Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$79
View deal
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews craic house thresher sharks gato island dive shop whole team diving equipment rooms are great stayed nights beach front matt revolution dives boats philippines resort malapascua typhoon
Selected filters
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I recently visited malapascua with Indi Dive with 43 in our group to dive with the thresher sharks. We managed to fill the whole resort and a few rooms next door at exotic dive resort. The staff at evolution were amazing! The food at the resort was great! Happy hour was even Better with buy one get one free! Diving in the area was subject to weather conditions like most places, occasionally there was a strong surface current common to the time of year. The shark dives were amazing as it was my first time diving with sharks, we had some great close encounters that made the 4-430am wakeup times bearable. Gatto island and kalanggaman island are a must to dive! They are both day trips. I had the pleasure of diving with Jo-Jo and Seb, both guides were great and had brilliant knowledge of the area. I would definitely recommend staying and diving with evolution!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Really great dive resort. Obviously the diving in Malapascua is pretty cool!
Did my TDI Advanced nitrox/ deco courses and really loved it. Great and professional instructors for the courses.

Great rooms, staff and bar/ restaurant as well. Will be back!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Me and my friend first visited this place for a week and had amazing experience while diving with them. I was planning to do my Divemaster course from Spain and had booked most of the things but after an awesome dive at Monad shoal with thresher sharks, I decided to do my course from malapascua and only with Evolution. The entire staff is really nice and the attitude towards customer is what makes them the best. Start from the owner David, whom I troubled so many time over the mails for little details and he was always prompt with the reply. The instructors are fun and full of energy. During my entire stay of 2 months I felt like a part of family and had the chance to learn from the Best in the Diving industry( Matt and Dannie). The entire team is very professional when it comes to the work and real fun to hang out with. Special thanks to my three blondies- Mette( Blonde women really are fabulous), Freddy( Blonde women really are fantastic), Big Sebrina( Blonde women really are fun) and Nick (the man who manage the entire show) . From the staff at restaurant to dive crew everyone is friendly and helpful. A must visit place, the place where amateurs turn Professionals.

Room tip: If you are looking for more space at reasonable price then go with the deluxe rooms.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sunny1185
Reviewed September 16, 2017

My second year here, last year I stayed in the main accommodation block because those rooms were the only ones with air conditioning. (The large twin bed rooms).
This year i had one of the "beach huts", with A/C.
These rooms are quite small but adequate, after all time is spent diving or in the bar, not sat in a room.
There is a large porch area outside for sitting and for hanging wet clothes. Overlooks the resort and immediately to your right is the beach and the sea.
24 hr Security in the resort.
Always clean with excellent housekeeping.
The service and the staff here are really good, reception is there all day and quite happy when the old guy locks himself out of his room for the second (or third) time. oops.
Craic House bar and restaurant has improved so much since last year. the new F+B manager has made so many improvements food wise and is still trying out new recipes and such. Daily special was always good and they will prepare any variation for you.
Staff are very helpful.
Good choice of beers.
There is cheaper accommodation in Malapascua, but I believe in "Value" and the Value for you money here is excellent.
I shall return.

Room tip: Cant beat the beach huts
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We've been back to Malapascua with Evolution at least 3 times over the years (last time in May 2016). It is one of our favourite diving locations in the Philippines. Great variety of macro diving as well as the thresher shards and other great experiences like seeing the mandarin fish.

Staff and owners are super friendly. The food and drinks are excellent. The mango shakes are divine! :)

We didn't do any courses at the diving school but the owners and dives masters/instructors are very professional and take diving and diving safety seriously. Gino was fantastic!

Malapascua has been getting increasingly busy over the years so we would recommend diving in the low season to avoid the crowds.

All in all, it has been a wonderful experience every single time.

Date of stay: October 2016