All reviews tree house apo island soup kitchen the penthouse kids club yoga classes infinity pool the resident marine biologist whale sharks dive centre daily specials non divers beautiful resort management team muck diving hot towels dive resort
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We had an absolutely amazing time at Atmosphere. Besides being beautiful, we love the fact that they are environmentally friendly and thoughtful of everything around the resort. They can accommodate any request big or small and always do so with a smile. We mostly enjoyed their world class dive center and spa while we were there but they have a myriad of other activities that looked pretty exciting as well! The food was amazing and the staff was incredibly attentive. I can't say enough about this resort. Perfect for honeymooners, groups, and families as well!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Megan L
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi Megan
Thanks for sharing your positive vibes of your time with Atmosphere. We pride ourselves on making our guests happy and going above and beyond for the environment as well. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and the diving and hope you choose to join us on some of our other exciting excursions in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Stayed at the resort for 2 days. Resort was very peaceful. The room we had was excellent. Infinity pool was very nice. Service from staff was great, they knew us by name and were very helpful and accommodating.
Only have one restaurant right now but cannot say anything bad about the food, what we had tasted great. They are building another restaurant that will add to the choices of meals.
Highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks so much for choosing to stay in our peaceful paradise. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed the food, the rooms and our pool and hope you come back and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful resort. Spacious accommodation, friendly staff, excellent food. All of the food choices we made were absolutely delicious but would particularly recommend the big eye tuna. Drinks and cocktails were good - staff remembered what we liked. Great service!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank achidz
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi achidz
Thanks for visiting us here in Atmosphere and for your recommendation of the tuna steak and cocktails. We hope you choose to come back and visit in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I would highly recommend this resort for people without children or for families. I travelled with wife and 2.5yr old.
The positives:
+The resort is very picturesque and there is beautiful grass for children to run and explore.
+The food is fantastic. Every single dish we tasted was excellent.
+We stay in a Garden Room and it was very clean, spacious and well furnished. The patio's are excellent.
+ the staff are ALL very helpful and friendly
The negatives
- The Kids Cove was very disappointing. The website has a picture of this preschool type room bright colours and lots of resources. The reality is a very bland white room which had basic white patio furniture. The kids resources were tucked in the back and only brought out upon request. I suggest the hotel matches the picture on the website.
- There is a very small beach, which is not necessarily dirty but not a place you would want a child to sit with a bucket/spade.

All in all am excellent resort and I would go back.

Mr Mark Smith

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mark,
Thank you for your kind review of Atmosphere. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, the gardens and the rooms as well as the attentive staff. We are sorry to hear that your Kid’s Cove experience was disappointing. At the moment, the Kids Cove share its facilities with the dive classroom, which means that all the resources are put away when it is not being used for children. We still have the same activities ongoing but it just doesn’t look as inviting. We hope to solve this soon and that your experience will be different on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I just started a youtube travel vlog and figured where else to first film than Atmosphere?

This is definitely a hidden gem in the province. A lot has been asking me about Atmosphere after I posted the video online.

Had an amazing stay. Wish we could have stayed longer. Upon arrival. We were greeted by the hotel Manager. Something i would expect from a high end resort. The service was very personal knowing that I am a returning guest. With my last review a few years back, i told myself to try The Sanctuary. And i did! It was awesome! It was on the pricey side but I tell you everything was so worth it!

They always go above and beyond with their service.

Rooms for improvement:
Little details that matter. Upon booking i indirectly informed the staff that one of my friend is getting married. I was hoping for a little extra something in the room when we arrived like a simple note perhaps. Just like other 5 star resorts I’ve stayed with.

But it wasn’t a big deal. Over all our stay was superb! I will always recommend this resort to my friends.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Cyril Dave
Thanks so much for choosing Atmosphere again and for posting your vlog about your stay. We’re pleased to hear you were able to spend some time in our award winning spa this time to help you recover from the wedding. We very much hope you choose us again when you return to Dumaguete, we’re looking forward to it.