“Total Relaxation”
Review of Atmosphere Resort

Atmosphere Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Reviewed April 12, 2017

My wife and I were undertaking a three month visit through Asia and decided we needed some down time. Searching for a resort that would suite us we discovered Atmosphere and we were not disappointed. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and nothing but smiles. The grounds are calming and the rooms (we had a 1B suite) are enormous. The service is first class and the food is excellent - the happy hour was pretty lively with some really interesting people to chat to. We both visited the spa and had a Watso water therapy which I have never had before and it was almost an out of body experience. Sad to leave Atmosphere but need to carry on the journey and we will be back I'm sure.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Hi Eric

We’re so pleased you found us! Thank you for your outstanding review of our place. We know the smiles of our staff are infectious and often makes it difficult to leave. Good to hear you were able to try the Watsu Therapy in our Spa and enjoyed the happy hour at the bar. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and we look forward to seeing you back here again sometime!

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Stylish, spacious and nicely decorated bungalows in wonderful setup amongst a lushy garden at the Sea. Chilling pool area with bar. Luxurious Spa (the massages are superb) with open treatment areas set amongst little pools. Very friendly and helpful staff. Well setup dive basis operating under high standards. Delicious food and wide variety of wines. Would live to stay longer!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Karin

Thanks for setting the scene so nicely for our future guests! We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Atmosphere and we wish you were able to stay longer too. Perhaps you might like to venture towards Apo island, only a 20 minute boat ride away with lots of turtles to see whilst snorkeling!

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

This was my 1st time to travel alone so I was a bit worried. But from the moment I arrived till the time I left, the 4 days 3 nights I stayed in this resort was the best. I was taken cared of and pampered. Will definitely be back hopefully by next year.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank appleteves10

Hi Miss Teves

We’re so pleased that you chose to spend your first time travelling alone at our luxurious piece of paradise. We always do our best to make our guests feel included and pampered and we can’t wait for your return hopefully next year.

Reviewed March 25, 2017

My biggest concern when I decided to stay at Atmosphere: will a non-diver like me enjoy a luxury resort for diving enthusiasts? I also learned that the pool is used for diving lessons, so that must be deep, and I was really concerned. Funny me. The whole experience at Atmosphere turned out to be a relaxing vacation for me.

I didn't expect to arrive in Dumaguete earlier than my planned check in of 12 PM. So, I called the resort to see if the room I booked was already vacant, and I was lucky that day, they had me picked up right away. Before the next hour, I was able to check in no sweat.

First impression? Wow. It's fab. I like the greens around the entire property, from coconuts to flowering shrubs to the well-manicured lawn. When I walked in to the room (a deluxe suite room), I was more surprised because it was very big and wide. I was a quick fan of the minimalist design which also has a touch of local from the Philippine handicrafts and art. The shower area surprised me the most--in a positive way. It was outside the room, and I super love the idea! It's shower time in the open. Fresh air.

The resort is some 30 minutes away from Dumaguete. Going back and forth is not that convenient--take a bus or hire a tricycle--although the resort can arrange transportation for these special needs. I guess the location is so strategic it will make you stay in the resort, just rest, have fun, and forget city life in the meantime.

Then, there's yoga and massage. There's the swimming pool for a dip any hour. The happy hour at the bar. The view. Local snacks delivered to your room at night. The accommodating staff.

My 2D1N stay in the resort was too quick to fully experience everything they have to offer. But for the time I was there, I can only remember that it was a day I got truly rested and relaxed. Yeah, the resort is not only for divers, but for anyone who wants to slow down from their busy routines, get in touch with nature, and have a good time pampering themselves.

Room Tip: I was told the resort is most beautiful at sunset. Be here at sunset.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Aris M

Hi Aris

Thanks so much for reviewing our little piece of paradise. We are always accommodating of early arrivals due to the timings of the flights coming in and it’s always nice to be forewarned! We’re glad that you liked the outside shower area and our tropical garden setting. We totally agree that our place is perfect for slowing down and getting in touch with nature. We hope next time you’ll be able to stay a bit longer and try out some of our tours.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

We just spent one week at the Atmosphere Resorts & Spa. It was like a dream! Everything was perfect: the rooms, the staff, the restaurant, the spa and of course the dive center. The kindness and professionalism of the staff is absolutely outstanding. One big thanks to the restaurant team and its supervisor, Ed. Ed will go out of his way to make your meals memorable (thanks for this last romantic dinner at the end of our stay!). He has a very interesting selection of excellent wines from all over the world and knows them well! Let him guide you though an enjoyable wine testing experience every night and I bet you'll discover new and amazing wines (a certain Pinot Grigio from California is still fresh in my mind and on my tasting buds!) Another thank you to the very dedicated and professional staff of the dive center and its manager, Marco. Thank you, guys, for those amazing dives on Apo island (seven huge green turtles in just one dive on my last day there!) and the muck diving with all the fantastic small critters you showed me! I just can't wait to come back...

Room Tip: Our room (#7) was perfect...
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre S

Hi Pierre

We loved reading your wonderful review of Atmosphere and we’re so pleased we were able to accommodate a dream like experience for you. We have passed on your comments to Ed about your romantic dinner and the wine tasting and to Marco and his team in the dive centre. What a great way to end your holiday with a visit to our beautiful green sea turtles at Apo! Hoping you can come back and visit them and us again soon. Perhaps you might like to venture into the mountain and visit the incredible waterfalls in the jungle.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
4.4 km away
0.0 km away
Vida Homes Condo Resort
5.4 km away
Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!