“Professional, organised and lots of fun”

Devocean Divers Malapascua
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A PADI 5 Star accredited dive center located on Malapascua Island, easily one of the best dive islands in the world. Daily dives with Thresher sharks. The Philippines' seas are considered some of the richest in marine biodiversity, Monad Shoal off Malapascua Island is the only place in the world to provide daily encounters with Thresher Sharks. Embraced by crystal clear waters, Malapascua is an idyllic island paradise where dreams come true! Devocean Divers offers fun dives, dive safaris and PADI dive courses encompassing all levels of experience, with safe, experienced guides and multilingual instructors. Devocean Divers has received the highest rating from PADI and we are proud to operate as a 5 Star PADI Dive Center.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 April 2018

As an experienced diver, I confirm this is a great diveshop. Super friendly welcome, well organised and clear dive scheme.
First time in my dive career I got offered a warm towel when coming on board after a dive = a detail, but it felt oooh so good.

All reviews
"night dive"
in 12 reviews
"spent days"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited devocean for a day trip to Donna Marilyn, gato island and night dive at chocolate island. Had a great day out the whole team are really friendly and a great laugh. I'd Recommend the dive guide Johanna she has a great knowledge of the creatures around the island and had great fun at gato island and the night dive.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I did the tresher shark dive two times with these guys and it was perfect. They have very good boats and the instructors really know their way in the diving spots.

1  Thank Ilona K
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have been diving with different dive centers for 6 years, some were bad and some were great but this dive center exceeded my expectation. Last Feb, me and my friend were in the island, we did thresher shark diving with another dive shop, we decided to dive more on that day but unfortunately they do not have room for the two of us on their boat for the second dive. We were walking around the island looking for breakfast and passed by Devocean Divers, that was the most accurate decision that I have made in my life :) We were diving in Rock Island site with the equally gorgeous divemaster Princess. She was very friendly and accommodating. I like it when dive staff share their dive experiences to their guests, it made me feel relaxed and at home. We were all ladies diving on that day, girl power!I had an awesome dive experience with Devocean.

Staff are so friendly, they even let us use the newly unboxed dive equipment.

Excellent dive center situated in an amazing island.

I will come back for more.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Choosing the right dive shop plays a major role in any dive experience. Initially I was planning to go with the 2 biggest dive shops in Malapascua island (with more tripadivsor ratings), but we went with Devocean which had less ratings but the highest excellent rating ratio. I can say I made the right decision and I am very very happy how everything turned out!
1) Equipment was in great condition. I had my own gear except BCD and regulator which I rented and they looked new.
2) Dive instructors, personnel, and management were all friendly and the place felt like home. They were all professional and helpful. Great location and their lawn is a nice place to chill after every dive.
3) The boat was big and was not crowded. I don't like big groups and crowded boats so I enjoyed the 45 min. ride to Monad shoal and back because there was so much space in the boat to manage my sea sickness (the seas were pretty rough and choppy even on a sunny day). Maybe it is off-peak season right now or I am just lucky.
4) Great value for money. Dive packages in the island are pretty competitive and Devocean offered a good price for all our dives. Very flexible too. When I was browsing for dive packages, the other dive shops are very pushy for you to make a full payment online--with no refunds! That turned me off. With Devocean, they allowed me to plan my dives with them in a flexible way, and just pay everything after my last dive. I like that setup a lot.

Overall, it felt like first-class diving with Devocean. Again maybe I was just lucky but on my very first dive at Monad Shoal, there were 5-6 instances the sharks came close enough for my gopro to capture. Thank you very much Devocean for an experience of a lifetime! I am definitely coming back and diving with you again. 5 stars!

1  Thank Kat B