“Morning tea”

Paris for the Weekend
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Kaiapoi
Price range: US$1 - US$35
Description: French inspired cafe in a historic building. Serves french crepes, all day breakfasts, hot soups and cabinet food. Wide selection of teas served in English fine bone china. Delicious HOT coffee. Paris for the Weekend is a stand out cafe that offers something special.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

What a lovely little cafe! Great coffee and tea. Good selection tasty treats. Excellent service. The decor is very quaint with lots of little Paris touches

paris4weekend, Manager at Paris for the Weekend, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely review Errol

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Actualyl all through the day the café sells delightful food and the atmosphere is a little different to most cafes etc. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is fantastic.

paris4weekend, Manager at Paris for the Weekend, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Don't normally order French toast but it was amazing! Great coffee too, didn't even need sugar!
Staff friendly and approachable, and an excellent atmosphere. 5/5 will be back

Thanks for your review brownsteveo :)

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We stumbled across this delightful cafe on our way home and count ourselves lucky. The lady serving was very attentive and friendly. The cafe was not too busy when we were there as it was nearing the end of the day.
My partner had the vegetarian nachoes (good lunch portion and lovely flavour) while I had the vegetarian pastry (nice flavour but I had food envy and wish I had gotten the nachoes). We then decided to be greedy and shared a carrot cake cupcake (delicious flavour and moist but we had to leave half the icing behind as there was way too much).
The cafe is light and airy with high ceilings, has pretty Paris themed decor, and an interesting historical background.
Looking forward to visiting again.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

The building has been beautifully renovated especially inside.
Where my experience at Paris for the Weekend let itself down was a lack of engagement from the staff.
When I made the booking I said the booking was a celebration of my partners birthday but there was no acknowledgement from the staff of the occasion.
On arrival I went to the counter and was told where to sit, not escorted to our seats. The person "greeting" me then said when you are ready to order come back to the counter to order. That was it.
I am not saying the staff were rude as they weren't but just a disappointing lack of engagement.
The food was nicely presented and tasted delicious.

charl0ttej5, Manager at Paris for the Weekend, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you appreciated all the renovations and that the food was enjoyable for you. I have passed your comments on to our staff but I know in the past some people do not like attention being drawn to their birthdays.