Carousel Motel(Redington Shores)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Siesta Motel(Redington Shores)
Free cancellation until 08/02
US$66
US$64
All reviewsfishing pierredington beachgulf blvdconvenience storeplace to stayrooms are cleangreat locationold floridabeach accessnice poolstovemotelfridgeluxurysink
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Awesome place located right across from a beach access on quiet and hometown-feeling Redington beach. The motel is older, but very clean and nicely kept. The owner was very friendly and service-oriented. There was a nice pool and the back of the motel was on water. No problems! Would gladly return again! Our room had a sink, fridge, stove (with oven), and a microwave. Lots of non-chain cafes nearby to walk to as well.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We stayed at the Sand Vista recently. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a small kitchen with refrigerator, stove, and sink. Wonderful for those who do not want to eat out all the time! No shower/shampoo supplies in room but we brought our own so that was not a problem. The room was very small but perfect for us. Due to high winds, we spent a lot of times at the pool instead of beach. It was clean with comfortable chairs also. I would recommend this place and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I've stayed at Sand Vista 3 times in the past 2 years and I'd hesitate to stay anywhere else! I know what I'm getting when I go there - affordable, quaint, friendly vibes. Kayla runs the place by herself and treats everyone like family. The rooms are clean and have small kitchenettes - its perfect for a no frills vacation. Dip in the pool, enjoy drinks outside your room, walk across the street to the beautiful beach, across the street to the fishing pier. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Parking on site. It's perfect for my boyfriend and I - we like to beach bum for a few days at a time, make most of our own meals and go out for dinner. Quaint, quiet and homey! Feels like our home away from home. When visiting this summer we stayed next door to some folks who were there last year at the same time! There's a lot of repeat visitors and some that stay all summer long! If you like the cozy, friendly, mom-and-pop place - this is for you! If you want the luxury, head to the double tree!

Room Tip: All rooms have kitchenettes, TV, AC.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

This hotel professes to be pet friendly, so long as your pet is not seen. That is, there are areas for the owner/manager's dogs, but not yours. You have to walk them off the property. This can be inconvenient and dangerous particularly late at night.

I told the manager, Kayla, upon booking that my daughter and her husband were going to come visit on one day of our stay for a few hours. She said that was fine. They came out about 2, we went to the beach, came back to the hotel at 4 for a dip in the pool and then to eat dinner when I was told that only Michael and I could use the pool. It was rather embarrassing and should have been disclosed when I said they would be coming by prior to arrival, Then she said they could use it for a fee. We asked about a BBQ grill, and there was one, but it was behind a gated area that was restricted to Kayla and her family and dogs. We decided to go out to eat and were told that guests had to be off of the property at dark.

The rooms are small. There is a fridge, stove, microwave, shower (no tub) ceiling fan and window AC which was noisy, running nonstop, and never really cooled the room over Labor Day weekend. The rooms are clean, kitchen has dishes and things, no linens were changed while we were there for 3 days. Beds were okay, not great. Key to the room was left in an unlocked door because we were late arriving. The next morning the key didn't work. They gave us another one after asking what we "did to it" and then realized thy gave us the wrong key!

Manager Kayla was aware we had been driving through hurricane weather, flooding, and damage on the way down to St Pete. We arrived late, called a couple of hours prior to arrival to give her an ETA as she requested. She was less than friendly about the fact we would be late and did not tell us parking would be an issue. We arrived and there were no spaces available so we had to park down the street. Parking was an issue the entire weekend, even though we did not stay there except to sleep on 2 out of 3 days.

The motel is across the street from the beach, but the "street" is Gulf Blvd a 4 lane main thoroughfare and dangerous to cross at peak times. The beach is beautiful. The pool is small, there are a few chairs and one covered table. Pets are not allowed anywhere but in the rooms or off of the property. There is a mini dock in the back on the canal with a couple of mounted chairs used for fishing. Not much of a view.

Did I mention that I am from Tampa, and lived there 47 yrs? I know this beach and have stayed in literally dozens of places there. With the storm we waited to book a place and wound up losing out on our normal hotel- this was a recommendation from our normal place as being pet friendly and likely to have a room on late notice. I know why they had a room--- and I can promise you we will never go back.

Room Tip: Go someplace else. A Good Room here does not exist.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2017

This is our sixth year of spending our Florida vacation here. Kayla, the owner is like family and will do anything she can to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are clean, well stocked, beds comfortable, the pool is well maintained and very clean. This is a pet friendly place. It is near good food, convenience store and coffee house. If you want an old Florida experience with great southern hospitality this is the place. Price is reasonable and although your near most anything you want (including a liquor store) this place is away from the touristy hustle and bustle of some of the Gulf Blvd areas. We highly recommend this establishment

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional, clean and comfortable - you can't go wrong
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple