Lowest prices for your stay
$78
Priceline
$66
Vio.com
$57
Hotels.com$78
Travelocity$78
Trip.com$78
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2019

From the very beginning when we made our reservations the staff at Buena Vida answered all our questions in a very timely manner. I never had to wait more than a day for any reply. They helped to arrange all of our airport transport from Cebu to Maya Port then from Maya Port to Malapascua. There was a little confusion at the port, but that was due to the national coast guard not communicating to the passengers.
When we arrived at Malapascua, the staff at Ocean Vida (Buena Vida's sister resort) welcomed us and brought our bags to Buena Vida while we checked in with the dive company Sea Explorers. We were then shown to Buena Vida and welcomed very warmly.
Our room was lovely with a private outdoor sitting area. The grounds were quite beautiful with a a spa, wading pool/jacuzzi, yoga shala and exercise room. My husband and I took advantage of daily massages.
Each morning we had a very delicious and filling Filipino breakfast, which we needed to power us through a full day of diving. The service was always friendly and helpful.
The following staff members at Buena Vida were particularly great. Freeda always had a smile on her face and was always happy. Lorenza could solve any issue or problem and was so helpful when our bags got misplaced at the airport. Giziel went out of her way to make sure all of our airport transfers went smoothly so we didn't have to worry about anything.
While Buena Vida is on a beautiful island with world class diving, amazing amenities and lovely accommodations, it's the people that make it truly worth visiting. Every night we were presented with homemade baked good hung on our door with a sweet and inspiring note attached wishing us a good night sleep and a wonderful tomorrow.
If I could, I would go back tomorrow!

Room tip: All the rooms are equally great.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
oceanvidamalapascua, Gérant at Buena Vida Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Hello Atina.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this great comment ! Your feedback is really appreciated.
It was a real pleasure to have you with us !
We are happy that we reached all your expectations and We hope to see you again!

Warm regards and greetings from Buena Vida Family.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Buena Vida. Spacious room and terrace overlooking the garden, the most precious reception room and delicious breakfast. However, the main reason of our visit was the free yoga classes, which we were told after arrival that only one class is free and its organised if at least two guests are interested. Unfortunately, there was noone interested in yoga during our stay, so my boyfriend was forced to do yoga with me every morning, which he had enjoy in the end:) Yoga teacher was the nicest person we met at the hotel, very nice lady who invited us for a night yoga on the beach - the most memorable night of our stay in Malapascua. The resort was fully booked and I have tried to contact the resort on Facebook if theres any availibility. I was surprised by getting no answer at all and when I booked it (suddenly there was one room left on Agoda) and showed up at the hotel the girl who was showing us around said "sorry we are busy". That was like the first thing she said when we entered the place. Girl I dont care if you are busy or not, Im a client who paid more than enough to get a simple one sentence long answer. Besides this bad experience all other reception employees and staff were super super nice!!! Over all we really enjoyed our stay and hopefuly will come back.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FabienneandSven, Inhaber at Buena Vida Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear Veronika,
we are happy you joined the morning classes with us and your boyfriend as you write enjoyed too.
Like usually there were enough registrations for our candle light beach yoga - so you could join there too.
During high season we are usually fully booked, seems like you had a lucky moment when we had a cancelation with Agoda and one accommodation was free again.
Thanks for your stay and enjoying the Yoga classes with us.
All the best from Buena Vida Family!

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

I had terrible experience at this resort, me n my wife went to their breakfast place at 7am but to my surprise nothing was ready,if you claim yourself as three star property then you should follow your timings. Instead of sitting their and wasting our time I thought I'll ask them how to unlock the locker as it was malfunctioning n my wallet was locked in it. So I went n asked one of the guys who had explained all resort facilities when I had arrived and had also told me that in case of any problem please come and talk to me. So I decided to go and talk to him but he started shouting on me n said sirrrrrr go and talk to girl on reception desk. It was really very insulting for me. After some time we came back for breakfast at their unhygienic dining place, as the menu was very limited we ordered an omelet with some chillies n cheese in it. I really don't understand what was so funny in it . I found their waiter n waitress making fun of me n saying he wants chillies in his omelette. They thought I do not understand the difference between chilli n cheese so the waitress again came to me n asked do u want chilli or cheese in your omelette. I again told her that I want some chillies as I like it spicy.but still they kept looking at me n laughing . I didnt want to create scene Infront of other resort guests so I went to reception n complained about waiter n waitress but I was told we will look into it but I wanted some immediate action, so I demanded to speak to the manager but guess what she was late to work n didn't reach even when I was about to leave at 9am. I also requested to speak to the resort owner but she was busy with yoga class. I was told that she will contact me through email but I didn't receive any email from her side. This proves that they are very unprofessional n I will request you guys to stay away from this property.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RohitG1558
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Stayed at Buena Vida for 4 days and had an amazing time in Malapascua - we booked a package which allowed us to dive with their partnered dive shop Sea Explorers. The staff were incredible from check in, to breakfast to the masseuses and yoga instructors. The rooms are huge with beautiful terraces surrounded by trees where you can wile away the afternoons in the hammock. Amazing spa and massages on offer - perfect after a full day of diving and morning and afternoon yoga sessions to compliment the zen environment on offer. There is also a gym and a jacuzzi on site which we would have likely used if we had stayed longer. Had an amazing stay - thank you to all the staff that made us feel so welcome and at home, we'll definitely be back soon!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FabienneandSven, Manager at Buena Vida Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear Kat R!
Warming reading your feedback about your stay with Buena Vida. Thank you very much for being our smiling guests, it was a big pleasure for us hosting you during your vacations.
Hopefully we meet again!
All the best from Buena Vida Family and Malapascua Island.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Certainly one of the best Resort on Malapascua. Well managed, friendly and fluent speaking English staff. Rooms are functional and cosy. The breakfast, for Malapascua, great. Very helpful crewmembers.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank global-swiss
FabienneandSven, Manager at Buena Vida Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear byebyecorporate, thank you for your feedback and staying with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and felt warm welcomed by all our team.
Hope to you meet again. Greetings from Buena Vida Family!