Lowest prices for your stay
$62
Free cancellation until 12/10/22
Travelocity$62
Trip.com$55
Vio.com$45
All reviews beach front happy hour shrimp nice beach dive instructor resort island malapascua padi paradise skills typhoon
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2019

Great clean friendly hotel and very low cost. Great base for Thresher Shark diving trips. see review of dive centre.

Food menu as extensive and plentiful. a good mixture of European ands Asian.

staff are friendly and fun. Nothing was too much trouble and always with a smile.

I highly recommend this hotel for a great low budget trip.

Dean S.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank dean s
Reviewed July 22, 2019

I took a school diving trip to the resort and found it to be excellent. I have never had a trip where a student has not complained about the food until this one and I must say it was brilliant. I worked my way through a fair amount of the menu and enjoyed all the meals. Rooms were large and although the air-con was a little noisy it functioned very well. The salt water showers took a little getting use to but on such a small island fresh water is at a premium. We were all bitten by sand flies but a good repellent soon sorted this out and after bite cream settled them down fast.
There are no real shops on the island so take all that you need as things can be a little hard to find but the hotel staff are very helpful with this and all things.

Diving was good and the center staff very helpful. Our party emptied their kit store and they worked hard to find things which they did not have eg 10lt tanks for my smaller students. The dive guides where good and only the wind prevented us from diving the full range of sites they have to offer.

I can fully recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank John K
Reviewed June 21, 2019

Just returned from PI and spent 6 nights at Exotic Island Dive Resort. Great little place right on the beach. We had a beach front room and loved it. The hotel is on the best section of Bounty Beach where it is a little quieter and less cluttered with bankas. I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, well maintained and had all the essentials. The restaurant has an extensive choice of food. Both the European as well as PI food were excellent. They serve a really nice breakfast with fantastic coffee, crepes, omelet station and Asian choices- great way to start your day. Nice bar as well. We got massages at the hotel which were excellent and fairly priced. The hotel has a great vibe to it very chill. The dive shop was top notch. I have well over 100 dives logged around the world and this was a fantastic operation. Great place to get certified. Dive boats were big and uncrowded, good ratio of diver to DM - real boutique feel. DMs were great and were able to quickly assess the capabilities of each diver which makes for a good dive experience. Lots of support on the boats too- with equipment, getting on and off etc. The hotel can arrange for private transportation off the island direct from the hotel and for a car to meet you at the pier back in Maya. A real convenience which I would recommend, but they do charge a bit of a premium to make the arrangements for you.

Room tip: We really enjoyed the beach front room. I would recommend it for sure.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MicknShine
Reviewed June 14, 2019

I had a wonderful time at this resort. I had a beachfront room with a beautiful view of the sea. The hotel room was simple but nice and quite spacious. The hotel and restaurant staff were all friendly and helpful.

The restaurant menu has a wide range of food including Filipino, Malaysian, British, Dutch and Italian dishes. Everything I had to eat was delicious and I was often spoilt for choice.

The real standout is the dive shop. This is one of the best places I have ever been diving. The dive sites are some of the most beautiful I’ve ever visited and the island is known for its thresher sharks but I also saw white tips. The coral gardens are gorgeous and I saw something interesting and new on every dive.

The dive shop staff are all friendly and extremely knowledgeable. The dive groups were small and for most dives it was just myself and the divemaster so I was able to go at my own pace and do exactly as I wanted on every dive. I didn’t request one to one dives but Exotic keeps all of the dive groups small.

The staff themselves are all friendly and highly experienced and everyone went out of their way to make sure I was having the best possible time. I’d highly recommend Exotic.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ThresherSharkDooDoo
Reviewed May 30, 2019

My wife and I picked this resort at random. After staying for 7 nights, would go back tomorrow. Rooms are adequate depending on your price but clean and spacious. Balcony’s provide good relaxation and room to hang diving gear. Food terrific, service terrific, staff double excellent!
Congratulations to Troy Murray! PADI dive director. Troy and Chen gave me and my mate the motivation to actually take on a new course (Advance Open Water) which was excellent!. Can’t wait to go back!!!

Date of stay: March 2019