“Mixed feelings”
Review of Divelink Cebu

Divelink Cebu
Ranked #9 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The first Filipino owned all local dive shop in Malapascua situated on Logon beach, we've got the best guides to show you the way around, above, and under Malapascua waters.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

The staff were super friendly and really chill. Everything seemed to be well organized the first day, with the exception of leaving quite later than expected. Gato Island was great and the dive master was at my side giving me some weight when he noticed I didnt have enough weight to desend! We signed up to do two more dives the next day (thresher sharks) and left so late we were just getting into the water when all the other boats had already left. It was so disappointing, as no one could really say why we were so delayed. Turns out they had hired a boat when theirs had broke down ans the new crew didn't know where to go/weren't awake on time. When it came time to pay, they were really apologetic and reduced the cost of the dives. Overall, the professonalism here isn't overly high, but the staff were still kind and I did have some good dives!

3 Thank Alexandra D

• Korean first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very friendly people who know the dive sites”
Reviewed May 19, 2015

Competitive on price, very friendly staff who certainly know their way around the dive sites.

Great Dive Centre and would definitely recommend them.

Visited May 2015
1 Thank Harry J
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very welcoming and friendly staff.”
Reviewed April 12, 2015

James and Jay are awesome dive guides! Friendly and accommodating. The boat men are also hospitable, too.

Visited April 2015
1 Thank Roger C
Belo Horizonte, MG
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unprofessional all the way”
Reviewed April 7, 2015 via mobile

I was excited to dive with Divelink, first because I got recomendations on them, and second because they're supposed to be the only shop in Malapascua run by locals.
Big mistake.
Firts of all, they told me to be there at 4:30 in the morning, but we only left one hour later. Apart from standing alone, in the dark, waiting, we were the last to arrive at a crowded dive site. Second, my second stage and BCD tube were leaking the whole dive - they said not to worry, but my air was over very fast and I had go back to the boat ALONE. And last, the divemasters have no respect for the marine life. They were destroying the coral on.purpose, turning stones, picking up and poking animals... I wish I had their numbers to report them to PADI. If everyone dived like them, there would be nothing else to see or preserve.
Horrible school, go somewhere else, at least until the locals learn how to show you the right way.

3 Thank Patricia V
United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great time and great people”
Reviewed February 8, 2015

I had a couple dives with Divelink Cebu and they were great. They were very relaxed and didn't try to pressure or rush anything. The owner Gary was very friendly and informative about his work on trying to preserve the sealife in the area. His son was also working there and very helpful and was willing to help with any questions or issues. I was also very happy they were able to find a wet suit for me. I am 6'4 and it isn't easy to find wet suits that big.
The boats they used were good. The only ones I saw on the island using fiberglass, and all the equipment worked well too.

I only did a couple dives Deep Rock and the Monad Shoal for the thresher shark. The best dives are the Monad shoal and Gato Island. Gato Island has white tip sharks and sea crates (snakes!).

Divelink often offers accommodation but at the moment I was there they were refurbishing the guest rooms because of damage from the last typhoon.

Visited January 2015