“It could have been better.. Much better”

Thresher Shark Divers
Book In Advance
US$37.41*
Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua Island
US$105.02*
and up
Three-Dive Scuba Diving Tour with Morning Thresher Shark Dive from Malapascua...
US$298.00*
10 Dive Package in Malapascua Island
Ranked #3 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center, located on Malapascua Island in the Philippines. Offering daily thresher shark dives, mantas, hammerheads, reefs and wrecks, macro and muck diving, mating mandarin fish, seahorses, frogfish and much more. Small groups with experienced Divemasters and Instructors. TSD offers all the local dives sites, a full range of PADI courses from beginner to Instructor, dive internships and technical diving. British owned and run, professional and safe, with 8 years experience on Malapascua,
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

Sad to say that despite all the positive reviews, I had a poor visit. I was completing my open water and found my instructor (Angus) to be easily frustrated and impatient. I found the teaching style to be quite authoritarian and not suitable for new and nervous divers. The environment overall was not fun for me and incredibly awkward at times. I was also discouraged from seeing the thresher sharks as I wasnt ready but managed to successfully complete the dive elsewhere on the island. Could be just a one off or personality clash but the fit was no good.

The instruction itself was very rigid and it seemed like it was being read from a textbook. When i went to another school on the island, they used a rubix cube and water bottle to explain air pressure and color change in deep water. Going elsewhere made me really think I did not get good value for my money.

I found the cost of the program to be expensive (19500 pesos for the open water course compared to 15000 pesos that other five star local dive schools charge on the island) especially since the quality of teaching was lacking.

On a more positive note, Darren provided excellent customer service and Elvir (student teacher) is going to make a great dive instructor some day. Both are very patient and good listeners. Andrea (the owner) is personable, responsive and kind.

Unfortunately I would not visit thresher dive school again or recommend it to any of my friends.

1  Thank Desiretodream2016

Reviewed March 9, 2017

We came to Malapascua to see the Thresher Sharks. One of our friends recommended we organise the dive with Thresher Shark Divers, and she was so right.

The all team was brilliant, from beginning to end. Our diver master, Tata, was like a Jedi Master, we started seeing thresher sharks about 2 minutes after we entered the water!

We ended up seeing at least 5 tresher sharks, it was just an amazing experience, yay!!

Thanks Trehser Shark Divers, see you next time! :-)

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Diving with Thresher Sharks has been on my bucket list for a while, and I was not disappointed. Thresher Shark Divers are lovely to deal with and super organised. Saw at least 5 Thresher Sharks this morning on our first dive. What an absolute pleasure to see these incredible creatures. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 7, 2017

Spent 10 days diving with them. They are well organised and dive guides work hard to locate both the threshers (located along a reef between 16m and 30+ ) and the macro stuff. We had our own kit but the hire stuff looked new and in good condition. Our favourite trip was Gato Island.

Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

We spent 4 diving days in Malapascua and were very happy that we chose this diving. Very professional, comfortable boats, good gear. Gato Island was our favourite dive and had a close look at sharks as well. Many thanks especially to Marvin: very nice, funny, caring and knowledgeable dive master!

1  Thank SimoGeneva