sweet it was undrinkable. The room was splendid! It was absolutely beautiful and everything was perfect. I told my wife that when we build our house I would like to have our master bedroom be just like this. The mattress was so comfortable I slept better than I have in ages. The only thing that was wrong with the room was the wi-fi didn’t work at all. I went to the front desk and was told that if I wanted to use wi-fi I had to sit in the lobby or the bar. I’ve stayed in a lot cheaper places that had great wi-fi. The food in the restaurant was ok but a little overpriced in my opinion. We have traveled a lot and never have I been to a resort that wouldn’t allow you to eat in the room. Upon checkout they tried to charge us for food they said was our dinner..we didn’t eat there for dinner. Then they tried to charge us for lunch that we had already paid for. They made us feel like they thought we were thieves. I feel that a resort of this caliber (which is not cheap compared to other resorts in the area) would be better at the basics. We talked to other guests that had similar issues and different ones as well. As the title says I’m really disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2021