All reviews apo island tree house soup kitchen kids club the penthouse infinity pool yoga classes the resident marine biologist outdoor shower whale sharks healthy menu private dinner daily specials non divers dive centre muck diving beautiful resort
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This is our 4th time staying at Atmosphere and each time we've had a wonderful experience. The customer service, restaurant and premises are all excellent. We stay in the penthouse and the bathrooms were a little worn but heard the they will be renovated soon so I can't wait to see what they will look like. The family room bathrooms are amazing so I'm hoping it's similar decor. The yoga studio is the best I've been-in a tree overlooking the beach! Our favorite spot is the huge balcony overlooking the premises. And this year was the first time we used the outdoor gym or shall I say adult playground! Every time we eat, and the food is always good, I always think to myself that I really am in paradise!

Room tip: Penthouse is basically a two bedroom condo with kitchen and huge balcony, family room has amazing outdoor bathroom
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2018

My wife and I stayed at the atmosphere resort and spa in April 2018. Everyone was very welcoming and the resort is definitely environmentally friendly.

We completed our advanced open water PADI which included a night dive with Daniel (marine biologist). He was brilliant, and clearly very passionate about teaching in a friendly environment. He used his expertise to show us lots of little critters, including his much-loved frogfishes. He was brilliant at making us feel at ease which has inspired us to continue our diving adventures.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We were picked up at the Dumaguete air[ort by the staff of Atmosphere Resort, driven to this amazing resort and did not want for a this from the moment we entered the property. The staff from the porters through to the management were just great, nothing was a problem. The dive crew are second to none, the centre staff great, the boat crew and dive guides are 10/10.
The restaurant is awesome, food to die for and there was never a problem anytime anyware.
Such a great time was had we have booked again for September 2019. Thanks everybody.

Room tip: Just get ready to relax.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful resort . The accommodation is superb with the rooms being larger than most you will ever have stayed in . The rooms are spotlessly clean and housekeeping attends to them daily . The evening turndown service is accompanied by homemade pastries which is a nice personal touch .
The scuba diving guides are excellent and knowledgeable and find the most amazing critters and always ensure your dive experience is fantastic.
All staff at the resort are attentive and go out of their way to assist you . I unfortunately was ill when there and they organised a medical appointment for me and transported me there and back and escorted me in case of any language problems .
The proximity of the resort to Apo Island is a bonus for divers .
A beautiful place to hang out after great diving

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere provides an ideal location to escape to a beautifully cared for, environmentally conscious, friendly and quite space. The staff demonstrate a personal service by knowing your name, your story and taking the time to bespoke your stay. We found our favourites foods and drinks were remembered, always addressed by name and overall experience and customer service is exemplary.

The dining experience is exceptional (specifically the signature dishes) and reasonably priced. Wide choice for all day and dinner albeit breakfast is not your typical resort buffet but more a simple experience offering the regular Western, Asian and selection of danishes.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and lots of nice little touches you’ll discover. Walking around the grounds is more than a pleasant stroll and everything is nicely situated.

Diving is good/great (not exceptional in comparisons) but the staff are accomodating and friendly. Lots of EANx divers visit here and they blend oxygen onsite. I didn’t get to Apo Island and feel I missed this highlight as the local reefs are all very similar off shore from the mainland.

The SPA is as good (in fact better) than most 5 star offerings around the world. I won’t give any spoilers here other than, 5 very different and outstanding treatments were had by myself and wife. The WATSU and Signature experience is highly recommended. Don’t miss an opportunity to spend some time with their experienced staff.

Overall, good value for money and a great hidden secret tucked away from Dumaguete City.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple