Bambuda Lodge
Buccaneer Resort(Carenero Island)
US$75
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$118
US$114
Hotels.com
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Swan's Cay Hotel(Bocas Town)
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bocas del Toro(Bocas Town)
US$102
US$92
Hotel Laguna(Bocas Town)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbocas del torowater taxiprivate roommain islandgreat foodevery nightcentral americaplace to stayother islandsother guestsamazing placehospital pointfamily dinnerjungle trailother travelersamazing staffbeautiful hostel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'd liked it a lot to stay in Bambuda Lodge...We did not stay in a dorm..we had a own cabin "Embra Room" and the view from the shower was amazing...The food was good and the menu changed everyday..I think the chillout area is too small for that amount of guests but you will always find a place to hang around..the jungle trail was fun and easy for a newby like me...you should wear long clothes at sunset time and after beacause the mosquitos were really agressive and the bites wont go away for a long time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are looking for a place to relax but also have the best time away from everything this is the place to be. My boyfriend and I stayed in a Bungalow for 2 nights and we had such a wonderful experience. The restaurant offered delicious and healthy meals for all types of people. The bungalow was beautiful and clean, I would recommend bringing some snacks and water to have in the room in case you missed to sign up for the dinner at the restaurant or take a boat back to Bocas town to have dinner. Honestly, my boyfriend and I did not have to leave the property at all! We did the Hike to Hospital point a private little bay, please note that you MUST use the walking boots provided by the hotel and that when they say that there are crocodiles in the trails they DO Mean it! We ran into a medium size croc and her babies in one of the little ponds you have to go to get to the hidden bay, it was a crazy but fun experience. If you are not that adventurous you can always snorkel in the ocean or relax at the pool. Overall this hostel is unique and beautiful. It might be a bit more expensive than the other hostels in Bocas (especially the restaurant) but it is totally worth it.

IMPORTANT! They do not take American Express, we had to pay our stay with paypal. I wished I knew that before staying here so I could have brought more cash.

Room Tip: Bungalows are away from the restaurant and are very quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I don't stay in hostels but my friend talked me into it. After experiencing the Bambuda lodge and castle, I changed my mind. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful, within a 3 night stay I had made friends with all of them including kitchen staff and support staff. It's location is great for water fun, jungle life and beach experiences. You need to hike the jungle trail for the beach. Kitchen is great, food is consistently good. Everyone took great care of me. The only thing I would say to improve was wifi but given where you are do you really need it? Bambuda lodge is a great place to get away! Definitely coming back.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

The beds are comfy and clean. My bunk was the only without a fan though I still managed to sleep without one.
The food here is amazing and not overly priced.
The staff are helpful and punctual.
The pool was very clean and the surrounding areas.
Can also make a day trip to here to relax for a few hours only having to pay a 8 dollar entrance fee.

The jungle hike through the back is stunning and very muddy. Rubber boots were available with no charge though I would recommend bringing knee high socks or pants as the boots rubbed on my legs causing a small rash because all the boots are a very large size! At the end of the hike there are beaches where You can snorkel with some stunning fish.
A great atmosphere here and it’s easy to mingle with other travellers.
I loved this place and would consider it as one of my top places I’ve been to in bocas

Only negative is that the bathroom for the dorms are located within the bunk area so it can be a bit noisy at night and also a tiny bit of a smell.

The bungalows here also looked amazing as I peaked in a empty one and if I was ever to come back here a bungalow would make this stay 100% perfect.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
SlorpBop, Manager at Bambuda Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Hey there, Catie! Thanks for the wonderful comments. We're glad you enjoyed so many different parts of Bambuda! That reef at the end of the jungle trek is one of our dive sites here and Bocas and you're correct - the area is just stunning! We are currently planning on updating the bathrooms for the dorms and appreciate your feedback very much! Have a great day and hope to see you back sometime (:

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Island hide away with hostel feeling and 5-star kitchen

We had booked a small private room in the Pueblo - but the fan didn’t work properly so they switched us to another room (upgraded us more like) at no extra cost for the other four nights of our stay. Quick and easy help from the reception ladies. (There’s a large guy at reception not really helping people out though)
The food is mouth watering - the cook could work in any high class gourmet restaurant but you get this in a hostel - for example „beetroot capelleti“ - simply delicious!
The jungle sounds around make it an adventure and so does a jungle hike, especially after it has rained - you will be all over covered in mud;)

The first room and night we were in - fan didn’t work properly, bedside light as well and the sink leaked - meaning every time someone washed their hands water was leaking into the room. But since we got easy help and a nice upgrade after talking to the right person, it was all made up for that.

You have to consider that you will always have to take water taxis to get to Bocas Town or anywhere basically, it gets costly doing this 5 days in a row - but if you’d rather stay directly in the jungle than next to any other hostel in a town, then Bambuda is the right place for you!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Hey there, Sarah! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at Bambuda. That jungle trail does get quite muddy after a good rain... but talk about an adventure! We apologize for the problems in your original room, and are glad that there was a solution that allowed you to enjoy the rest of your stay. Since you have left, the fan has been replaced, lamp fixed, as well as the sink (: We appreciate your feedback lots and hope you're able to come stay with us again!