The Original Wahoo's Waterside Pub & Patio
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

First time in, but definitely not our last. The fish was fantastic and super fresh. We were able to get a table out on the deck, in which the atmosphere is much better (we love dining outdoors). The service was great too. Our server had a great personality and was very helpful with any questions. The only thing that was not quite as expected were the onion rings. They way they were described sounded as though they were hand breaded, etc. They were pretty much the average food service fried onion ring.
But, everything overall was great! And as soon as we get back down, that's where we are going first for some good fresh fish.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

Great pub food with an atmosphere of a local bar. Blackened grouper was among the best I had on our recent vacation, fried oysters also were scrumptious according to my wife and cousin's husband. Shrimp for the appetizer was just about the best we had all two weeks there and believe me we did a number on the shrimp population. The waitresses were very friendly and accommodating, loved being there.

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Believe it or not, we tried Wahoo's after it was recommended to us. I was pretty disappointed, and would not advise going here. There are plenty of other places in the area that are much better.

The "dive bar" style restaurant is small and dirty. That's fine if it was offset with incredible food, amazing staff or great prices. Instead we got small sized entrees, expensive prices and a grumpy server.

My number one complaint in any service industry is a business that doesn't seem to care that you are there or if you return. That was definitely the vibe I got in this place. I even had the audacity to ask if my wife got a free drink or dessert, since it was her birthday. Our waitress suggested we go somewhere else. Don't worry, we will go spend our money elsewhere next time. Couldn't even muster a "Happy Birthday, sorry we don't offer that".

The outside patio was small, but had a beautiful water view. Unfortunately, that too was ruined by the smell of raw sewage or rotting garbage wafting in the air.

Save yourself the trouble and try somewhere else. We love Lulu's or PJs, though neither are waterfront. They also aren't gross.

Reviewed March 8, 2017

Rustic setting, no frills, but pleasant staff and a good place for a quick meal. Choose outside seating if the weather is good. Great salads and burgers.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Mrs here. We visited Wahoo's based on Trip Advisor and Yelp reviews in early June 2016. We had cast iron blackened fish fingers, they were made with Margate Snapper. These were good, moist, tender, flavorful – even spicy. I had a Guinness and Mr had a Bud Light – then we shared a Dunedin Red Head.
There isn't a whole lot to the decor in here, but the fish and the cooking is spot on and VERY FRESH. We saw them dressing the fish for the kitchen as we sat enjoying our beer and food.
Most likely, we would have eaten more, but this was just mini-lunch number one before we met friends for a full meal.
Oh yes! The portion of fish fingers would have been sufficient for a meal for one person, especially if you paired it with some cooling cole slaw.

1  Thank johndc274