Stayed here in march 2017. Weather was cooler than average, so diving was chilly. The resort is very small and simple. No pool, and it was missed since most dive resorts we've been to have one.
- if you take public ferry from mainland to malapascua, the walk from the drop off to evolution is a solid 10-15 min walk, on soft sand. If you have rolling suit cases, this is agonizing. Hire a porter on the beach for 50 php, worth it.
- the restaurant in the resort called the "Craic house" makes very good food. We were not disappointed with any dish. Average cost is 300php a dish. 60php for beer.
- we did 6 dives with them. Two at monad shoal for thresher sharks. It's very high success rate to see threshers, so don't worry. Staff is friendly, DMs are good. Dive boats are a bit of chaos when it comes to getting into the water. They lay all the tanks with regs/bcd on the deck of the boat, then all the divers climb around each other to get to their tank. Could be organized a little better - but it works. They take care of all your equipment, you just put all your stuff in a bin and then they make sure your bin is always on the boat when you sign up for a dive, they even wash it which was a first for us.
- room - large rooms, very clean. Beds are semi soft with only sheets, no comforter. AC worked great. Shower pressure is poor to terrible, but it depends how warm you want the water. Hot water will result in a pee stream of water and Warm water will result in decent shower pressure. No bugs came into our room, they are sealed well.
- beach is ok. The sand is really soft and powder like in some spots, heavy mix of sea shells as well. Water is not the best for swimming, lots of sea weed and coral 5 feet from shore and boats are very active in front of all the resorts.
Overall a nice quiet atmosphere, great for people focused on diving.
Shoot me a message if you have any specific questions, and give me a thumbs up if my review was helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evolution is small and friendly owner operated resort that provides everything you could need to enjoy Malapascua's great diving. We have 16 rooms with a choice of AC or Fan, all within a short distance from our golden white sand beach. The resort is home to one of the most highly rated restaurant on the island, where you'll find food for all palates, and a great selection of vegetarian dishes as well. Just let us know what you need to make your trip great and we'll do our best to make it happen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Evolution Diving Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.