“Not too bad, could be easily better”

Oscar's Bar and Restaurant Malapascua
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, European, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled high up among the palm trees above TSD, you will find one of the delightful secrets of Malapascua. Oscar's Restaurant is a dining experience you should not miss during your trip.• Top quality dishes at a reasonable price.• The fastest service on Malapascua.• An eclectic mix of international dishes with a new menu every day based on today’s freshest ingredients.• Lively bar with great tunes!• Credit cards accepted.
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Big flying bugs scared all of the women but not bad at all. Food was okay, bar was limited. I can see this place as very busy during the season.

scbrdvr, Owner at Oscar's Bar and Restaurant Malapascua, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your review.

I'm really sorry about the bugs, it must have been "June bug" time. It's just a very few days of the year that they are around, and so I can assure you it's not usual. They are harmless, (I'm possibly a little weird and find them cute!), but I know they can be annoying. I'd love to be able to do something about them, but as we are a partially open air restaurant, it's only a couple of weeks a year, and there are usually not too many of them, unfortunately it's not possible to prevent them on the outside balcony area overlooking the beach. I'm very sorry it spoiled your evening.

I'm surprised though to hear you thought our bar limited as I do take pride on our bar offerings. We have an extensive cocktail menu and a good variety of imported alcohol, plus craft beers, as well as the usual shakes and local drinks. Apologies that we did not meet your expectations.

With best regards (and hoping to see you again at a more insect-free time of year),

Andrea
(Owner)

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious and staff were very nice. The roasted pork belly is the best perk belly I have ever had!

scbrdvr, Owner at Oscar's Bar and Restaurant Malapascua, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thanks for your lovely review and so glad you liked the pork belly so much! I will pass that on to the chef, he will be very happy to hear it :)

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Food was mediocre and quite pricey. Pur meals were top salty. But the happy hour is worthwhile with a 2 for 1 on cocktails which are good. I recommend coming in for drinks only.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

We ate here a number of times while diving with Thresher Shark Divers (below) the food was of a high standard and there was a great range to choose from.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Good food and very convenient to go and eat after or between dives! The staff is very servicemined and just a short time the know your name. Reasonable prices!
I really recommend this restaurant!!