See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We stayed at Zimba for about a week. Hotel is well run, friendly staff, excellent food. Rooms are large and clea. Good wellness area including sauna. The lifts and or the bus stop is 5 min walk away.

There is also a playroom with Billiard and table soccer there.

Will be back, we hope!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We are visiting for the third time next Christmas. Big and clean rooms, excelent food and wonderful staff. Short walk to the lifts. Our first choice when we go skiing with our family. Swimming pool, Sauna and great facilities for kids.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I had visited this property from August 20th-26th. The purpose of this trip was to hike in the Montafon Valley with 3 other friends that were also guests of Hotel Zimba. The walk from the train station was roughly 3 minutes. Upon arrival I was pleasantly greeted. Check in was speedy, merely a signature and I was on my way to my room. At check in I notified the staff that I would require a gondola pass for my duration beginning the following day. It was as easy as stopping by the desk the following day and getting before I departed on my adventures in Schruns. The hotel was a wonderful European feel. The room I booked in for was a single. The size was perfect for my needs. Bed was comfortable, lovely balcony area that had a chair and small table, view was looking at wonderful mountains and over the town. The only complaint I had was the guest next door was a smoker, so found I needed to close the door and window as I could smell smoke constantly as he was smoking on his balcony. This hotel was no bearing directly on the hotel. The room was equipped with complimentary wifi, also thru out the hotel grounds this could be found. The bathroom was nice and bright. It also had a magnifying mirror, which I find can be hard to come by in hotels. There was great body wash and hand soap provided. There are safes in the room as well.

The breakfasts are very European (which I LOVED)! Something for everyone at the buffet, fresh fruit, eggs, meats, cheeses, oatmeal, fresh bread, juices, pastries and much more. Breakfast begins at 730am. Unfortunately, there is no coffee or coffee maker in the room, however if you are in dire need of a cup, walk back towards the train station (less than 3 minutes) this bakery opens around 6am and serves a great coffee. Dinner was fabulous. Again, impossible to disappoint. Themed dinners nightly. If there is someone in your party with dietary restrictions do not be afraid to ask for another option as this was always available for us at no extra charge. The servers hustle and are ever so friendly. English was limited by some, although we practiced our German and they attempted at English. There is music provided on certain evenings. Wine is available at a low cost, and is very nice. The owners will be seen as is the whole family working from the front desk to clearing tables. Also, if you are still hungry between lunch and dinner there is a snack offered (complimentary) in the bar area daily.

The bus terminal is located outside the train station (all buses depart from here). After hiking daily, I enjoyed some relaxation time in the spa area. The spa has 3 types of sauna (temp varies accordingly) and a couple of steam rooms. I will say, as this is Europe, you may find naked men or women in these rooms which I wasn't bothered by as I realized this was quite common. There are robes in your rooms which you can wear down to the spa and pool area. There is a pool area that backs on to a beautiful garden area where many people were enjoying a book or afternoon nap.

Since we departed before breakfast was served on our last day, Christian took it upon himself to organize a bagged lunch for our train ride to Italy, at no extra cost. We were blown away!!! Overall, I have been to MANY five star hotels and the customer service is disappointing amongst other things. I have to say, this hotel could not get any better. It is by far top notch!

Can't wait to return, hopefully next year!!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2016

My wife and I spent 10 days hiking in the Montafon Valley of Austria this August from the 16th to the 25th.

We stayed in the village of Schruns at the Hotel Zimba. This family run hotel was recommended by friends, so we knew it would be good, but we were blown away by the level of hospitality, service, helpfulness and overall friendliness of everyone associated with the hotel.

The owners and staff truly care about their guests comfort and do all the little things that make a stay exceptional.

The room prices include your meals and they are superb, There is a lavish buffet breakfast and varied four course dinners every day.

The rooms are quite spacious and nicely decorated, with a usable balcony. They also have single rooms that are half the price of a double.

The hotel offers a hike every day, but will also help you plan your own hikes.

After a day of hiking and/or sightseeing, you can relax in the hotel's indoor pool, or sooth your muscles in one of the various sauna's or steam rooms.

The hotel is centrally located and less than 5 minutes from the bus and train station, so that you can easily access the many hiking trails in the area.

The hiking and hotel were so good, we are already thinking about a return trip.

The hotel Zimba in Schruns will exceed your expectations, whether you are on a hiking holiday or a ski holiday. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who lives in the town. Was not disappointed and we are looking to book again. All the staff were very friendly and the hotel had a relaxed atmosphere. The food was excellent with a wide choice available everyday. There was even one night when there was a dessert buffet. Facilities were top drawer which included pool well being centre and play area for children with nursery nurse. The family who run the hotel had thought of everything even down to being able to use a pushchair free of charge

Date of stay: February 2016