“Our mini-moon haven!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Dauin
Pasig, Philippines
“Our mini-moon haven!”
Reviewed January 19, 2016

I only chanced upon Atmosphere Resorts when it was featured in Mabuhay Magazine; I was then en route to Cebu for work. My wedding then was a little over two weeks away, and my husband and I have not really decided on going on a trip after the festivities. I read through the article and thought that it would be a nice spot to spend a mini-moon.

I dropped an inquiry in the website and I promptly received a reply from their reservations team. It turns out that the resort was fully booked on my preferred dates, but the reservations team was thoughtful enough to offer me the next available set of dates: the day immediately following my wedding! We couldn't pass on the opportunity so we booked our flights and confirmed our reservation!

I only have the best to say about this resort. The owners and the staff are very accommodating, and everyone is just so warm and friendly. I like the fact that the resort and restaurant managers take extra time to have a small chat and recommend the best activities to do around the resort. It is just a shame that my husband had a bad cold which prevented us from diving -- but seeing so many sea turtles while snorkeling in Apo Island was definitely worth it!

Our suite was spic and span, and there is so much effort put into making each visit sustainable.I can't get over the fragrance of the resort's eco-friendly toiletries!

I also appreciated the efforts exerted so I can have my own one-on-one yoga session, as well as our private mini-moon dinner, both at the treehouse.

I highly recommend this resort to everyone. Most of my friends went abroad for their honey/mini-moons, but I am proud to say that one of the best places to spend it is found right here at home! :)

Stayed December 2015
1 Thank Rita M
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2016
Dear Rita, We were very honored to be the ones to provide you with your mini-moon haven, and it was our pleasure to arrange the dinner in the treehouse! We're sorry you weren't able to dive on your trip but at least you were able to see the amazing turtles of Apo! We think it's really important to get to know all of our guests and ensure that they have the best experience possible so it's nice that you also appreciated that along our efforts to remain as eco-friendly as possible. All the best to both of you in your new venture in married life and we hope you will come back to dive with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2016

While on a recent trip to Dumaguete we, my husband and I were given a Christmas present from friends, a night stay at Atmosphere with a dining experience in the tree house. This was a first for us, as we had never spent a night away from the kids, our oldest is 11. So with the kids looked after we set off to Atmosphere.
Wow! Upon entering the resort there was a walk through well manicured gardens to the reception area, where we were warmly welcomed by Adam who looked after our booking in and presented us with delicious welcome drinks. After everything was signed we were shown our suite. O my goodness me, it was beautiful. King size bed, large tv and seating area, complimentary tea and coffee and fruit, a huge partially outside bathroom with a shower head bigger than a dinner plate!, and double sinks, all beautifully decorated, simple but elegant.
We wandered down to the pool bar to gaze at the infinity pool with wonder and delight. Drinks were a little more expensive than other places we stayed approx 150 PHP for a bottle of beer, but the setting was divine!. We had dinner at 7pm a time we chose and we were escorted away from the main dining area to a private tree house where our table was set for a romantic dinner for 2.. The food was to die for, melt in the mouth steak for my husband and a trio of the sea for me, prawns, sea bass and scallops served with garlic mash and seasonal veg. Dessert was of course the chocolate variety for both of us, a triple tower of chocolate mousse and a chocolate heaven cake. Delicious The service was impeccable, nothing was too much bother and we were waited on hand and foot..
A trip to the gift shop the next morning, was good, as they sold a lot of local products that were naturally sourced and help the Filipino people. From t-shirts to sunscreen to salad servers to jewellery, they had a small variety of everything.
There is a new children's pool with cafe nearby, all set in the beautiful garden surroundings.
Without our children we took full advantage of the infinity pool, and lazed around the pool area sipping cocktails and generally relaxing. It was the most amazing resort we had been to.
Thank you to the owners and staff who made us feel so welcome in such a short period of time.

Room Tip: All rooms are private, there is a choice between an apartment with self catering facilities, suites...
1 Thank Helen H
Dear Helen,
Thank you for your lovely review of your short but sweet stay with us here in Atmosphere! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your romantic meal in the treehouse on the beach and that the setting of our resort was to your liking. We're glad you were able to take advantage of our infinity pool during your stay. Hopefully you will be able to return in the future for a not so fleeting trip, bring the kids with you and take advantage of our in house yaya and Kids Club, while you and your husband check out our serene, secret spa garden! You're always very welcome.
Reviewed January 17, 2016

We have been keen to get back to Atmosphere since our first visit in Aug 2014, however we were a bit nervous having never been back to a resort and having such high expectations after our last trip. We also knew the resort was fully booked over Christmas and New Year so were worried that the service wouldn't be the same. We also choose an Apartment rather than a Penthouse - would we like it???

We had absolutely nothing to worry about, from the minute we walked back in the gates we were welcomed like old friends, the service was possibly even better as they had so many staff on hand and boats galore for diving. The apartment was just like the penthouse just smaller - although I think we only had one night in as we had too much fun and made so many new friends.

We stayed for 10 days and never went diving with more than 4 in our group or more than 8 on a boat and that was only on Christmas Day to Apo - we had several dives with just us on a boat. Adam managed it so well to ensure we got to dive the sites we wanted even rearranging a trip and sending an extra boat so we could get an extra dive in one day at Apo Island. Arjay did most of our guiding on this trip and he was just the best, spotting when you want it and hanging back to let you explore. Dan's camera advice helped me get some of my best photographs ever.

Then there was the Christmas and New Year fun - oh these guys seriously turned it on with style. I cannot recommend it enough if you get the chance to go at Christmas time you will have a ball but be prepared for a big night on NYE.....

Great job guys you made our year!

2 Thank Carolyn B
Dear Carolyn, thanks for the raving review! It was our absolute pleasure to make your year and to make sure you got all the dives in you wanted during your stay! It was a great festive period and we all loved spending it with you and all the other guests. We’re also glad that you enjoyed the service of our marine biologist Daniel! We're looking forward to your return for another round and some more diving!
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

The resort is about 30 minutes away from the city which makes it a nice quiet and private retreat off Dumaguete. The rates were quite high and so my expectations became equally high and thankfully the resort delivered on all aspects. The rooms were fantastic with local and indigenous fabric, materials and decor were all used. The interior reminded me of discovery shores with the set up and the styling of the room. Bathroom was cool with the outdoor shower making you feel you are in your own private retreat Au natural. The bathrooms in the one bedroom suites could use a renovation as it was looking extremely tired and wasn't consistent anymore with the pricing They were charging. the architecture which reflects the bahay kubo was another great touch together with the outdoor hammock. Perfect. Service was good attentive and friendly staff who were obviously trained well. The facilities were great from the pools to the spa to the restaurant and the bar and the yoga tree house. The beachfront was a bit of a disappointment but that's not their problem. The diving and spa rates were a bit too expensive and were clearly priced for the foreign travelers who would find it reasonable but not for locals. That's why we were the only Filipinos that stay and the rest were all foreigners. I recommend they introduce local residents rates which should not be a problem with foreign travelers anyway. Sightseeing was great and so was the diving in apo island and in the house reef. Will definitely come back again as I also loved the city and all that she offered.

Stayed November 2015, traveled with friends
AtmosphereManager, Manager at Atmosphere Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2016

Dear John,
Thank you for taking time to write a review and we sincerely appreciate your detailed impression of Atmosphere. We love the architectural design of our rooms - we are glad that you like it too. Thank you as well for your comments on our bathrooms, we are working on having that addressed.
Thank you as well for mentioning how our staff are performing. The treehouse is a great option for private dinners, with the ocean just below you. We do try to have a mix of guests and even though there may have been few Filipinos during your stay, we usually have quite a lot of locals coming mainly from Manila to visit Atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Atmosphere and it is easily the best beach resort I have visited, manly due to the high level of service from all the staff, from the waiters to the dive team, and even the managers who were very friendly and took a personal interest in the guests.

Food is of a high quality. Lots of choices from pasta/pizza to burgers/sandwiches/asian curries plus a selection of daily specials for each meal. Even the breakfast is a la carte with options ranging from eggs, bacon and sausages to pancakes and oatmeal. They even have a good selection of vegan/non-dairy options such as banana pancakes and soya milk oatmeal. The restaurant is close to the beach, and I enjoyed having a view of the sea during each meal. Despite many reviewers saying that they found it expensive, I found it to be reasonably priced (I do live in London though!), with the average main dish costing around £7-8. The signature dishes are more expensive, but the all day menu is still available in the evening. Its probably not worth going full or half board unless you have 3 courses each meal. The main dishes are quite filling on their own.

There are plenty of dive trips throughout the day on a number of boats of varying sizes. We went on an Apo Island trip. The boat ride was exhilarating and we got splashed quite a bit! The reefs were beautiful and so much marine life. Be aware that the waters here can get quite rough so take travel sickness pills if needed. There are also plenty of things to see on the house reef – here we saw a large turtle, several spotted rays, a bat fish, ghost pipe fish, a flamboyant cuttlefish, leaf scorpion fish, frogfish, red snappers and a large cuttlefish (on a night dive) as well as many lionfish. The guides always found lots of interesting marine life. Unfortunately it wasn't octopus season. Entry and exit in the house reef can be tough with some very strong waves and rocks. The diving here is mainly macro which was a bit of a change from reef diving which I was used to. I would recommend reading-up about some of the critters before you get here so you know what you are looking at. This kind of diving also requires you to have very good buoyancy control. We hadn't dived for over 18 months and found this tough at first so ended up doing a peak performance buoyancy adventure dive which really helped. The dive team also assemble your gear for you (they even put on your fins for you on boats dives!) and nitrox is available at no extra charge. Everyone is always happy to help.

The accommodation is clean and spacious, and I enjoyed sitting outside my suite surrounded by the lush gardens. It was very peaceful and I almost didn't miss having a sea view.

The bar can get quite busy in the evenings and we weren't always able to find a table. There is a happy hour twice a day where a variety of drinks, mainly cocktails, are 2 for 1.

The spa is in a secret garden. We had a massage and a floral bath here and found it to be much better than a previous spa I had visited. There is a free indian head massage for every guest.

There are a few excursions available and the staff are happy to tailor the excursions to suit your needs. Unlike some resorts, they will go on an excursion even if its only 2 people. The price of the excursions varies, some are very cheap and others, like the whalesharks can be pricey (I think it was over £100 each for this). However the whalesharks are a must-see. We went on Xmas day and it was very quiet.

The only downside for us was the transfer to Cebu airport. Our travel operator told us it was 3-4 hours, but it is not. It is very far away and took 5-7 hours to get to the airport, most of which is sat in a car with no breaks. We also had to make our own way onto a ferry and carry heavy luggage up a narrow ladder. Not what you need after a long haul flight. I would strongly recommend trying to fly to Dumaguete if possible instead.

1 Thank vanadia7
Dear vanadia7,
Thank you for your amazing and extensive review of Atmosphere! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you again here with us and if you come during octopus season in October and November, the Octopus will no longer be shy and come out. Thank you for all your kind words about the food quality and choices, the spa and the excursions.
We share your sentiments on the transfers from Cebu. It is indeed a quite tiresome after hours of sitting in the plane. And we agree that it can be a lot easier to fly between Manila and Dumaguete. There are 4 daily flights in and out of Dumaguete (2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon)
See you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
4.4 km away
1.1 km away
Sea Dream Resorts
Sea Dream Resorts
#6 of 15 in Dauin

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!