US$100
US$56
US$40
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Dumaguete Springs Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/21
Book now, pay at stay
US$50
US$79
US$56
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Liquid Dumaguete(Dauin)(Great Value!)
US$47
El Dorado Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
US$52
Amontillado Beach and Dive Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
US$49
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
US$130
US$112
All reviewstree houseapo islandsoup kitchenkids clubinfinity poolthe penthouseyoga classesthe resident marine biologistoutdoor showerwhale sharkshealthy menuprivate dinnerdaily specialsrelaxing holidaynon diversmuck divingdive centre
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I have dived with Atmosphere 3 times now as this resort holds many attractions for me. Amongst them the diving, the dive team, the spa and the grounds really standout for me.

Before I came to Atmosphere, muck diving was something I enjoyed but not necessarily passionate about. But there was no going back after the dive team got their hands on me and showed me a completely different world full of wonderful little critters that hooked me. Moreover, I was thoroughly impressed by the professionalism, dedication and passion that the DM's showed to me and the other guests. I have probably dived with most of the DM's and probably every site that Atmosphere has to offer and each one went without a hitch which is testament to the stewardship of Marco Leo and his management of what is probably one of the best dive teams I have had the pleasure of diving with.

The spa is also a place I must mention as I loved it here and I had treatments at every visit. I am a regular spa user and was pleasantly surprised to see Atmosphere offer a wide range of treatments that I wish I had more time to explore. They even do threading here which I was very impressed to see. I only had massages so far which were simply divine and if they were anything to go by I am sure the other treatments would be wonderful too. The treatments are all held in individual sala's with billowing white curtains and comfortable, clean treatment beds, private outdoor showers and amenities. I will be back for sure and will seek the spa manager, Rea's, advice on what treatments I should try in my next visit.

I think if you stay in a resort of over a week, you need variety when it comes to food. Atmosphere's breakfast, lunch and dinner all offer extensive choices in a lovely setting overlooking the sea and the food was so delicious that I had to work off the extra pounds when I got home! The menus offered not just the regular items, but also local cuisine and healthy options. I assure you the healthy choices were delicious and in generous portions. The added bonus is that you can also eat at the cosy bar where I spent most of my time! Perhaps the only criticism I have is that the staff should market the Thursday cocktail evening more actively as it is wonderful chance to meet management and speak to them about how to maximise you stay at Atmosphere. Saying that, the service at the restaurant and bar were always friendly and efficient.

To complete my review, I just want to say that the accommodation and grounds are lovely. The rooms are all well spaced apart to ensure privacy. I stayed in both the normal deluxe room and the 1 bedroom apartment and I think they are well appointed, clean, spacious and very comfortable.

Thank you Atmosphere and to your amazing staff for making my holidays memorable.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thanks so much Gizzy for your extensive and brilliant review of Atmosphere! We’re delighted that you chose to spend your holiday with us and even more so that you enjoyed it so much. We will pass on your praise to our dive team, F&B team and the management – in particular our dive center manager marc oleo - and will take your comment about making the Thursday night cocktails more well-known on board. We look forward to seeing you here again for more diving and time in the spa!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

the resort itself is quite nice, but is an several times more expensive than surrounding locations. furthermore even after you pay the expensive room rate, everything else they offer including day trips to Apo island, dinner, etc.. is also several fold more expensive. For that time of $$, I was expecting a bit more - we still had bugs in the room (from mosquitos to a huge 3in spider) and wifi outages. Also, the location is pretty remote from walking anywhere...

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Roman A S

Dear Roman,
Thank you for your review. As a luxury resort, our rates will always be higher than resorts that are mid-range in terms of quality and service. We are sorry to hear that you felt your experience with us was expensive. We pride ourselves on making our resort as comfortable as possible with attentive service, high quality surroundings and we always try to go above and beyond for our guests to give them the best holiday. Our location is relatively remote and we see this as a positive, making it a nice getaway from the buzz of daily life but this does mean that we live among the tropical bugs and there will be times when they can get into rooms without us noticing. We hope that other than this your stay was enjoyable and you would consider joining us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We stayed four nights in a family room with 3 young children. The hotel is in a beautiful garden on the sea with 2 swimming pools. The set-up makes the hotel ground very quiet and intimate. The beach is dark sand with some rocks (common in this area) so you tend to stay more near the pools. A lots to do with a great snorkelling sanctuary at a short swiming distance from the resort, diving or snorkelling in Apo island (30 min boat away) and many other diving options. Large dive centre in the resort. The spa is very beautiful and staff skillfull. The manager and staff are very helpful which makes life very convenient for parents with young kids (baby sitting services, activities for kids in the afternoon, snorkelling gear for young children is available). Pick-up and drop-off from the airport is well organised and was provided for free. The food is probably not the highlight of the trip. The buffet breakfast is a bit average, the rest of the meals are quite decent but lack a bit of sophistication and originality. Pretty extensive wine list, reasonably priced for the region. The bottles are well stored in a quality cellar and served at the right temperature. Overall, we strongly recommend this place and had a fantastic stay!

Stayed: May 2017

Dear fredetbrune,
Thank you for your review of our slither of paradise! We loved to hear the kids were looked after well and enjoyed the extensive activities. We're pleased that you were able to spend time in the spa and the pools and we will pass on your kind comments to the team. We pride ourselves on our extensive menu in our restaurant to cater to people from all walks of life and different ages so we're sorry to hear that it wasn’t your favorite, however we appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you availed of our wine cellar! We hope you choose to come back and see us in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Everything is perfect. The food (diverse menu), the poolside drinks (wicked Strawberry Smoothie), the kids pool (nicer than the adults pool!), stunning sea view (overlooking Apo Island), friendly & professional staff at all outlets & reception, stunning gardens & flowers, great tours & guides, relaxing spa treatments. It's truly a stand-out hotel for Negros and better than anything in Cebu. Pulchra comes close but is over priced & a little stuffy. Atmosphere has it just right. And the kids love it too.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family

Dear Julia,
Thank you for the outstanding review of our place here at Atmosphere. We love that you enjoyed the food and drinks, the pool, the view, gardens, our tours, the guides and our spa. We really do pride ourselves on being able to make every single guest happy and it's a joy to hear when we have succeeded! We look forward to a future trip.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Most resorts in a Dumaguete is a dive resort since all they have is a volcanic beach (gray sand). Atmosphere seems to be the most expensive one here but I don't think the price is justifiable.

(+) Pros
1. Rooms are spacious
2. Everyone is friendly and empathetic (except for the boutique staff)
3. They have happy hour at lunch and late afternoon. 2 for price of 1, which is good
4. Transfers are well planned and always on time.
5. Their outdoor bathroom is unique and cool, but you tend to get paranoid that someone might see you bathing coz you can hear voices (locals) behind the wall. Its either the bathroom is right beside the road or houses.

(-) Cons
1. For a pricey hotel they don't even provide room-in slippers nor toothbrush. You still have to pay for it.
2. Food are expensive. serving size is also inconsistent for our 3 day stay. Not much on their menu to choose from. Tip: Pizza serving is big, pasta serving is sometimes big or small.
3. They charge extra for room service. Which I never experienced in most popular 5-star hotels/resorts.
4. Tour rates are hilariously expensive and still charge you extra for the packed lunch
5. Air con does not cool the room enough. I think the size of the air con is not appropriate for the room that's why its not getting cold. Staff told me to wait for 15 mins but even after 2 hours and setting it to the coldest it still does not cool up the room. I even woke up sweating.
6. Room Wifi connection is poor and not stable. For a place with poor cellular connection, you should provide a stable wifi connection. This maybe not be the resort's fault but the IT staff told me that this have been a problem since they switched to another provider. If this problem have been happening for too long then something must have been done

This resort's price is almost the same as most 5-star resorts, but their amenities, facilities, service still does not live up to its price. I don't mind paying more if I get what is due. I hope they review their tour prices as there's not much to do in the resort especially when you are traveling with kids. Overall, this resort is OK.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resorts & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear SingleWorkingMum

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We’re pleased that you chose to spend your vacation here at Atmosphere and that you appreciated our friendly staff, the happy hour and the outdoor bathroom design, all of which we are very proud of. We apologise that you were unaware that our toothbrushes are free and available at reception, as stated in the wash area of your room. This is part of our eco policy against single use plastic. Unfortunately we do have the best wifi connection we could possibly have for the remoteness of the resort and we are continuously working with our provider to make it better, in the meantime we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. We’re also sorry to hear you were not informed of our Kid’s activities of which we have many. We will make sure our guests are well informed of this going forward.