“Great place”
Review of Atmosphere Resort

Atmosphere Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Reviewed February 10, 2016

First time I discovered Atmosphere while looking for a place to escape Manila during APEC summit, and a friend recommended Dumaguete as the place with great nature (also because I was coming with a friend who wanted to do some diving). So we started looking for a dive resort where I (a non-diver) could also have something to do. Eventually through some research we came across Atmosphere and never regretted. First of all (being in the Philippines for 7 years already) I really appreciated how easy it was to get there: short flight with PAL, 30-minute ride in the van and you are in the resort. Second - free airport transfer. Not many resorts do this and this makes things so much nicer from the start - they meet you, they drive you, they help you with bags and they don't charge you annoyingly crazy amounts at all. Third - they have options for everyone: yoga (hatha mostly with great teachers), pool, amazing beach (and here I have to stress it - the water and the beach are wonderful! The sand is vulcanic hence not white and entering the sea is a bit rocky but personally I enjoyed swimming there so much more than anywhere in the white sand beaches. It gives you this feeling of real blue ocean and not the steamy greenish shallow white-beach kind of feel that Boracay might have). The food is tasty and well presented, breakfast is generous and you can choose from either ala-carte or buffet.

The resort is some 20-minutes by boat from Apo Island which is a marine sanctuary and where you can either dive or snorkle. I snorkled (immensely fun!) and my friend dove. According to her one of the most pleasant and hastle-free (and well-priced) dives she ever made.

Also the Spa is great. First time we went only for a few options but after I brought my sister back to resort for New Years that's when we tried almost everything they have to offer. And each treatment was top-quality. I would highly recommend the hilot massage and avocado hair treatment. It's been a month and my hair is still very happy.

I was never before a person to come back to a certain resort several times but Atmosphere changed my mind. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
4  Thank Elena M
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Dear Elena,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are very pleased that you have had multiple wonderful stays with us and we can't wait for your return! We're also so glad that you appreciate our rugged volcanic beach as much as we do and that you were accommodated as well as you should be as a non-diver in our resort! Other than the spa treatments and yoga that you clearly enjoyed, there is so much to do and see around here without going underwater and we'd love to recommend some of the land tours such as the Red Rocks and Casaroro waterfalls up in the mountain for your next visit. We're looking forward to it!

Reviewed February 3, 2016 via mobile

Our family spent New Year's at the resort . There is always something for all ages, even children . My husband and I enjoyed the spa treatments . There were enough choices for food and options for health buffs. We won't might going back several times . It was that impressive with impeccable service by the staff.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane R

Dear Jane, thank you for choosing to stay with Atmosphere. We're so happy you decided to see in the New Year with us and that you enjoyed our spa services and the healthy food options. We very much look forward to your return in the future, perhaps you might like to see some more of the Island with our land tours or take a trip to see the turtles in Apo! It’s a great activity for children, something we find very important at Atmosphere.

Reviewed January 25, 2016

The suites are spacious and nicely designed with huge bathroom that is sort of outdoor, but still covered by a roof and walls. Very nice design.
Great selection for breakfast and great service throughout the day.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank AndreaAK

Dear Andrea,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a great review of your stay with us! We're very happy that you liked our outdoor style bathroom to be at one with nature. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 19, 2016

I only chanced upon Atmosphere Resorts when it was featured in Mabuhay Magazine; I was then en route to Cebu for work. My wedding then was a little over two weeks away, and my husband and I have not really decided on going on a trip after the festivities. I read through the article and thought that it would be a nice spot to spend a mini-moon.

I dropped an inquiry in the website and I promptly received a reply from their reservations team. It turns out that the resort was fully booked on my preferred dates, but the reservations team was thoughtful enough to offer me the next available set of dates: the day immediately following my wedding! We couldn't pass on the opportunity so we booked our flights and confirmed our reservation!

I only have the best to say about this resort. The owners and the staff are very accommodating, and everyone is just so warm and friendly. I like the fact that the resort and restaurant managers take extra time to have a small chat and recommend the best activities to do around the resort. It is just a shame that my husband had a bad cold which prevented us from diving -- but seeing so many sea turtles while snorkeling in Apo Island was definitely worth it!

Our suite was spic and span, and there is so much effort put into making each visit sustainable.I can't get over the fragrance of the resort's eco-friendly toiletries!

I also appreciated the efforts exerted so I can have my own one-on-one yoga session, as well as our private mini-moon dinner, both at the treehouse.

I highly recommend this resort to everyone. Most of my friends went abroad for their honey/mini-moons, but I am proud to say that one of the best places to spend it is found right here at home! :)

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Rita M

Dear Rita, We were very honored to be the ones to provide you with your mini-moon haven, and it was our pleasure to arrange the dinner in the treehouse! We're sorry you weren't able to dive on your trip but at least you were able to see the amazing turtles of Apo! We think it's really important to get to know all of our guests and ensure that they have the best experience possible so it's nice that you also appreciated that along our efforts to remain as eco-friendly as possible. All the best to both of you in your new venture in married life and we hope you will come back to dive with us in the future!

Reviewed January 17, 2016

While on a recent trip to Dumaguete we, my husband and I were given a Christmas present from friends, a night stay at Atmosphere with a dining experience in the tree house. This was a first for us, as we had never spent a night away from the kids, our oldest is 11. So with the kids looked after we set off to Atmosphere.
Wow! Upon entering the resort there was a walk through well manicured gardens to the reception area, where we were warmly welcomed by Adam who looked after our booking in and presented us with delicious welcome drinks. After everything was signed we were shown our suite. O my goodness me, it was beautiful. King size bed, large tv and seating area, complimentary tea and coffee and fruit, a huge partially outside bathroom with a shower head bigger than a dinner plate!, and double sinks, all beautifully decorated, simple but elegant.
We wandered down to the pool bar to gaze at the infinity pool with wonder and delight. Drinks were a little more expensive than other places we stayed approx 150 PHP for a bottle of beer, but the setting was divine!. We had dinner at 7pm a time we chose and we were escorted away from the main dining area to a private tree house where our table was set for a romantic dinner for 2.. The food was to die for, melt in the mouth steak for my husband and a trio of the sea for me, prawns, sea bass and scallops served with garlic mash and seasonal veg. Dessert was of course the chocolate variety for both of us, a triple tower of chocolate mousse and a chocolate heaven cake. Delicious The service was impeccable, nothing was too much bother and we were waited on hand and foot..
A trip to the gift shop the next morning, was good, as they sold a lot of local products that were naturally sourced and help the Filipino people. From t-shirts to sunscreen to salad servers to jewellery, they had a small variety of everything.
There is a new children's pool with cafe nearby, all set in the beautiful garden surroundings.
Without our children we took full advantage of the infinity pool, and lazed around the pool area sipping cocktails and generally relaxing. It was the most amazing resort we had been to.
Thank you to the owners and staff who made us feel so welcome in such a short period of time.

Room Tip: All rooms are private, there is a choice between an apartment with self catering facilities, suites...
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen H

Dear Helen,
Thank you for your lovely review of your short but sweet stay with us here in Atmosphere! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your romantic meal in the treehouse on the beach and that the setting of our resort was to your liking. We're glad you were able to take advantage of our infinity pool during your stay. Hopefully you will be able to return in the future for a not so fleeting trip, bring the kids with you and take advantage of our in house yaya and Kids Club, while you and your husband check out our serene, secret spa garden! You're always very welcome.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
4.4 km away
0.0 km away
Vida Homes Condo Resort
5.4 km away
Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!