“PARADISE!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Dauin
Basel, Switzerland
“PARADISE!”
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Only one word needed for this incredible resort...paradise! From beginning to end, I received 5 star service at Atmosphere Resort...it truly was a little piece of heaven. The Philippines was my 50th country to explore and as a solo traveller, it is a rare instance that I go back to any destination. After receiving top notch service with all the amenities anyone could ask for, I cannot resist a repeat visit to this little gem in Dauin. I was searching for a scuba diving, yoga, spa retreat and Atmosphere was the perfect match! I would start my days off doing yoga in a treehouse, looking out at the beach with the fabulous yogi instructor Rae Collins, she modifies the class for all levels and I highly recommend taking advantage of this experience (even if it's a first for you). Following yoga you can indulge in the unlimited breakfast options, catering to all foodies with healthy choices. Then onto the magnificent diving that this resort offers, with the friendliest and most knowledgeable Dive Masters I have ever encountered. No fuss with scheduling a dive or organizing your own equipment, just sign up for the dive of your choice and you are on your way to explore the many critters off this beautiful coast (frogfish galore!). So many opportunities to add on day visits and Apo Island is a must-see. This place is turtle heaven, even for non-divers, so get out your snorkeling gear and jump in! I even took the opportunity to visit Oslob one morning and swim with the gigantic whale sharks, followed by a BBQ on the beach with my tour guide, driver and cook:) If you want to learn more about marine life, Dan is the man to teach you all about those little critters in the region. You can sign up for an evening session or additional classes to learn more about the impressive creatures you come across diving. I was also lucky enough to visit a local school and see their graduation ceremony before summer break, as well as visiting the Atmosphere Soup Kitchen with the most adorable Filipino children. I really can't say enough about this place and would recommend this resort for anyone that wants to be pampered and catered to (oh yes, and don't forget to treat yourself to a Signature Atmosphere massage at the Sanctuary Spa). I want to extend a sincere thank you to the Atmosphere team: to my reservations agent Narciso, to the resort managers Adam and Saila, to my bartender Josh, my yogi instructor Rae, to all the service staff, and all the fantastic Dive Masters that I had the privilege to meet along the way (Dan, Don, Arj, Noel, Eric, Sai, Marco and the rest of the team). This is not a place you need to second guess booking, in fact, book it now if you haven't already - I can assure you, there will be no regrets - everybody needs a little taste of PARADISE!

• Stayed March 2016, traveled solo
1 Thank skyehigh2016
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2016
Dear skyehigh2016,
Wow. What a raving review of Atmosphere! Thank you so much for deciding to return to us it was a pleasure to have you in the resort again and we're so pleased that we could provide you with the utmost service and excursions to fulfill your desires! Looking forward to your next visit already.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed April 11, 2016

I had a short stay at Atmosphere over the Easter holidays. The resort is really amazing, from the landscaping to the rooms, to the service and especially the staff. I very much liked that although this is a 5 star place the ambiance is very relaxed and not at all stuffy as some high end resorts are.

The reason for my trip was diving and I must say that the dive center is the best I have ever encountered. Until now I considered the resorts in Maldives to be the yardstick but Atmosphere surpasses them in the level of organisation and attention to detail in their quest to give the customer the absolute best experience possible.

The staff are very thoughtful, super professional and still relaxed. The dive masters are exceptional in their ability to find the rarest of creatures and excellent guardians of the delicate eco-system that is Dauin's coast. It is obvious that these guys have been very well trained and very well looked after by the management. They enjoy their job and are very good at it.

Special thanks to Arjay, Noel, Daniel the resident marine biologist and Adam the manager for a most enjoyable stay. Great operation and great dives!

• Stayed March 2016, traveled solo
2 Thank fisheyedivers
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2016
Hi Anne S Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our restaurant. We do have lots of activities for kids and we pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort. However, we try to keep the room occupancy to the number of beds rooms are planned for – to avoid being too crowded and for you to take better advantage of the room WE hope to see you back here for an overnight stay.
Beijing, China
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Just finished a great week at this place for family vacation. We were looking for a place where the parents could hang out and the kids could dive in a great setting with professional people. I think we found it here among the well-manicured resort grounds.

However, there is plenty to keep you busy here if you are not a diver with excursions for snorkeling (Apo, whale sharks on Cebu), pool, spa, or just hanging out and enjoying the huge menu(s) with ingredients sourced locally.

Here is the low-down to help you see if this is a place for you:

Thinking you should finally do your dive certification at the well-equipped, professional dive center at the hotel? Sure why not but you can also just sit by the pools or enjoy a huge breakfast selection while you watch the others slog their way to the beach to catch one of the resort boats to the great macro dive sites along the coast or a 20-min boat ride across to Apo Island for world-class corals and sea turtles. The choice is up to you.

Looking for a place with a small fitness room with treadmill to finally tone your "dad-bod" during holiday? Forget it - there isn't one (yet) so hit the rocky, black sand beach for a walk and get tempted to snorkel on the coral reefs just off of the beach in front of the hotel. Or check out the great spa for a massage or get up early to try some yoga to show just how really inflexible you are.

Looking for a place with crap wi-fi speed to avoid downloading the 40Mb Powerpoint your boss sent you the day you landed to proofread for him? Great, this is the place: hit the daily happy hour instead with specials that change everyday and relax around the pool bar with friendly staff and service and get to know the people around you. You are on vacation - take part in it.

But seriously thanks to all the staff for great food and service and especially to the dive team for a great experience for our kids. Special thanks to Adam for advice on dive computers and telling us about the resort, Marco for certifying our daughter for Nitrox, and Matt and Lor for the great dive guiding and making the kids confortable in the water all week long. The parents had fun too and we'll be back.

Stayed April 2016, traveled with family
Thanks Oilguy34 for giving a great lowdown on Atmosphere Resorts! I think you captured us quite well. We apologise that our wifi is not great, through no fault of our own except the area we are is remote and we are unable to get the highspeed we are looking for. But just like you said this can also be a great excuse to sit back, chill and connect with the people around you instead! We are pleased you took advantage of the diving and other excursions we have to offer. There really is plenty to do for the non-divers as well! We hope you will come and visit us again in the future and perhaps you might like to book some circuit training or TRX sessions with our in house trainer, Joel. We look forward to it!
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed April 7, 2016

Resort van was not around when I arrived at the airport. I called Raquel regarding my concern . All vehicles in the parking area had already left leaving me behind under the blazing sun. Waited for 20 minutes under the shade of the tree until my transfer arrived. Travel time to the resort is about 40 minutes. There were different versions for the delayed transfer. Driver said he had a flat tire while resort front office staff said they had picked up another guest. I dont know who is telling the truth.
Welcome drinks were served & check in was fast by Jen. Villa 13 was ready before the check in time. It has a spacious room with a large king sized bed. Mangoes were provided on the fruit platter. There is no complimentary resort rubber slippers. Fortunately I brought my own slippers with me. The safety deposit box is complicated to use. It has a relaxing outdoor shower with strong water pressure and heater.
There are 2 pools in this diving resort. The main pool with depth of 9 feet & the dipping pool which is also child friendly. One good thing here is the introduction of scuba in pool aside from the complimentary Indian head massage. Breakfast is plated with choices of Filipino & American. There is a buffet spread with pastries, salad & fresh fruits like mangoes, oranges & apples. Special mention to restaurant waiters Joel & Felix for assisting me toasting my bread that it will not be overcooked. Toaster has a broken conveyor that doesn't work. Complimentary cocktails are served at the bar every 6 to 7 pm.
Housekeeping/utility staff always greeted me but front office staff doesn't greet. I have to greet them first & will just stare at you. Mr Adam, the resort manager, is very friendly. He introduced himself & asked me that if I need assistance during my stay. Just feel free to call him.

Stayed March 2016
Thank you Jun L for your review of our resort. We hope you enjoyed your stay despite some of the misgivings you encountered. We’re very sorry about the delayed airport transfer, we have spoken to Raquel and drivers teams to find out what happened; Unfortunately guests from another resort decided they could use our transfer services despite it being your name on the sign and it wasn’t until 10 minutes down the road that it came to the attention of our driver that it was not you in the van. I think due to language barriers it was explained to you that he had a flat tyre.

On a lighter note we're happy that you enjoyed the introduction to Scuba and the Indian head massage. We hope that you will choose Atmosphere Resorts in the future, we look forward to having you back.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 5, 2016

We are a family of 2 adults, 3 kids aged from 11 - 4, 1 adult diver and 1 adult with no interest in diving. We stayed in a 2 bed penthouse which was a great space for the family. Only slight negative should you have much smaller kids is that the 2 bed penthouses are upstairs (obviously) so carrying up babies and toddlers may become a pain. Once upstairs though it is a big space for the family.
The resort is beautiful, the staff were wonderful and we were all able to truly relax thanks to the ability to hire help for the children at pretty much anytime you would need it. Kids had tons to keep them busy - yoga, craft activities and kids spa.
The diving and snorkeling at Apo island is amazing. Turtles everywhere and the coral reef was beautiful. It is only a half hour boat ride from the resort. My husband who is usually not interested in boats or the sea loved it too and the reef is so spectacular.
The dive operation is faultless - easy to book up and you are really looked after.
Food was great, good selection of wine and a very relaxed, warm atmosphere to the resort. We hope to come back!

• Stayed April 2016, traveled with family
1 Thank NDaniels123
Hi Ndaniels123 thank you for your lovely review and for choosing to holiday with Atmosphere. We’re very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the kids were kept busy with our fun kid’s cove activities! We hope to see you all back here again in the future, perhaps you might like to see some special sights the island of Negros has to offer or spend some time in our spa, we’re looking forward to it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
4.4 km away
1.1 km away
Sea Dream Resorts
Sea Dream Resorts
#6 of 15 in Dauin

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!