All reviews tree house apo island kids club the penthouse yoga classes infinity pool the resident marine biologist healthy menu whale sharks daily specials dive centre non divers beautiful resort muck diving hot towels management team dive resort
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Stayed at the resort for 2 days. Resort was very peaceful. The room we had was excellent. Infinity pool was very nice. Service from staff was great, they knew us by name and were very helpful and accommodating.
Only have one restaurant right now but cannot say anything bad about the food, what we had tasted great. They are building another restaurant that will add to the choices of meals.
Highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thanks so much for choosing to stay in our peaceful paradise. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed the food, the rooms and our pool and hope you come back and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful resort. Spacious accommodation, friendly staff, excellent food. All of the food choices we made were absolutely delicious but would particularly recommend the big eye tuna. Drinks and cocktails were good - staff remembered what we liked. Great service!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank achidz
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi achidz
Thanks for visiting us here in Atmosphere and for your recommendation of the tuna steak and cocktails. We hope you choose to come back and visit in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I would highly recommend this resort for people without children or for families. I travelled with wife and 2.5yr old.
The positives:
+The resort is very picturesque and there is beautiful grass for children to run and explore.
+The food is fantastic. Every single dish we tasted was excellent.
+We stay in a Garden Room and it was very clean, spacious and well furnished. The patio's are excellent.
+ the staff are ALL very helpful and friendly
The negatives
- The Kids Cove was very disappointing. The website has a picture of this preschool type room bright colours and lots of resources. The reality is a very bland white room which had basic white patio furniture. The kids resources were tucked in the back and only brought out upon request. I suggest the hotel matches the picture on the website.
- There is a very small beach, which is not necessarily dirty but not a place you would want a child to sit with a bucket/spade.

All in all am excellent resort and I would go back.

Mr Mark Smith

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mark,
Thank you for your kind review of Atmosphere. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, the gardens and the rooms as well as the attentive staff. We are sorry to hear that your Kid’s Cove experience was disappointing. At the moment, the Kids Cove share its facilities with the dive classroom, which means that all the resources are put away when it is not being used for children. We still have the same activities ongoing but it just doesn’t look as inviting. We hope to solve this soon and that your experience will be different on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I just started a youtube travel vlog and figured where else to first film than Atmosphere?

This is definitely a hidden gem in the province. A lot has been asking me about Atmosphere after I posted the video online.

Had an amazing stay. Wish we could have stayed longer. Upon arrival. We were greeted by the hotel Manager. Something i would expect from a high end resort. The service was very personal knowing that I am a returning guest. With my last review a few years back, i told myself to try The Sanctuary. And i did! It was awesome! It was on the pricey side but I tell you everything was so worth it!

They always go above and beyond with their service.

Rooms for improvement:
Little details that matter. Upon booking i indirectly informed the staff that one of my friend is getting married. I was hoping for a little extra something in the room when we arrived like a simple note perhaps. Just like other 5 star resorts I’ve stayed with.

But it wasn’t a big deal. Over all our stay was superb! I will always recommend this resort to my friends.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Cyril Dave
Thanks so much for choosing Atmosphere again and for posting your vlog about your stay. We’re pleased to hear you were able to spend some time in our award winning spa this time to help you recover from the wedding. We very much hope you choose us again when you return to Dumaguete, we’re looking forward to it.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I was looking for a very special holiday destination for my daughter and I and I did think perhaps my combination of requirements would make it difficult to find something quite so perfect but then I read Atmosphere's website and it ticked every box for me. And it delivered to my expectations from the moment we arrived. It combined relaxation (serene, beautiful gardens and beach settings, ocean views from the pools and the restaurant and bar and cafe areas, lazy pool-side book reading opportunities, opulent massages, attentive, friendly very professional staff); plus healthy pursuits (yoga, healthy meal options); plus adventure (great diving, snorkelling, side trips); plus also the option to access social evening events (meals and cocktails and child-minding services); with kid friendly pursuits my 8 year old could do with me or on her own (trips, snorkelling, arts and craft activities, even learning to dive, PADI Seals course, so professionally run). We had a ball and are definitely going back! A special note on the diving. The dive support team are amazing and love what they do. The much diving on the house reef blew my mind away, so many tiny amazing creatures to discover and the dive guides know where to find them all, amazing and so wonderful to see healthy corals at Apo Island, turtles and sea snakes. So much to see and do above and below the water.

Date of stay: April 2018

Hi LJP
Thanks so much for visiting us here with your daughter, it’s fantastic to hear that we able to deliver on every aspect of your requirements which is really our aim to make a holiday perfect for everyone. We’re so pleased to hear you made the most of the relaxation, adventure and social evening events while spending quality time with your daughter. We will pass on your comments to the dive team who truly love to show our guests the magic on our house reef. We’re very much looking forward to your return, perhaps you might like to try our trip to the Sandbar to see the dolphins and help you relax further.