Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2019

The resort itself is very known in the area, however the rooms needs improvement specially their bathroom and lights. My friends and I booked 2 family rooms, yet the room we had seems to be like a twin sharing room. Upon entering the room, bathroom was with alive crab crawling all over while the other rooms looks like haven't cleaned yet after their previous guest checked out.The bath towel smells and room itself smells like old condominium. We understand that the island was wrecked few year back by a strong typhoon, yet i guess the amount we paid for it deserves a more enticing accommodation. We had also a free breakfast included, but same old story, not that satisfied. Yet, over all the staff were very approachable but certainly the resort itself needs improvement.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019

Very large, and very nice, and very clean rooms are on offer here. People come from far and wide to eat at Blue Water’s restaurant which has a massive dining room as well as tables on the beach. They also have a very good dive shop.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack-Dru
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Blue Water Resort is a beautiful place. One night we got an upgrade suite. Amazing room. We definitely will be back! The staff was all friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! Love you all. Wanda and Don Richard

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 308wandar2019
Reviewed January 12, 2019

Although I recommend this place, it comes with a few caveats. First, the owner happened to be there and he did a big reno on the bar/restaurant while we were there. It didn't cause any undue disruption, and it certainly improved the place greatly, but it was pretty terrible before that. Only ate a couple meals here and they were fine - not expensive and not memorable for being either good or bad. They do a BBQ on the beach each night, which is nice. The hotel itself is hopefully next on the owners to-do list. I understand there was a lot of damage from a typhoon a few years back and it's been costly to claw their way back so I don't want to be too critical. But the rooms in the back of the hotel behind the big pool and dive shop were not attractive at all. Fortunately, we took over two of the nicest rooms (Gato and Summer Seeker). Summer Seeker looks out over the beach and Gato has a nice balcony that affords a partially obstructed view. They are roomy and the bathrooms are fine although water pressure is not great. My other pet peeve with this place is that it has a split personality online. I actually booked one room on Expedia and a second room on Booking.com, thinking they were SEPARATE HOTELS! The names and pictures on both sites were different, so I thought they were two different resorts next door to each other. The night we checked in (Christmas Eve... looking for a room at the inn!!) I couldn't find the second hotel so I went back to reception and showed them the booking to ask where the hotel was.... they told me my room was ready! Craziest thing... Hard to know where you are when so many resorts have names constructed from the same jumble of words: Malapascua, Thresher, Resort, Beach, Dive... they all sound the same.

Room tip: Summer Seeker is the best room. Great Ocean view. Gato is a close second. Avoid rooms by the pool....wifi is free in the reception.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Weej1967
Reviewed December 30, 2018

Having spent sometime working as a freelance instructor on Malapascua. I had my first experience bringing a small group of my students to Blue Water. I had heard positive things from a number of respected local dive professionals. We were not disappointed. Our party were thoroughly catered for with amazing dive masters, instructors, quality equipment, powerful stable boats, and attentive staff and friendly owners Nigel and Janet. Highlights included an amazing 3 dive trip to the Magical Capitancillo Island, Nitrox diving with Thresher Sharks, and seeing the Mandarin fish mating at the lighthouse. Needless to say our group had an amazing dive holiday! The resort is being undergoing a transformation with a new bar and restaurant area. The diving staff now include Jo Amar a highly respected intructor. I highly recommend Blue Water - Malapascua Dive Resort in 2019.

Date of stay: October 2018