Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Dive Shop

Divelink is the place to dive and stay when visiting Malapascua . Located on quite & relaxing side... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2020
stevencW5668ZD
Experienced dive shop with local insights

As a group of experienced divers, we appreciate the services both above & below the water. Dive... read more

Reviewed 16 January 2020
sandyHK315
Hong Kong, China
via mobile

All reviews gato island dive shop dive master thresher sharks experienced divers gary dives dm safety creatures transfer arrangements accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Competitive on price, very friendly staff who certainly know their way around the dive sites.

Great Dive Centre and would definitely recommend them.

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank Harry J
Reviewed 12 April 2015

James and Jay are awesome dive guides! Friendly and accommodating. The boat men are also hospitable, too.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Roger C
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

I was excited to dive with Divelink, first because I got recomendations on them, and second because they're supposed to be the only shop in Malapascua run by locals.
Big mistake.
Firts of all, they told me to be there at 4:30 in the morning, but we only left one hour later. Apart from standing alone, in the dark, waiting, we were the last to arrive at a crowded dive site. Second, my second stage and BCD tube were leaking the whole dive - they said not to worry, but my air was over very fast and I had go back to the boat ALONE. And last, the divemasters have no respect for the marine life. They were destroying the coral on.purpose, turning stones, picking up and poking animals... I wish I had their numbers to report them to PADI. If everyone dived like them, there would be nothing else to see or preserve.
Horrible school, go somewhere else, at least until the locals learn how to show you the right way.

3  Thank Patricia V
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I had a couple dives with Divelink Cebu and they were great. They were very relaxed and didn't try to pressure or rush anything. The owner Gary was very friendly and informative about his work on trying to preserve the sealife in the area. His son was also working there and very helpful and was willing to help with any questions or issues. I was also very happy they were able to find a wet suit for me. I am 6'4 and it isn't easy to find wet suits that big.
The boats they used were good. The only ones I saw on the island using fiberglass, and all the equipment worked well too.

I only did a couple dives Deep Rock and the Monad Shoal for the thresher shark. The best dives are the Monad shoal and Gato Island. Gato Island has white tip sharks and sea crates (snakes!).

Divelink often offers accommodation but at the moment I was there they were refurbishing the guest rooms because of damage from the last typhoon.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank Solomon_Montana
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to dive with you.

This dive shop is the only Filipino operator in Malapascua. And I prefer their services. My group had a fab time diving with DiveLink, also recommended by our dive instructor.

We were able to have 3 dives a day, well we can maybe push for 4-5 but I guess its up to your group. We want to have sometime to rest and relax and appreciate the beach as well.

DiveLink will try to help you out in every way possible and so far they have been very helpful and my group is very grateful for everything.

The Thresher Shark Dives were amazing. We were also able to see White Tip Sharks during the trip. Our DM was very helpful. It was maybe a good thing that we have someone in our group who speaks the same language.

Cheers to DiveLink! Looking for another dive with you guys.

Date of experience: January 2015