Recently spent a week here to celebrate a friends birthday. We were two couples , all now in our 60s. We arrived in the dark in torrential rain. We had two apartments in the 600 block. Felt this block was a little out on a limb and seemed to not always have been part of the hotel. It had plenty of wardrobe space, a kitchen with two hotplates, a fridge and a microwave, table and chairs, sofa, a second television and a balcony with chairs. I think the sofa may have converted into a bed. There were cups and saucers and spoons but nothing else. Really quite a lot of wasted space for us. We did take a travel kettle so could make a cuppa in the morning, especially as breakfast didn't start until 8am . The room was spotless.
It was a bit of a stroll to reception, the grounds were also very clean and the flower beds tended.
Reception was manned by really helpful friendly staff.Nothing was too much trouble.
There were plenty of sun beds. All wine was acceptable, Amstel lager, not my favourite but drinkable. Spirits were acceptable, noticed the gin was about 24% from memory but measures huge.
Food was all cooked well but not terribly inspiring. Lovely roasted meats. Grilled lamb, steak and pork at times. Also fish, which were a bit bony. Pasta and pizza, paella and mussels at times.It was just a little boring.
At breakfast I would have loved some mushrooms or a grilled tomato but that is just me. Cava available at breakfast but not lunch or dinner.It was available in the bars.
The Asian made a change and we booked once for each room so went twice!
Desserts were very highly coloured cakes and the chocolate fountain on occasion.
Marshmallows and sweets more for children.
Just a few negatives.We were impressed to get a phone call to the room to ask if everything was ok. Our friends pointed out the hairdryer didn't work so they said they would fix it but it didn't happen without more reminding a couple of days later.
Having to pay for a safe was disappointing and the wifi was expensive too. Towel deposit also I felt was unnecessary. We wandered into the Costa Calma Palace, next door and quietly sat in their lobby and used their free wifi. I bit naughty I know.
Very few English which really didn't bother us. Most guests were friendly. The entertainment team were enthusiastic but not for us
Little shops in both directions for holiday essentials.
All in all a good break. Some days the weather was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex consisting of several buildings in a palm garden of more than 77.000 m2, our SBH Mónica Beach ofers spectacular entertainment, with sports and activities for everybody, live music, professional shows etc. And for our star guests, the children, we've thought of everthing: miniclub, children's playground , games and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SBH Monica Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Monica Beach Hotel Costa Calma
- Sunrise Monica Beach Costa Calma
- Monica Beach Fuerteventura