“Fabulous fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Edmonton, Canada
“Fabulous fabulous”
Reviewed February 12, 2016

this resort was absolutely first class in everything! From the wonderful staff who were always happy and helpful to the 5 star meals, we had a truly relaxing holiday. The land tours were arranged by the resort and were always interesting and catered to many interests. The accommodations were very clean and comfortable ( we had a garden apartment) and the tropical gardens were so lovely to see out the window. Wonderful infinity pool to lounge about and small quiet beach for those who prefer. Would recommend getting all inclusive meals as they are on the pricy side if purchased separately. Would love to come back!

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms great for families or friends who want a large living space to share.
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 78maeves
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2016
Dear 78maeves, We're so happy that you chose to holiday with Atmosphere Resorts and that your stay was truly relaxing. We do pride ourselves on the service of our restaurant, the ingredients are sourced both locally and internationally to ensure there is something for everyone, which is also true for our tours that you were able to take advantage of. We very much hope to see you here again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 10, 2016

First time I discovered Atmosphere while looking for a place to escape Manila during APEC summit, and a friend recommended Dumaguete as the place with great nature (also because I was coming with a friend who wanted to do some diving). So we started looking for a dive resort where I (a non-diver) could also have something to do. Eventually through some research we came across Atmosphere and never regretted. First of all (being in the Philippines for 7 years already) I really appreciated how easy it was to get there: short flight with PAL, 30-minute ride in the van and you are in the resort. Second - free airport transfer. Not many resorts do this and this makes things so much nicer from the start - they meet you, they drive you, they help you with bags and they don't charge you annoyingly crazy amounts at all. Third - they have options for everyone: yoga (hatha mostly with great teachers), pool, amazing beach (and here I have to stress it - the water and the beach are wonderful! The sand is vulcanic hence not white and entering the sea is a bit rocky but personally I enjoyed swimming there so much more than anywhere in the white sand beaches. It gives you this feeling of real blue ocean and not the steamy greenish shallow white-beach kind of feel that Boracay might have). The food is tasty and well presented, breakfast is generous and you can choose from either ala-carte or buffet.

The resort is some 20-minutes by boat from Apo Island which is a marine sanctuary and where you can either dive or snorkle. I snorkled (immensely fun!) and my friend dove. According to her one of the most pleasant and hastle-free (and well-priced) dives she ever made.

Also the Spa is great. First time we went only for a few options but after I brought my sister back to resort for New Years that's when we tried almost everything they have to offer. And each treatment was top-quality. I would highly recommend the hilot massage and avocado hair treatment. It's been a month and my hair is still very happy.

I was never before a person to come back to a certain resort several times but Atmosphere changed my mind. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2015, traveled with friends
4 Thank Elena M
Dear Elena,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are very pleased that you have had multiple wonderful stays with us and we can't wait for your return! We're also so glad that you appreciate our rugged volcanic beach as much as we do and that you were accommodated as well as you should be as a non-diver in our resort! Other than the spa treatments and yoga that you clearly enjoyed, there is so much to do and see around here without going underwater and we'd love to recommend some of the land tours such as the Red Rocks and Casaroro waterfalls up in the mountain for your next visit. We're looking forward to it!
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed February 3, 2016 via mobile

Our family spent New Year's at the resort . There is always something for all ages, even children . My husband and I enjoyed the spa treatments . There were enough choices for food and options for health buffs. We won't might going back several times . It was that impressive with impeccable service by the staff.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane R
Dear Jane, thank you for choosing to stay with Atmosphere. We're so happy you decided to see in the New Year with us and that you enjoyed our spa services and the healthy food options. We very much look forward to your return in the future, perhaps you might like to see some more of the Island with our land tours or take a trip to see the turtles in Apo! It’s a great activity for children, something we find very important at Atmosphere.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed January 25, 2016

The suites are spacious and nicely designed with huge bathroom that is sort of outdoor, but still covered by a roof and walls. Very nice design.
Great selection for breakfast and great service throughout the day.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends
2 Thank AndreaAK
Dear Andrea,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a great review of your stay with us! We're very happy that you liked our outdoor style bathroom to be at one with nature. We look forward to your return.
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed January 19, 2016

I only chanced upon Atmosphere Resorts when it was featured in Mabuhay Magazine; I was then en route to Cebu for work. My wedding then was a little over two weeks away, and my husband and I have not really decided on going on a trip after the festivities. I read through the article and thought that it would be a nice spot to spend a mini-moon.

I dropped an inquiry in the website and I promptly received a reply from their reservations team. It turns out that the resort was fully booked on my preferred dates, but the reservations team was thoughtful enough to offer me the next available set of dates: the day immediately following my wedding! We couldn't pass on the opportunity so we booked our flights and confirmed our reservation!

I only have the best to say about this resort. The owners and the staff are very accommodating, and everyone is just so warm and friendly. I like the fact that the resort and restaurant managers take extra time to have a small chat and recommend the best activities to do around the resort. It is just a shame that my husband had a bad cold which prevented us from diving -- but seeing so many sea turtles while snorkeling in Apo Island was definitely worth it!

Our suite was spic and span, and there is so much effort put into making each visit sustainable.I can't get over the fragrance of the resort's eco-friendly toiletries!

I also appreciated the efforts exerted so I can have my own one-on-one yoga session, as well as our private mini-moon dinner, both at the treehouse.

I highly recommend this resort to everyone. Most of my friends went abroad for their honey/mini-moons, but I am proud to say that one of the best places to spend it is found right here at home! :)

Stayed December 2015
1 Thank Rita M
Dear Rita, We were very honored to be the ones to provide you with your mini-moon haven, and it was our pleasure to arrange the dinner in the treehouse! We're sorry you weren't able to dive on your trip but at least you were able to see the amazing turtles of Apo! We think it's really important to get to know all of our guests and ensure that they have the best experience possible so it's nice that you also appreciated that along our efforts to remain as eco-friendly as possible. All the best to both of you in your new venture in married life and we hope you will come back to dive with us in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
4.4 km away
1.1 km away
Sea Dream Resorts
Sea Dream Resorts
#6 of 16 in Dauin

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!