“Best Indian restaurant around”
Review of Spice 'n' Life

Spice 'n' Life
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Kaiapoi
Cuisines: American, Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Love it here. The butter chicken and prawn korma is exceptional. We had takeaways from here for quite sometime but if you think the takeaways are great you should dine in. The naan seems so different, it’s even better! The service is great and now it’s just the 2 of us it’s easier to get out more often and this is definitely our favorite place. Fast , super good food and lovely people.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I used to make the journey specially for this take away, but recently it has gone downhill and the last two meals have been unpleasant. Ordered a chicken jalfezi, korma and a peshwari naan. The korma was tasteless and the chicken was overcooked. The naan was stale and had obviously been reheated. Won't be returning any more.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

we went in with an entertainment voucher and can't wait to go back. I wanted 2 vegetarian samoas for almost the same price as a regular (meat?) one. the regular samosa came in a bowl and was amazing taste and texture. It was enough to fill me up but we also had 2 mains with the leftovers to go. can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Korma sauce was runny like milk, butter chicken sauce had no spices in it at all and tasted identical to watties tomato soup. Was offered a free butter chicken next time I ordered but I would never in a million years go back there. Nothing was good. I should have guessed it would be like this when all I heard while waiting for my order was the constant ding of the microwave presumably heating up the tomato soup. Also the floor hadn't been swept from the day before, not a great look. I asked further questions via Facebook messenger in regards to my food before placing my review, only to be told I'm the first one to complain. I highly doubt this. Was nice to offer a free curry though, fair play there.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Nice indian meal very quick with the meals .nicest indian that we have had would visit again .and friendly staff