“Awesome Buffet”

Ranked #15 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$62
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort welcomes you to the newly refurbished Terraces Restaurant for a stylish dining experience. Marvel at the stunning ocean views from the comfort of the restaurant during breakfast, lunch or dinner. Renowned on the Gold Coast for its mouthwatering seafood buffet, dining at Terraces Restaurant is an experience not to be missed. Expect a tantalising array of flavours, from the fresh local seafood featuring oysters, prawns, scallops, to traditional favourites such as roasts, soups and sumptuous desserts for true indulgence.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

After a previous poor service experience at the Sheraton Gold Coast decided to give the Saturday Night Buffet a try again. Booked online, checking that parking was still available in carpark, all good. Arrived at the road side entrance to a lane closure and security advising that no onsite car parking was permitted as I was not part of the Commonwealth Games, parking along the road out the front was also blocked off. Was suggested possibly try the complex across the road, which promotes vehicle parking for customers only or will be towed. Not a good start to the night! Tossed up whether or not worth all of the hassle driving around and the walk back to a hotel with no parking. We finally obtained a park and made the walk.
I must say that Sheraton had definitely raised their standard in comparison to our last evening there. Staff very friendly, efficient, and the buffet selection and freshness putting them on the top of the list for the coasts seafood best buffet. I hope that this continues and was not just due to the Commonwealth Games visitors and is maintained for the locals to continue to enjoy.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We had buffet dinner here last night as with all the Gold Coast places they are hurting we recieved on Wednesday from Dimmi a 50% off voucher jumped on it as we have not been here for a long time. We thoroughly enjoyed the buffet , good selection and all tasted great special mention to our server Eden great asset he didnt miss a trick great job mate we will go back and maybe stay inhouse and enjoy !!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great dinner - left very satisfied

Easy, covered, free car parking on site under the hotel

No lobster or Bugs but the prawns and oysters were great. Oysters were on the small side but very tasty. [just get more] Unlike a lot of other buffets they were available natural, mornay and kilpatrick. Great choice of deserts and the accompanying ice cream was fantastic. I particularly liked the smoked prawns - Yumm!!

We sat near the entry in the raised area. The inside water fall is quite noisy and makes chatting difficult

The staff were attentive and courteous and made for a great dining experience

Great idea to check their promotions on their web site as the hotel has a complimentary membership for their SPG program [Starwood Preferred Guest] and can give great savings on weekday lunches and dinners - each diner has to be a member but you can receive 15% discount on the cost of the buffet meal per person.

Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Tiny bistro oysters , small prawns, sand crab legs pathetic, shocking out of tin salads, tasteless desserts. Only worthwhile thing was the baked Barra, obviously this was fresh.
Terrible prosecco with no bubbles ( even after I requested a fresh bottle)
I don’t think it is the chefs fault, I think this outlet needs to change their suppliers or start spending some dollars on quality product for the amount they are charging.. for God’s sake they are across the road from the trawlers. Zero effort for display on the Easter weekend Such a let down for such a beautiful resort.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

TERRACES v MARRIOT:-We have been coming here for 15yrs. It is always fantastic BUT...to me it is the same as it was 15yrs ago...very little change! Last week everything was OK although I never go near the crab. It never seems fresh to me and DRY. You would be better off sourcing JUST THE CRAB MEAT and for $95 a head U should do this,,,I have always found the service fantastic so I don't know what those other people are complaining about. No bugs, no calamari at Terraces? The 'barramundi' was VERY dry- I doubt if it was Aussie barra...possibly frozen? The whiting was nice but the batter was NOT crisp...that is a BIG no no if U are having batter.... The oysters were smallish but anybody who complained about the taste is lying-they were so great. Prawns great as always but a few softies. Over the years I have considered the buffet quite good value for money but not anymore. If you are going to charge that sort of money you are going to have to put things like fresh scallops, lobster tails, a variety of fish (snapper etc) grilled in front of you..
I came to Terraces compare it to the Marriot where we had been 2 weeks prior. I had never been there so as NOT to be biased I went to both on a Wednesday nite over 2 weeks with my wife and kids. As a first timer at the Marriot I was VERY impressed-the full salmon fish for us to pick at..it was impressive-soft succulent and tender/the VERY fresh crab...the crabs WERE FRESH...blue swimmers/bugs-YES/no soft prawns...Terrace Chef should toss out the soft prawns before they are laid out/oysters OK/now they had a European theme on with all sorts of Mediterranean foods at the Marriot...summarising the variety of foods was much greater than at Terraces where I have gone all of these years. The Marriot had FRESH pizza...made as U wait. My kids loved this-why don't you do this...it is NOT costly. The sweets at Terrace and the middle aisle of cheeses etc were up to the usual standard..I would say the middle aisle was better than the Marriot. I loved the broccoli and cheese soup. There were all sorts of dishes with the Medit theme....when we left I was disappointed because there were some dishes I had not tried. I will give it a few months and might come back to Terraces BUT I will be doing the Marriot first. The beef etc was nice at Terraces but it was just as good at Marriot.

2  Thank travmmann