“Great food”

Add it.
Riverview Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 31 Restaurants in Kaiapoi
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

The food was great with generous portions. Be aware it can take up to an hour when busy. Also alcohol cannot be purchased without a membership card.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

We dined there on a Sunday evening for a Birthday Party the food was very good and plenty to choose from. The meats were carved for you and huge portions given. The Restaurant has a great atmosphere and is set out with plenty of space between the seats. They also have plenty of non-alcohol drinks to choose from, which is a change. Good Kiwi Food & we would dine there again. Thanks for a very pleasant evening. Murray C

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We tried to eat at this place but it was just too hard. we walked upstairs to find a lady at the bar, no other staff in sight. Asked if we could order food. She said we had to go the counter opposite her. There was no-one there. She had nothing to do, there was only a handful of customers, none of them seemed thirsty. No offer to find the person who could serve us. After a while, someone wandered out and we were told we had to order the 4-course meal. We only wanted a main. We were told the cheap food was downstairs.

Downstairs it was all a bit of a struggle to work out what was happening, I was thinking this is "for the locals". Not too stranger friendly. Whilst the others were choosing their meal (I just wanted their great sounding burger) I TRIED TO ORDER A DRINK. Nup, too hard. I had to find someone to "sign me in" and it wasn't done in a friendly way, it was like they were thinking - got another one- haha.

Good luck guys, if you ever decide to move out of the 1960's let me know.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Even though the restaurant itself has a bit of old school 70's diner feel to it, the menu is filled with tongue-in-cheek humor and the service was prompt but the food was absolutely fabulous! Generous portions, fresh and beautifully displayed. We had the rib-eye steak and slow roast pork belly, both of which were succulent, deliciously tender and excellent value for money. The cheesecake, chocolate brownies... hell yeahhhh!!!

1  Thank Anni G
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We visited the Riverview Restaurant on Saturday 2 February and discovered that new caterers were operating at The Kaiapoi Club. Well, the menu was pleasingly updated and our group was impressed with the meals, presentation, value and all the extras that we were not expecting- like heaps of real mushrooms in the mushroom sauce and I tried out the shrimp cocktail and honestly gave up counting the huge shrimps when I got past 25! Now, that's amazing. We had a lovely time and I better add that the staff were smiley and so helpful.

Thank Amanda and Davi... F