Alps Residency Pondicherry(Pondicherry)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$28
US$19
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Abirami Residency & Vista Rooms(Pondicherry)(Great Value!)
US$35
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
ABC Imbiss(Pondicherry)
1,280 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantsea facing roomblue linelight houseexcellent locationsmall poolbreakfast buffetgandhi statuesea breezebay of bengalgoubert avenuewhite townbeach viewspecial thanksvisiting pondicherryrock beachcourteous staff
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had 2 rooms, in none the A/C was working. Location wise its good. But u ll need AC cuz it is hot and humid there, better to see other options. They were unable to help us when we complained about the AC.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us due to the effectiveness of air conditioning, let me assure you that the work has already been initiated, and soon the difference can be experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back again should you give us an other opportunity.

Regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is gorgeous from the outside. The lobby was clean and neat. Staff was friendly. I stayed for two nights.

*Problems*

Room #1: AC didn’t work. It was looked at several times and I was told it was fixed. It wasn’t. I called housekeeping for two extra pillows and toilet tissue. They never came, even after several hours. Had to call multiple times. The shower (rain) head was so clogged that the water sprayed out over the shower partition and soaked (and I mean soaked) the entire bathroom. This is a shock and slipping hazard. The bathrooms in all rooms needed a really good cleaning in the nooks and crannies. Room service food was just so-so, and it was only nachos. How hard is it to mess up nachos? I was in this room for one night.

Room #2: Only stayed there for about five minutes as the AC didn’t work there, either.

Room #3: The air worked in this room (yay!), but the bathroom smelled of sewage and badly! There were globs of hair in the shower stall that weren’t mine (I hadn’t showered in that room as yet & didn’t... just waited ‘tiI I got back to Chennai the day I checked out). There were several nail heads poking out of the wood floor that my flip flops caught on (not the yucky ones they leave you at the foot of the bed that everyone else has been wearing and cannot be washed). Thank goodness I wasn’t barefoot! The mini fridge opened on the wrong side, making it very hard to get into given its location next to the bed. I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want to change rooms again. I was in this room for one night.

On Saturday night, my friend was dropping me off at the front door on a scooter (parking was scarce and he wanted to drop me then look for a space). It was a no parking zone. I was only getting off the scooter. The doorman promptly came out and started yelling (yes, yelling) at us that we couldn’t park there. We told him we were guests and I was only being dropped at the door. He kept yelling at us. Honestly, he hollered at us for far longer than it would’ve taken me to just get off the scooter in the first place. We were aware it was a no parking zone and weren’t trying to park there.

When I checked out, I made the staff aware of all the problems I’d had. They apologized, but made no attempt to comp anything. This is an expensive hotel! I’d expect far better cleanliness, food, housekeeping and maintenance. I started reading the bad reviews for this hotel while I was there. Turns out, many people have had these same issues and they’re YEARS old. The management always says they’ll take care of it, but they obviously aren’t because I had similar problems in all three rooms I was given. By the way, other guests were complaining at the front desk that their AC wasn’t working, either.

2  Thank ghosthalo15
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. I have reviewed your inputs and personally looking in to the reasons for the shortcomings in your experience.

The air conditioning work has already been initiated, trust it shall take some time till the difference can be experienced. However all other incidents are absolutely not accepted by any standards of the hotel.

Humble apologies,

Warm regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

An excellent place, with sea breeze and atmospherics for good conversation . Well stocked bar with range of cocktails and other drinks. Food menu especially four course meals are good value for money . Jita Shree from Mangaldoi in Assam along with another Assamese and Meghalaya staff are excellent. After it gets dark sea cannot be seen but breeze tells you where you are. A wonderful place.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are happy to note that you enjoyed your evening with food & beverages and service provided at The Promenade. The hotel is located in the heart of town with stunning ocean views and the town's ancient (and now unused) lighthouse to give you a table setting that's unforgettable.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I never would have given the hotel a 4 star if the staff would not have been fantastic. The booking process wasn’t the best as seemed the reservation team were not keen on having my booking. The process was very mechanical and I had already made a negative start. The location of the hotel is nice as it is just opposite the beach road and in close proximity to the main read such as busy street, nehru and mission street. My room wasn’t the best of Sea View the first night, It was small and the view wasn’t great but on requesting the next day we were offered a better bigger room. There is no balcony to sit and enjoy the view from your room and privacy could be a concern.We received complimentary birthday cake which was nice. A nice meal at Bay of Buddha the Pan Asian cuisine was good, I did find that the choices were limited and can be done even better. The breakfast was good with choices . They offer cookies at the reception which are delicious. The chef, the food and beverage team , front office all were very polite, visible and always ready to help.
Not for the product but for the polite service I could go back!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed location of the hotel, food and service from our staff during your stay at The Promenade. Your kind words will encourage our staff to provide courteous and efficient service to all our guests.

We have noted your feedback on your experience during the booking process. This will certainly be looked into to make it easier.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Promenade on your next visit.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome ambience and service, yeah one of the best hotel I ever visited. I like the the food at restaurant kitchen with wide variety of our IP nd and mix roomae are spacious. Comfortable and well kept.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them. It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will take your feedback to for further encouragement of the team.

We shall ensure that you receive personalized service and a warm welcome for your next visit.

Regards