“One of my Best Dives of the Year!”
Review of Divelink Cebu

Divelink Cebu
Ranked #10 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: The first Filipino owned all local dive shop in Malapascua situated on Logon beach, we've got the best guides to show you the way around, above, and under Malapascua waters.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

DiveLink was recommended to us by our Dive Master in PG. The staff are friendly and Kuya Nhato, Divelink's DM was very knowledgeable and thanks to him we saw what we came for, the THRESHER sharks plus so many more! Had to be up by 330am to fix and setup our dive and camera equipment and by 430am should be on the boat. Tiring but definitely worth it! The dive shop is spacious and you can leave your equipment on the space provided, you can write your name above your own storage. We had so much fun and will come back next year!

2  Thank YaneSam
in 3 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 29 reviews

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Divelink cebu is a filipino run dive shop. Staff are shy but friendly people. Thank you divelink for showing us the thresher shark! Guaranteed!

1  Thank Sophie G
Reviewed August 23, 2013

i'm raving about the dive staff and their service this time, because much has already been said about the sharks and marine life which i will also rate as super excellent.

our dive trip to this exotic island was some sort of spur-of-the-moment and we were not able to make long-range plans and bookings. we started calling the staff of divelink a day before we planed into Cebu and mind you these guys were able to set up our boat link from Maya to the island at 8 pm, book our accommodations, put together our diving gear for the next morning and arrange practically every detail of our stay in Malapascua in just a few hours over a mobile fone.

talk about the dive master - James, and the boat crew. wow, this was actually the first time that i was treated like a real guest while diving. i didnt lift a finger to change tanks, check gear... even putting on and taking off my fins was done by an aide. that's what you never see when diving in Thailand.

thanks divelink for the thrill and the fun!

2  Thank sunnimoreno
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best part about this operator are the wonderful local people who work there. The filipinos are so fun loving, easy to like and do business with. They go out of thier way to make sure you have a great experience. The dive masters were professional, helpful and provided just the right level of guidance....more for our inexperience friends, just guiding and finding cool stuff for me and my wife who dive a lot. The DiveLink boatmen were so far above any others we've experienced in the philippines. They BBQ'd our lunches on the boat for a very reasonable cost. Jerome, a nice young man whose whife is abot to have a baby personally watched over our children when they came on the boat. We felt they were in good hands while we all dove.

It was holy week and the dive operations can get very busy this time of year. I'd originally booked with one of the more well known Dive Shops, but at the last minute were told they were full. I was pissed, but as it turns out I think DiveLink provided a better overall experience than what's been reported as more like a dive factory at the big places on bounty beach. We had 4 divers, and with this small group were able to schedule of our dives at our times of choosing, which was huge. Elsewhere, you're stuck to the 4:30am, 9am, 2pm, 5pm schedules for the most part as they are running huge numbers of divers through.

The boats while perhaps needing a bit of a paint job were some of the better functioning big banca style boats we've used in the Philippines. Big engines, big decks, lots of room to roam, and most importantly not jammed with 20 divers.

I would like to have seen better storage for our gear left there overnight. This was my only gripe.

The shop is a short walk from the Tepanee resort. You go down the stairs on the backside, past Angelina's then a short walk down the beach. If you stay at Tepanee, this will be a convenient option.

This is a great 3-4 diving trip. Don't bother with much of the close in stuff in malapascua unless you just need a refresh. Too much bad fishing techniques over the years. Take the longer boat rides to do the threshers, Gato island (the tunnel is cool), and Calangamman.

If we go back to Malapascua, we'll use this operator again.

2  Thank TXCOCA