Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Blue Water Resort is a beautiful place. One night we got an upgrade suite. Amazing room. We definitely will be back! The staff was all friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! Love you all. Wanda and Don Richard

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 308wandar2019
Reviewed January 12, 2019

Although I recommend this place, it comes with a few caveats. First, the owner happened to be there and he did a big reno on the bar/restaurant while we were there. It didn't cause any undue disruption, and it certainly improved the place greatly, but it was pretty terrible before that. Only ate a couple meals here and they were fine - not expensive and not memorable for being either good or bad. They do a BBQ on the beach each night, which is nice. The hotel itself is hopefully next on the owners to-do list. I understand there was a lot of damage from a typhoon a few years back and it's been costly to claw their way back so I don't want to be too critical. But the rooms in the back of the hotel behind the big pool and dive shop were not attractive at all. Fortunately, we took over two of the nicest rooms (Gato and Summer Seeker). Summer Seeker looks out over the beach and Gato has a nice balcony that affords a partially obstructed view. They are roomy and the bathrooms are fine although water pressure is not great. My other pet peeve with this place is that it has a split personality online. I actually booked one room on Expedia and a second room on Booking.com, thinking they were SEPARATE HOTELS! The names and pictures on both sites were different, so I thought they were two different resorts next door to each other. The night we checked in (Christmas Eve... looking for a room at the inn!!) I couldn't find the second hotel so I went back to reception and showed them the booking to ask where the hotel was.... they told me my room was ready! Craziest thing... Hard to know where you are when so many resorts have names constructed from the same jumble of words: Malapascua, Thresher, Resort, Beach, Dive... they all sound the same.

Room tip: Summer Seeker is the best room. Great Ocean view. Gato is a close second. Avoid rooms by the pool....wifi is free in the reception.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Weej1967
Reviewed December 30, 2018

Having spent sometime working as a freelance instructor on Malapascua. I had my first experience bringing a small group of my students to Blue Water. I had heard positive things from a number of respected local dive professionals. We were not disappointed. Our party were thoroughly catered for with amazing dive masters, instructors, quality equipment, powerful stable boats, and attentive staff and friendly owners Nigel and Janet. Highlights included an amazing 3 dive trip to the Magical Capitancillo Island, Nitrox diving with Thresher Sharks, and seeing the Mandarin fish mating at the lighthouse. Needless to say our group had an amazing dive holiday! The resort is being undergoing a transformation with a new bar and restaurant area. The diving staff now include Jo Amar a highly respected intructor. I highly recommend Blue Water - Malapascua Dive Resort in 2019.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018

After our initial two day booking, we decided to stay again in the same place for another week. Why? Well, the rooms are good, the food was very good, the beach is excellent for snorkeling, their pool is brilliant and most importantly, the staff and owners were absolutely amazing, treating us like a part of their family.

We did look at the other nearby options, but there just wasn't anywhere that could compete on value, quality, location and hospitality.

I really hope we have the chance to go back soon.

In addition, it was my friend's birthday actually during our trip and the owners helped us arrange to bring a cake in from the mainland. The owners passed by our table at dinner and brought us a glass of wine each, gave a toast and then moved off. After dinner, they brought out the cake with candles and I gather that every staff and relative there WANTED to be involved and all brought balloons out and sang Happy Birthday. It was really an amazing night.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2018

no frills room just go to the beach or go for a dive.I was there on Christmas eve and day and it was a special time for santa clause. If you are there for the Christmas eve program on the beach and the give away to the local people, you will witness something very wonderful. The owner of this place plays santa clause and the staff prepares gift packages to the locals and they stand in line for a long time to get their present.

Date of stay: December 2017